Liscese A is IMPOSSIBLE!

• Thread starter Nicknam4
  • 30 comments
HELP ME! I CAN"T GET PAST THIS! All I can get is the cornering 1 and 2. HOW DO I GET THE REST! HELP! on cornering 3 i always get 44 something! I once got 44.005! THIS is IMPOSSIBLE! HOW DO YOU DO THIS?! I can't do any of the others!

The A-Licenses CAN'T be impossible. If it was impossible, I wouldn't have beaten Gran Turismo 1 (still remains the only GT I've cleared). Now on to helping you.

First bit of advice- CALM DOWN!!! I'll have to go on the demo videos for me to see what you're talking about. Let me try to explain as best as I can by using the Demonstration files on the PS1 disc.

--- A-Class License Tests ---
1. Practical Cornering 1
2. Practical Cornering 2
3. Practical Cornering 3
4. Handling Multiple Corners 1
5. Handling Multiple Corners 2
6. Handling Multiple Corners 3
7. Advanced Techniques
8. A-Class License Final Test

A1: You are in a Toyota Supra RZ trying to take on the southern section of Deep Forest. Here's a bit of advice from me to you. You should be able to navigate the final corner of the full course by simply letting off the throttle to take the turn rather than brake. I usually don't have to brake heading into that corner unless I'm in a car that has poor handling characteristics.

A2: You're using the same wonderful car from A1 in A2 on my least favorite track in GT1- Autumn Ring Full Course. The advice I can give you is that you must have a great line heading to the first corner. The first corner comes quick, so make sure you have her lined up out of that corner. Keep a steady and fast line heading into that dreaded first corner of the full course (one reason why I hate the course). What you want to do is brake hard heading as soon as your car closes in on the curbing to your left. After hard braking, try to power out of the turn as best as possible. You are using a rear-wheel drive car. I was scared of RWD when I first raced in Gran Turismo. Just make sure not to oversteer. You oversteer and hit something or go off course- you fail.

A3: You are using a Mazda RX-7 Type RZ. You are racing on Grand Valley Speedway's full course after the super-slow chicane. This is a great test if you're an aggressive driver. The key is to watch your speed heading onto the front stretch and in taking the subsequent kink afterwards. The demo driver was running at about 140 mph before braking hard into the corner. The first corner of Grand Valley is kind of like the first corner of Autumn Hill's full course. You have this hairpin turn that you really need to practice to take it properly. When you've gathered enough speed into that hairpin, brake very hard and try to powerslide through the turn without spinning out or understeering your way into the gravel. Practice this corner in Time Trials to better prepare yourself.

A4:It's the first test with a Skyline. You excited? Well, can the excitement because this test is no fun. Here's a hint- this is the EXACT same License Test as the B-License Final in Gran Turismo 3 and perhaps the same in other GTs. You're using the same car from those other GTs for this test. First, you need to set a proper line heading into the tunnel. Try to pick a line which you can maintain your speed without smacking a wall. REALLY good racers can be able to have enough speed that the brakes won't have to be used heading into the tunnel. Treat the next corner like a turn on a rally course. You're in a 4WD car, so drift that Skyline into the corner and stay composed. The next two sections should be attainable without having much in the way of practical driving. Perhaps the key section you want to nail is the sweeping corner leading to the fastest section on the track. You are not out of bounds if you drive through the yellow diagonal lines painted on the road. As a hint from me to you, if you master this part of the track, you are about 33% ready for racing this course later on. You will have to race a full lap around Trial Mountain when you get to the International-A tests.

A5: Halfway home. You will be using a Honda Prelude Type SH and racing Grand Valley after the second hairpin. Try to balance throttle input heading into each corner. The only time you'll need to really use the brakes is the final corner. Take a smooth line going through the tunnel. As a trick for faster times heading out of the tunnel (you'll need to be crafty), instead of going in that sweeping right direction coming out of the tunnel, just stay straight. You may shave off a few hundredths to even a tenth if you don't hit the left side of the gate or veer off into the grass before crossing the line.

