license b

• Thread starter adikai
  • 14 comments
i need a little help i am new to this game. and the biggest problem is that i brought this game in japan. it GT1. in that the first 2 stages of b license are not getting into my mind(the reason being abvious that the instructions which comei in starting are japanese! ;)) .

now the problem is please tell me how to croos the straight 500m and 1000m race course i am in fix!>

i think from what i can remember from gt1, is you have to accelerate as fast as you can then stop with in the box at the end of the track with out going past the end of it.

i need a little help i am new to this game. and the biggest problem is that i brought this game in japan. it GT1. in that the first 2 stages of b license are not getting into my mind(the reason being abvious that the instructions which comei in starting are japanese! ;)) .

now the problem is please tell me how to croos the straight 500m and 1000m race course i am in fix!>

Watch demo. Demo tell you how to do test. Then you will be in fix and reason will be abvious.

The trick is of course, in GT1, finding the demo.
Wa-a-a-ay back on the topmost menu.

I have the American version. Most people usually believe that it's a shame if you can't clear the B-License tests. You're new to the game, so let me try and help you as I'm reliving my GT1 experiences.

--- John's B-License Help ---[/I]
Please remember that I'm going by the American version.

B1: - You start out with the Mazda Demio. I guess you can call it a very small van by its looks. With a 36-second time limit, you must accelerate off the line very well. As a hint, you need not worry about overrevving the engine in GTs 1 and 2. Proper launches are important in GT3 and GT4. You will want to stop the Demio at about the 950m mark with this car. Keep track of your speedometer. You may want to stop past 95 mph (152.89 (rounded from 152.8877)). Make sure to brake hard and make sure you reach the area you want to fall under. My rustiness from playing GT4 and Tourist Trophy seen me clear Test 1 with a Silver.

B2:{/B] - Hate small cars with low horsepower? Try the 276hp Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT for size! This has been my superweapon for winning 50+ percent of the races in this game. You have 27 seconds to clear this test. Since this is a faster car, you need to better decide your braking point. Here's a tip I use with this car. Look to your left when you get past the 800m mark. Do you notice some guardrails to your left? Let that be a cue to know when to brake. It's best you try to begin braking hard when your car halfway or fully crosses the 900m marker. So you want to brake 50m shorter than the previous test here. I scored Gold in reuniting with my first love.

B3: - You are using a Honda del Sol around the first corner of Deep Forest. This is a front-wheel drive car, meaning that you get to handle corners better without the threat of spinning out like with a RWD car. The negative to FWD in racing is that you run the risk of having understeer in corners if not careful. This means that you don't get as much front traction when heading into corners. Road Racing 101 shows that you follow the racing line if you are unsure of where to go on the race track. Follow the dark part of the roadway. You don't want to just dart out to the right. You want to maintain your speed while heading right. The best point to apply the brakes is to apply them at about the 25m mark or heading into the 25m mark. If you can slide into the corner without losing too much speed, you'll do just fine heading up the hill.

B4: - Same track, different car. You won in FWD. Now it's time to win in RWD. You got an S14 Silvia (the beautiful S15 Silvia wasn't around until GT2). Apply the same strategy from B3. Only issue is, you'll need to stop quicker and exercise handling the RWD S14 Silvia without spinning out. You can take an aggressive line if you're good enough, but if you aren't, just drive carefully and don't head into the corner too hot. An aggressive line would mean you'd drift the car into the corner while maintaining control. It's a bit appropriate because the lineup of Nissan Silvias are pretty popular among drifters especially those S13 models and up including the 180SX and the 240SX. I pulled about a 0:25.316 in my run and still haven't heard my favorite GT1 song yet ("Lose Control" by Ash).

B5: - Same track, another different car. You got the 3000GT again. Did you enjoy the way it accelerated in B2? Try handling this 4WD heavyweight around the same section. It's a little quicker than the S14 Silvia, yet much heavier. It's the ONLY weakness of the 3000GT in my book. I finally heard "Lose Control" and picked up a Silver Prize with a time of 23.389. If I had gotten a better drift in the corner, I probably would have lost two tenths off of my time. You want to stop midway between the 50m and 25m marks.

B6: - Now it's Basics of Multiple Cornering. You will be using a Mitsubishi FTO around High Speed Ring. High Speed Ring is normally run in the afternoon, but you run in evening time for this test. With the correct line, braking should be minimal. What I do with the front-wheel drive FTO is adjust my throttle input and leave the brakes alone. Learn to adjust throttle inputs to suit the nature of the race track. I consider that my biggest strength in racing (except aggression). Gold is 26.350, but I managed a Silver time of 26.787.

