• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 0 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Cute title, eh? Anyhow, this topic is about something I'm rather curious about. For all the racers residing on GTPlanet, I'm wondering about racing licenses. Gran Turismo players, you know just what I'm talking about. You get ahead in the racing world, you have to acquire licenses. GT racers went from B-License to IA License. And since GT2, B-License to Super License. And since GT3, you can apply for the same licenses, but a seperate one for rally races.

But let's get in touch with real life. This topic is about licenses in real life. I mean, the license hunt from driver's license to international racing license. I've heard of race car drivers applying for international racing licenses. And former (then, Speedvision) show "Motorvision" (I loved that show and the cars in it, but I'll gladly take "5th Gear") had a German racing school. Students there were applying for an International C-Grade License. Part of it was written, another part is this "computer" test that was like a German version of Gran Turismo 2, and the other was, of course, the track. They looked to use Lanver Evo... 4 or 5, I believe. So GTPlanet, educate me and others about racing in terms of licenses.

As off-topic note, congratulations to me in getting to DISTINGUISHED MEMBER status! 2,000 posts!!! Also off-topic, I'd like to hope that the World Rally race at high-speed Finland goes well.

Back