A6: Test A6 has you in the most affordable mid-engined car in Gran Turismo. You got the Toyota MR2 GTS going around Deep Forest. This section reminds me of two tests in Gran Turismo 3 where you use an MR-S and then a Subaru Impreza Rally Car around this same section. Here's what you do. Deep Forest is essentially a road course with rally elements. Here, you face a series of S-turns. You must try not to go too fast in any one section of the course except for heading out of the tunnel. Pick a line that allows you to keep a steady speed without flirting with the thought of flying off the track. You may need to view the Demonstration video for A6 if you need more help. Study the video and try to drive as best as possible as you've learned from the Demo video.

A7: Believe it or not, this is actually the easiest and most fun license test in the A-Class. You are using a Subaru Impreza around a portion of the front stretch of Grand Valley Speedway. You need to make five laps in this section of track that lasts about 100 meters. I say it's easy because cat can be easy to get gold as long as you can keep a consistent pace around this super-short section. It can almost be a slalom if you handle the Subaru properly. Don't treat the two corners like they are hairpins. Instead, treat them like they are smooth 180-degree corners. All it takes is a good racing line. Once the line is established, stick with it. Don't modify it, don't experiment one lap, just keep a consistent line. It's very easy to get gold (or at least silver) if you know what you're doing.

A8: (NOTE: You must clear tests A1-A7 before attempting this test The A-License final has you with a Toyota Supra RZ. This one absolutely scared me when I was a Gran Turismo rookie. Now that I'm a semi-established veteran of the Gran Turismo series, this is not much of a sweat. The test starts outside of the super-slow chicane of the Grand Valley full course and winds its way into the second hairpin. Remember to keep a smooth line through the first two corners. Remember how to attack the first hairpin? Practice the A3 License Test with the Mazda to know how to attack this corner. After clearing that hairpin, blast down the rest of the track until you come across a left-right-left complex. Braking is not required heading into the left-right part of the three-turn complex. The second left turn may require light braking if you're going in too fast. The second hairpin is a bit easier than the first because you're heading downhill facing the hairpin. But it is tougher to clear because you have so much speed in your turboed-up Supra (and I love the MKIV Supra). Try to brake at the 50m mark and brake hard. Try to master powersliding to get better exit speed out of the hairpin.

With all of this: that A-License is yours! You can get to enjoy racing the following series with an A-Grade License:

--- Official GT Events ---
* Clubman Cup - step up from the Sunday Cup using more technical courses. 3 races.
* Gran Turismo Cup - bring a capable car because you'll be racing longer races on tougher tracks. 4 races.

--- Special Events ---
* US vs. Japan - Take it to the Corvette with your NSX! Take it to the Skylines with your Viper! A battle between countries divided by the Pacific Ocean. American and Japanese cars only. Racing models allowed. 5 races.

* Japan vs. UK - Think your tuned-up Supra can outpace a TVR Griffith 500? Want an easy win in your DB7 (either one in the game) against something like an RX-7? Bring it! Japanese and British cars only. 5 races.

* US vs. UK - Maybe the best matchup in the game. Which country makes better cars- America or the United Kingdom? Take a side and try to pound your opposition to the ground! American and British cars only. 5 Races.

* Megaspeed Cup - My personal favorite series. Bring a high-powered and very fast car to this one. This is not for grocery getters. Bring the high-speed pain to five other jive turkeys ready to be "pwn3d" by your hot sports car. 3 races.

* Normal Car World Speed Contest - it's run what 'cha brung. Just make sure it's not heavily modified. Only as long as you don't have irreversible modifications (for example, Port and Polish or Weight Reduction), any non-racing car is legal. You may want to bring a car that's very capable even without modifications. 5 races.