B7 - The Nissan S14 Silvia will be your car as you run the same course. Remember that this is a RWD car, and any monkeyshines committed while using a RWD car will result in spinouts. So handle the car properly and keep all four tires on the road. The time limit was 28 seconds in the previous test, but it's 27 in this one. I pulled a 26.096 in only one run (good for Silver). Gold, however, is 25:750 or better.

B8: - (NOTE: You must clear B1 - B7 before starting this final!) You got a Mazda Eunos Roadster (Miata for most of us others) to race around High Speed Ring in a hotlap. High Speed Ring resembles the legendary Fuji circuit. Fuji (before Herman Tilke f:censored:ed it all up) is classified as a high-speed circuit with some pretty slow sections. It's otherwise a thrill ride to be enjoyed. High Speed Ring has two key sections to nail- the two-turn "S" complex and the final corner. Treat the first corner like it's an oval track. Be sure to use the full outside of the track without going into the grass (like I did in my first pass). The second turn may require some braking if you aren't on a good racing line. The S-Turns complex can be handled either with light braking or careful use of the throttle. I used careful throttle usage in the final corner on the way to a 1:19.678 lap. Gold is 1:19.500. You may use the brakes for about 10% of the lap if you're good. Avoid hard braking here.

Getting your B-License is like graduating from go-kart racing en route to being a world-class race driver. You have some choices to make. You may choose to buy a car and do the Sunday Cup. You may need a better car when you do the drivetrain races in the Special Event races. You'll need for B-License for the following:

--- GT-Sanctioned Events ---
* Sunday Cup - You are a nobody in the GT realm. Here's your chance to be a somebody. A rising star. A potential GT World Champion. Take that first step and make it magical. Consists of three races.

--- Special Events ---
* FF Cars - Only FWD cars are allowed. Most front-drive cars sell for a low price and make pretty decent racing machines. See if your FWD car can meet the challenge. Consists of three races, and you may need either a good car or a nicely-tuned car.

* FR Cars - Hate FWD cars? Teach 'em a lesson with real sports machines- front/RWD machines. Since this is about front/RWD machines, there's no need in buying a mid/RWD car here. There is no races for MR cars (except when GT2 was released and every other subsequent GT). Consists of three races. It is said that the Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X is a great value at 8,100 Credits. Packing 202 horsepower and weighing in at 2,755 lbs., it is a very good car to start with. I think I used the Toyota MA70 Supra GT Turbo Limited. It packs 236 turbo horses from the Inline-6 engine, but comes in at 3,417 lbs. Feel free to experiment.

* 4WD Cars - Pick a 4WD car to help you take home the championship. You may start with the Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT if you loved its capabiltiies in the B-License tests. Four-Wheel drive cars usually have the traction of front-engined cars while also having the acceleration and handling abilities of RWD in one package. Nice as this sounds, the cars are usually heavy thanks in part to all the parts that make 4WD cars work. Thanks to these extra parts, RWD is better preferred. You can still have fun with these cars without too much risk of spinning out and losing races.

* Lightweight - Picking cars for this race can be tricky. Two cars you can start off with are the ones shown in the championship's background picture. A Honda Integra and Mitsubishi FTO are two cars you can use. Both models weigh less than 2,600 lbs. If you lose a race in the championship, make sure to look at the cars entered in the championship to get an idea as to what cars to use. Consists of three races.

--- Other Recommendations ---
* Stay away from Subaru when starting out. Your 10,000 Credits will not be enough to purchase any Subaru in the Subaru lineup.

* Practice your skills often in the B-License tests to be the best GT gamer you can be. I'm a Gran Turismo veteran, so I've established myself time and time again in my races.

Good luck!

High Speed Ring resembles the legendary Fuji circuit. Fuji (before Herman Tilke f:censored:ed it all up) is classified as a high-speed circuit with some pretty slow sections.
The resemblance is mostly in general shape, and the "high speed with a slow section". The default directions are opposite. (In real life, not many race-tracks hold races in the reverse direction). There is no significant banking on the Fuji Circuit. The Fuji turn 1 always was much tighter than HSRii, and there was at Fuji a more pronounced left curve after that, leading up to the "central slow bit". And the final turn of Fuji was not a close flat-out to the degree it is in HSRii (almost part of the finishing straight).

True, on paper, the shapes do look more than coincidentally similar. Perhaps there was a bit of near-plagiarism going on the part of the track design team.

The old Fuji Circuit gained some fame as the track in the Pole Position Arcade Game (and corresponding home versions). I find Pole Position a lot easier now, after playing GT4. :D

. . . P-R-E-P-A-R-E - T-O - Q-U-A-L-I-F-Y . . .

