Ligier Nissan DPi Tequila Patron ESM 2017

Chile
Chile
cristobal458
FhGEZNl.png
Ligier Nissan DPi Tequila Patron ESM '17
FhGEZNl.png

TUMU9kI.jpg

The Ligier Nissan DPi is a derivative of the Ligier JS P217 complying with the Daytona Prototype International category (DPi) regulations set up by the IMSA. It is dedicated exclusively to the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

In partnership with Nissan and Nismo, Ligier Automotive conceived for the Tequila Patron ESM team the Ligier Nissan DPi powered by the 3.8-litre twin turbo engine from the GT-R Nismo GT3. In parallel to the modifications required for the installation of the engine, special bodywork was also created.

Nissan engine customer team ESM showed impressive pace in its debut at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, with the team scoring fourth and seventh place finishes in the opening round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

While the team got both cars to the checkered flag, the potential for an even stronger result was clearly demonstrated during the night hours of the race, which was hindered by heavy rain.

Brendon Hartley charged the No. 22 car into the race lead during the night hours. However, on his out lap, a GT car made contact with the Nissan Onroak Dpi, putting the car into the wall.

Quick work by the ESM crew got them back into the race, but Hartley, Ed Brown, Johannes van Overbeek and Bruno Senna had to settle for a seventh place finish – 23 laps down on the leaders.

The No. 2 car – of Pipo Derani, Ryan Dalziel and Scott Sharp – ran a strong race, but it just finished off the podium in fourth place in the debut of the new Daytona Prototype International premier class in the IMSA series.

"We are all very happy to finish this race," said Derani. "The fourth place comes with a small taste of victory for us, considering our product is very new. To be able to finish this race is more than we could possibly imagine yesterday, or even a few days ago. For the first race of the new Nissan Onroak DPi, I am very proud of the team, of Nissan and everyone involved. I wanted to thank them all for their great support, and we look forward to getting better from here and on to Sebring."

SPECIFICATIONS

OVERVIEW

• Manufacturer: Nissan
• Year: 2017
• Type: Race
• Division: Gr.1

ENGINE
• Engine: V6 from GT-R Nismo GT3
• Power: 599 HP / 6500 rpm
• Torque: --- Nm / --- rpm
• Engine location: Mid
• Displacement: 3799 cc
• Valvetrain: 4 valves per cylinder
• Fuel feed: Direct fuel injection
• Aspiration: Twin Turbo

PERFORMANCE
• 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) Time: Unknown
• Top Speed: Unknown
• Power-to-weight ratio: 0.64 hp/kg

DRIVETRAIN
• Chassis: Monocoque carbon HP Composites
• Drive: Rear wheel drive
• Gearbox: Hewland TLS-200 six-speed sequential gearbox with magnesium casing specific to the Ligier JS P217
SUSPENSION
• Suspension: Double wishbones, pushrod and torque rods at the front and spring at the rear, 4 ways latest generation of dampers, axles with automatic security system and high quality wheel nuts

BRAKES
• Brakes: Master cylinder, 6-piston callipers, front and rear carbon discs: Ø 15''

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
• Lenght: 4745 mm
• Width: 1900 mm
• Height: --- mm
• Wheelbase: 3010 mm
• Weight: 930 kg
D70jdjy.jpg

370V0AR.png

320px-IMSA_SportsCar_Championship_logo.svg.png

Last edited:
How does this:
Nissan Onroak DPi (Extreme Speed Motorsports) '17
Fit this:
Race Cars
Spec series or control car, to be used as base model: [Make] [Model] [Series] [Year]
Example: [Spark-Renault] [SRT01E] [Formula E] [2014] = Spark-Renault SRT01E Formula E 2014

Specific racing model: [[Make] [Model] OR [[Chassis] [Engine]] [Series/Level if applicable] [Team] [Number/Drivers if applicable] [Year]
Example: [McLaren] [MP4/8] [Lamborghini] [1993] = McLaren MP4/8 Lamborghini 1993
Example: [Peugeot] [306 Cosworth] [BTRDA Rally Car] [#9 Andy Burton] [2011] = Peugeot 306 Cosworth BTRDA Rally Car #9 Andy Burton 2011
Example: [Toyota] [Avensis] [BTCC] [Handy Motorsport] [#11 Simon Belcher] [2014] = Toyota Avensis BTCC Handy Motorsport #11 Simon Belcher 2014
Is this an Onroak model of car made by Nissan? If not, the title isn't right - and the bit in parentheses shouldn't be in parentheses either.

I'm confused as to whether this is LMP1 or LMP2 equivalents. I mean, it's got the horsepower of a non-hybrid LMP1 but I'm not sure about the weight or the speed.

I'm confused as to whether this is LMP1 or LMP2 equivalents. I mean, it's got the horsepower of a non-hybrid LMP1 but I'm not sure about the weight or the speed.

This car is not an LMP1 or LMP2. It is part of a category called Daytona Prototype International (DPi), and each car is built from the chassis of an LMP2. This category will be replaced by a class known as Le Mans Daytona h (LMDh) and will be able compete in WEC and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2022.

Here is the list of DPi cars
Acura ARX-05 (based on Oreca 07 chassis)
Cadillac DPi-V.R (based on Dallara P217 chassis)
Mazda RT24-P (based on Riley-Multimatic MkXXX chassis)
Ligier Nissan DPi (based on Ligier JS P217 chassis)

Last edited:
Back