See? The A-License is not impossible. Just wait until the IA-License tests. If you think the A-License tests are greatly unfair, wait until the IA tests because all eight IA tests are one-lap time trials in either of two true sports cars. Knock them down, Nicknam4! You dig?

HELP ME! I CAN"T GET PAST THIS! All I can get is the cornering 1 and 2. HOW DO I GET THE REST! HELP! on cornering 3 i always get 44 something! I once got 44.005! THIS is IMPOSSIBLE! HOW DO YOU DO THIS?! I can't do any of the others!

Nicknam4

You are new here so I'm politely letting you know this in thread rather than a more formal warning.

Do not try and get around the swear-filter, here at GTP the use of asterisk's is not an acceptable substitute.

Now in regard to the licence test, as John has quite correctly said, no it's not impossible, it just requires a lot of patience and practise. After all if you could finish them all first time out it wouldn't be a test of skill, would it?

Regards

Scaff

It is NOT impossible. I did it, and compared to these people, I suck. One hint is to look at the replays in the replay theater. In GT2 it shows when the cars accelerate and brake, but I don't think it does in GT1. However, you should still find it very helpful, and may be able to learn from the engine noises.

Ok, I just finished all of the except the 4th. I got a silver in the advanced techniques on the first try and multiple curves 2 on my 1st try and the multiple corners 3 on my 3rd try.

I accelerate off the starting line and go through the tunnel curve without braking or any problem. Then comes the second one. This is what I have the most trouble with. What I do here is I wait till I pass the big chunk bush on the left, then release the X button, then turning as hard as I can. Holding X once I have the turn in control. I usually smack in the wall to the left. Then the next one is easy for me, and so is the yellow line one. Although every once in a while I skid across the right wall. I Try to not get below 60 MPH whatever happens. Am I doing this all right? Should I try as hard as I can to absolutely Turn the 2nd turn without hitting the wall no matter what? On this track My lowest is 39.286 Seconds, my highest is 41.345. I usually get around 39.438-40.102

The A-Licenses CAN'T be impossible. If it was impossible, I wouldn't have beaten Gran Turismo 1 (still remains the only GT I've cleared). Now on to helping you.

First bit of advice- CALM DOWN!!! I'll have to go on the demo videos for me to see what you're talking about. Let me try to explain as best as I can by using the Demonstration files on the PS1 disc.

--- A-Class License Tests ---
1. Practical Cornering 1
2. Practical Cornering 2
3. Practical Cornering 3
4. Handling Multiple Corners 1
5. Handling Multiple Corners 2
6. Handling Multiple Corners 3
7. Advanced Techniques
8. A-Class License Final Test

A1: You are in a Toyota Supra RZ trying to take on the southern section of Deep Forest. Here's a bit of advice from me to you. You should be able to navigate the final corner of the full course by simply letting off the throttle to take the turn rather than brake. I usually don't have to brake heading into that corner unless I'm in a car that has poor handling characteristics.

A2: You're using the same wonderful car from A1 in A2 on my least favorite track in GT1- Autumn Ring Full Course. The advice I can give you is that you must have a great line heading to the first corner. The first corner comes quick, so make sure you have her lined up out of that corner. Keep a steady and fast line heading into that dreaded first corner of the full course (one reason why I hate the course). What you want to do is brake hard heading as soon as your car closes in on the curbing to your left. After hard braking, try to power out of the turn as best as possible. You are using a rear-wheel drive car. I was scared of RWD when I first raced in Gran Turismo. Just make sure not to oversteer. You oversteer and hit something or go off course- you fail.

A3: You are using a Mazda RX-7 Type RZ. You are racing on Grand Valley Speedway's full course after the super-slow chicane. This is a great test if you're an aggressive driver. The key is to watch your speed heading onto the front stretch and in taking the subsequent kink afterwards. The demo driver was running at about 140 mph before braking hard into the corner. The first corner of Grand Valley is kind of like the first corner of Autumn Hill's full course. You have this hairpin turn that you really need to practice to take it properly. When you've gathered enough speed into that hairpin, brake very hard and try to powerslide through the turn without spinning out or understeering your way into the gravel. Practice this corner in Time Trials to better prepare yourself.