High Speed Ring resembles the legendary Fuji circuit. Fuji (before Herman Tilke fed it all up

How so? :curious:

Well, screwed up Fuji in the sense that he killed some of the fun of high-speed racing around Fuji. I don't want to venture too far off topic here. And yes, the "Namco Circuit" in the Pole Position series is Fuji. The new configuration just takes away the fun of racing the second half of the circuit. The second half was a high-speed run which had changes in radius. It was almost like an oval at the western end of the course. The new Fuji basically killed the high-speed character section and replaced it with a technical section that really takes the fun out of racing this track. Or let me provide you an analogy of Tilke's modifications, Parnelli Bone. It's like taking the Esses at or the backstretch at Road Atlanta... and laying out speed bumps. Not fun. He killed the old Hockenheim and made that just another race track. Same with Fuji. The 90s Fuji was amazing.

I just wanted to provide a little extra with talk about the B-License. So I overhauled there. I love the GT1 and hope that all looking to stick with GT1 enjoy the experience to the fullest. I'm trying this Summer to relieve my GT1 experiences and try to beat the game for the second time. In the short term, I'm simply trying to modify my Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT to be more competitive. There's no win/loss column and no need to win every race in GT1 to clear the game, so you can just take it easy. But once again, I hope you clear the B-License as best as possible. Then look to my A-License help for more assistance! ^_^

In GT1 Simulation Mode, I generated memory cards with acquired licenses and all visible cups won (i.e. all series and enduroes, but not spot races) by day 101 several times. Several times I also stuck to a "Manufacturer theme" each time.

True, I would load over failures and losses sometimes, and often use my own saved "license test starter cards", but I demonstrated that you could find suitable modifications to win the series with the small amounts of money won from earlier series.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/gold
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/platinum
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/hastings
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/nismo
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/fairlady
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/fiji
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/proper
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/nissan
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/supra
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/gt1-mazda

Okay, in two of them (hastings, nismo) I purchased sharked-in cars from other cars as starters. Perhaps particularly bad in the case of the Nismo 400R where I reduced its price from Cr20,000 to Cr8,000 to allow the purchase. In many of the logs I kept on playing (usually experimenting for the next game) and didn't make a clear note of the "100%" completion at day 101, but I'm reasonably sure all the above were completed that way on that day (most of them have a GTI series as the event ending on day 101; I liked to finish that one last).

Actually the notes in http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/nissan indicate that I redid the tests for that game, and only "cheated" (reloaded) once in all 24 license tests. (Getting bronze on first try for all but IA-8).

Well, screwed up Fuji in the sense that he killed some of the fun of high-speed racing around Fuji. I don't want to venture too far off topic here. And yes, the "Namco Circuit" in the Pole Position series is Fuji. The new configuration just takes away the fun of racing the second half of the circuit. The second half was a high-speed run which had changes in radius. It was almost like an oval at the western end of the course. The new Fuji basically killed the high-speed character section and replaced it with a technical section that really takes the fun out of racing this track. Or let me provide you an analogy of Tilke's modifications, Parnelli Bone. It's like taking the Esses at or the backstretch at Road Atlanta... and laying out speed bumps. Not fun. He killed the old Hockenheim and made that just another race track. Same with Fuji. The 90s Fuji was amazing.

I must admit I'm missing all the banked portions of HS Ring in GT4 whenever I race at Fuji 👎

Last edited:
B3: - You are using a Honda del Sol around the first corner of Deep Forest. This is a front-wheel drive car, meaning that you get to handle corners better without the threat of spinning out like with a RWD car. The negative to FWD in racing is that you run the risk of having understeer in corners if not careful. This means that you don't get as much front traction when heading into corners. Road Racing 101 shows that you follow the racing line if you are unsure of where to go on the race track. Follow the dark part of the roadway. You don't want to just dart out to the right. You want to maintain your speed while heading right. The best point to apply the brakes is to apply them at about the 25m mark or heading into the 25m mark. If you can slide into the corner without losing too much speed, you'll do just fine heading up the hill.

Sorry to be anal-retentive here, but isn't the Honda del Sol a rear-wheel drive car? The del Sol is classified as a mid-engined, rear-wheel drive car in the American version, I think. Unless there is a seperate Canadian version?

Good tips, though. They got me within 1/100th of a second to Gold!

EDIT: I am humiliated! Thank you, Parnelli Bone, for helping me see the error of my ways... I guess I was thinking of the LM car.

Sorry to be anal-retentive here, but isn't the Honda del Sol a rear-wheel drive car? The del Sol is classified as a mid-engined, rear-wheel drive car in the American version, I think. Unless there is a seperate Canadian version?

Good tips, though. They got me within 1/100th of a second to Gold!

You are very wrong. The del Sol is front drive. Go look it up on wikipedia. Or supercars.net Or Honda-racing.com anywhere! You must be thinking of the NSX.

Anyways, congrats on your near-gold. This is the hardest B-test, for sure.:guilty:

Back