A4:It's the first test with a Skyline. You excited? Well, can the excitement because this test is no fun. Here's a hint- this is the EXACT same License Test as the B-License Final in Gran Turismo 3 and perhaps the same in other GTs. You're using the same car from those other GTs for this test. First, you need to set a proper line heading into the tunnel. Try to pick a line which you can maintain your speed without smacking a wall. REALLY good racers can be able to have enough speed that the brakes won't have to be used heading into the tunnel. Treat the next corner like a turn on a rally course. You're in a 4WD car, so drift that Skyline into the corner and stay composed. The next two sections should be attainable without having much in the way of practical driving. Perhaps the key section you want to nail is the sweeping corner leading to the fastest section on the track. You are not out of bounds if you drive through the yellow diagonal lines painted on the road. As a hint from me to you, if you master this part of the track, you are about 33% ready for racing this course later on. You will have to race a full lap around Trial Mountain when you get to the International-A tests.

A5: Halfway home. You will be using a Honda Prelude Type SH and racing Grand Valley after the second hairpin. Try to balance throttle input heading into each corner. The only time you'll need to really use the brakes is the final corner. Take a smooth line going through the tunnel. As a trick for faster times heading out of the tunnel (you'll need to be crafty), instead of going in that sweeping right direction coming out of the tunnel, just stay straight. You may shave off a few hundredths to even a tenth if you don't hit the left side of the gate or veer off into the grass before crossing the line.

A6: Test A6 has you in the most affordable mid-engined car in Gran Turismo. You got the Toyota MR2 GTS going around Deep Forest. This section reminds me of two tests in Gran Turismo 3 where you use an MR-S and then a Subaru Impreza Rally Car around this same section. Here's what you do. Deep Forest is essentially a road course with rally elements. Here, you face a series of S-turns. You must try not to go too fast in any one section of the course except for heading out of the tunnel. Pick a line that allows you to keep a steady speed without flirting with the thought of flying off the track. You may need to view the Demonstration video for A6 if you need more help. Study the video and try to drive as best as possible as you've learned from the Demo video.

A7: Believe it or not, this is actually the easiest and most fun license test in the A-Class. You are using a Subaru Impreza around a portion of the front stretch of Grand Valley Speedway. You need to make five laps in this section of track that lasts about 100 meters. I say it's easy because cat can be easy to get gold as long as you can keep a consistent pace around this super-short section. It can almost be a slalom if you handle the Subaru properly. Don't treat the two corners like they are hairpins. Instead, treat them like they are smooth 180-degree corners. All it takes is a good racing line. Once the line is established, stick with it. Don't modify it, don't experiment one lap, just keep a consistent line. It's very easy to get gold (or at least silver) if you know what you're doing.

A8: (NOTE: You must clear tests A1-A7 before attempting this test The A-License final has you with a Toyota Supra RZ. This one absolutely scared me when I was a Gran Turismo rookie. Now that I'm a semi-established veteran of the Gran Turismo series, this is not much of a sweat. The test starts outside of the super-slow chicane of the Grand Valley full course and winds its way into the second hairpin. Remember to keep a smooth line through the first two corners. Remember how to attack the first hairpin? Practice the A3 License Test with the Mazda to know how to attack this corner. After clearing that hairpin, blast down the rest of the track until you come across a left-right-left complex. Braking is not required heading into the left-right part of the three-turn complex. The second left turn may require light braking if you're going in too fast. The second hairpin is a bit easier than the first because you're heading downhill facing the hairpin. But it is tougher to clear because you have so much speed in your turboed-up Supra (and I love the MKIV Supra). Try to brake at the 50m mark and brake hard. Try to master powersliding to get better exit speed out of the hairpin.

With all of this: that A-License is yours! You can get to enjoy racing the following series with an A-Grade License:

--- Official GT Events ---
  • Clubman Cup - step up from the Sunday Cup using more technical courses. 3 races.
  • Gran Turismo Cup - bring a capable car because you'll be racing longer races on tougher tracks. 4 races.

--- Special Events ---
* US vs. Japan - Take it to the Corvette with your NSX! Take it to the Skylines with your Viper! A battle between countries divided by the Pacific Ocean. American and Japanese cars only. Racing models allowed. 5 races.

* Japan vs. UK - Think your tuned-up Supra can outpace a TVR Griffith 500? Want an easy win in your DB7 (either one in the game) against something like an RX-7? Bring it! Japanese and British cars only. 5 races.

* US vs. UK - Maybe the best matchup in the game. Which country makes better cars- America or the United Kingdom? Take a side and try to pound your opposition to the ground! American and British cars only. 5 Races.

* Megaspeed Cup - My personal favorite series. Bring a high-powered and very fast car to this one. This is not for grocery getters. Bring the high-speed pain to five other jive turkeys ready to be "pwn3d" by your hot sports car. 3 races.

* Normal Car World Speed Contest - it's run what 'cha brung. Just make sure it's not heavily modified. Only as long as you don't have irreversible modifications (for example, Port and Polish or Weight Reduction), any non-racing car is legal. You may want to bring a car that's very capable even without modifications. 5 races.

See? The A-License is not impossible. Just wait until the IA-License tests. If you think the A-License tests are greatly unfair, wait until the IA tests because all eight IA tests are one-lap time trials in either of two true sports cars. Knock them down, Nicknam4! You dig?

Wow, did you just write all this offhand? I'm impressed. 👍

Ok, I just finished all of the except the 4th. I got a silver in the advanced techniques on the first try and multiple curves 2 on my 1st try and the multiple corners 3 on my 3rd try.

I accelerate off the starting line and go through the tunnel curve without braking or any problem. Then comes the second one. This is what I have the most trouble with. What I do here is I wait till I pass the big chunk bush on the left, then release the X button, then turning as hard as I can. Holding X once I have the turn in control. I usually smack in the wall to the left. Then the next one is easy for me, and so is the yellow line one. Although every once in a while I skid across the right wall. I Try to not get below 60 MPH whatever happens. Am I doing this all right? Should I try as hard as I can to absolutely Turn the 2nd turn without hitting the wall no matter what? On this track My lowest is 39.286 Seconds, my highest is 41.345. I usually get around 39.438-40.102

Yes you shouldn't be hitting any walls...that's usually an instant "fail" for this particular test. I would say check the demo to find what speed you should be going. It's kind of a pain--you have to go back to the start screen (where it says "Arcade" "Simulation" etc.) and go into the "demonstration" area. This is where all your replays can be viewed and it's also where you can watch all the tests and get some clues as how to approach them.

I would also advise you switch from using X and [] (gas and brakes) to full-analog. You get better control with speed and brakes by using the mushroom stick and will have more success with GT in the long run. To switch your controls, you have to go from the Start screen again to the "options" screen.

Last edited:
Wow, did you just write all this offhand? I'm impressed. 👍

Yes you shouldn't be hitting any walls...that's usually an instant "fail" for this particular test. I would say check the demo to find what speed you should be going. It's kind of a pain--you have to go back to the start screen (where it says "Arcade" "Simulation" etc.) and go into the "demonstration" area. This is where all your replays can be viewed and it's also where you can watch all the tests and get some clues as how to approach them.

i would also advise you switch from using X and [] (gas and brakes) to full-analog. You get better control with speed and brakes by using the mushroom stick and will have more sucess with GT in the long run. To switch your controls, you have to go from the Start screen again to the "options" screen.

Thank you SO much! I got 38.376 on my first try after watching the demonstration!

Thank you SO much! I got 38.376 on my first try after watching the demonstration!

Very cool! Now....license IA! Make sure to get plenty of racing done (and get to know the tracks) before tackling some of these since you'll have to do some full-course tests. Just wait till you get to the TVR at Route 11! :ill:

Very cool! Now....license IA! Make sure to get plenty of racing done (and get to know the tracks) before tackling some of these since you'll have to do some full-course tests. Just wait till you get to the TVR at Route 11! :ill:

I didn't finish the final test yet. I'm having trouble with the last sandy turn in it.

Hint: Stay out of the sand. :P

IIRC, it can be difficult to get the car stabilized for braking after the preceding high-speed corners. I recall you want to brake carefully, but enter a little deep, so that you apex late. I.e. rather than trying to smoothly follow a semi-circle around the turn. That gives you better acceleration for the final little straight.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2001-10-12.html

Here is a little more advice I can share with you. You can actually have fun with the driving physics in this game compared to subsequent GT titles. I still envision myself aggressively powersliding around the confines of Special Stage Route 11 in my 930hp Mitsbushi GTO/3000GT. You can really have fun with the cars if you're talented enough. Just remember that you still must drive professionally in the License Tests. All that walkthrough I've performed in my first post to this thread was simply by watching the demo videos. I watched the demo videos and provided a simple synopsis of everything.

Let me tell you a GT1 story of mine. When I was horribly inexperienced in GT, I looked to try to perfect my driving with the RWD machinery in the International A tests. You use either a Dodge Viper GTS (still haven't seen a GT that featured the beautiful combo of blue with white stripes for the Viper since GT1) or the lovely TVR Griffith. I drove conservatively with both cars. Yeah, imagine saying "drive conservatively" in regards to the Viper! But, learning RWD in GT1 is simply about experience. I had to learn not to accelerate too quickly in a corner. I've been learning most of my lessons in using both cars. I think you may have an easier time with the Viper than the TVRs. Those TVR models take some skill and craftsmanship to control properly around a race track. I had to keep perfecting my driving skills to eventually do much better in license tests. Just try your best and learn the cars. Then learn the tracks. Then win on all eight courses en route to your IA-License. If you still struggle with RWD in GT1, then you may want to stay away from some of the bigger races like the nationality events (USA vs. Japan, Japan vs. UK, USA vs. UK) and all three endurance races. Maybe one of my most memorable moments in GT1 was when I did either USA vs. Japan or USA vs. UK. I had a Camaro Z28 with the yellow/red Racing Modification. Funny enough, I'd go up against two other Camaros done up the same way as mine! Even with my inexperience using my Camaro, I think I was the highest-placed Camaro once the championship was over. Didn't win the cup, though. Make sure you learn your car and the tracks you race to become a champion. My personal worst car in GT1 was the Honda Del Sol race car with a mid/RWD drivetrain (hate at will).

The point of all of this is that you should know your car as well as knowing the tracks to win. Make the most of each race to improve your talent and better modify your car to be a Gran Tusrimo champion.

I think Nicknam4 must have passed by now, and is now enjoying the pleasure of repeatedly entering XXvsYY series several times with a particular car, to allow him to finance another car, to enter several times again to finance yet another car. And so on, so on, so forth.

Or perhaps he's even mastered the Normal Series money-making machine.

Hey guys I just finished A Yesterday (I stopped playing about at my last post) I decided to try again and I got it on my first try. :) I already got 3 IA's done.

Hey guys I just finished A Yesterday (I stopped playing about at my last post) I decided to try again and I got it on my first try. :) I already got 3 IA's done.

Good stuff mate. I spent an hour solid doing IA licence. I've had the game 9 years and I have got further in 4 days than I have in the whole 9 years of owning the game lol. I have two more events left, then I can move onto GT2.

You must be careful as not to go too far but take your car rite to the limit so 2 wheels are actually on the grass and the trick is to break b4 the corner and then accelrate rather that breaking while going around the corner...
...Good luck!

It took me 6 months to get all the licences when i first got gt1, and i wasnt even used to the controller. I went straight from the Atari 2600, to a sony 1. lol. But i have finished gt 1,2,3 & 4 so i guess there is hope for all. Practice makes perfect!

It took me 6 months to get all the licences when i first got gt1, and i wasnt even used to the controller. I went straight from the Atari 2600, to a sony 1. lol. But i have finished gt 1,2,3 & 4 so i guess there is hope for all. Practice makes perfect!

Atari 2600 straight to PS1? I agree! :D I had the original Nintendo in between, but that was just a diversion to keep me occupied for a couple years. 💡

HIJACK!!

Well, since I don't have GT2 or any other games/systems at the moment, I'm working on getting all golds in GT1 license tests. Basically... halp.

Jon., you're advice is great. I'll try it later. But I need help with the other two licenses to. Thank you. And, if anyone wants to give me a copy of GT2, or if they're feeling generous, a next-gen Sony or MicroSoft console and racing games, I'd appreciate it. I'm not going to get my hopes up, though.

There ia a way to cheat the license tests in GT1 (PAL) if you have an old PS1 demo disc with GT1 demo on it.
Load the GT1 demo, start a race, then swap the demo disc over with your GT1 disc and go to the license test. You will note there are no times shown in the slots for Gold, Silver or Bronze. Pass the test with a Bronze time and it will award you the Gold pass. Pass all tests and you win the prize car.
Good way of Getting the four Skylines in red, yellow, grey and silver.

That's right, make sure you do things the easy way! That'll make you great at this game we promise. (not)

Last edited:
I want demo disc :)

But seriously, can I have some advice please? I want to get skillz.

Also, can you get more than one prize car?

I want demo disc :)

But seriously, can I have some advice please? I want to get skillz.

Also, can you get more than one prize car?

Best advice is to practice. You will get there in the end.
The Nismo 400R prize car is available in four different colours. You need more than 1 memory card to save the four cars to one game save however.

that's right, make sure you do things the easy way! That'll make you great at this game we promise. (not)

It is hard to know if I Parnelli is replying to my post or some one elses. Parnelli, if you are having a go at me then please note that I was passing on some info I found out about the game years ago. I found this out long after I had golded all the tests in GT1. Used it to get all four prize color Nismo 400R.
That is not really doing things the easy way after having completed all the game many times. It is exploring the game beyond its set parameters.

It also allows you to open cars you normally dont get in the PAL version.

It is hard to know if I Parnelli is replying to my post or some one elses. Parnelli, if you are having a go at me then please note that I was passing on some info I found out about the game years ago. I found this out long after I had golded all the tests in GT1. Used it to get all four prize color Nismo 400R.
That is not really doing things the easy way after having completed all the game many times. It is exploring the game beyond its set parameters.

It also allows you to open cars you normally dont get in the PAL version.

oh alrite... :guilty:

Like what?

As Harry said, the best way to get "skillz" is a lot of practice & knowledge of how GT1 physics work. Some cars in GT1 handle waaaay different than they do in GT2 or 3 or 4...the RX7 Infini III is a great example. A general love of cars helps, too...don't just try one car, try a bunch! See which ones work for you and stuff....

Last edited:
I rember the test this thread is talking about, it was in Deepforest and you have to get under 44 seconds. I rember it took me ages, then when I finally passed it, I got a time of 43:999!

I completed A licence in about 10 - 15 mins yesterday, for the first time in 10 years.

It was a great feeling, now going to start again and gold all the licences !!

I cannot for the life of me get gold on A-1!

It's seriously pissing me off. '32.400 you need, and at the moment, my current closest is '32.460 and my last few goes I'm between '32.500-32.600. I'm beginning to think it's impossible!

Back