List of cars with Gitched Instruments (gauges)

• Thread starter HuskyGT
  • 93 comments
United States
Utah
As the title says: This will be a list with cars with glitched instruments. Hopefully PD will see this and fix them for us who prefer Cockpit View with no HUD.

So far I've encountered a couple:

- BMW M5. The Windshield HUD reads a completely random speed. It's not a big deal since it's barely visible, but if they went through the hassle of adding it, it should be correct.

- Ford Shelby GT500. Speedometer reads in Kilometers per hour, when it's in miles per hour. A common problem in other cars in GT5, like the Viper ACR, which was fixed thankfully.

- Ferrari 288 GTO. Tach doesn't go passed 1000RPM. Not sure if Speedometer works (need confirmation).

- Ferrari 365 GTB. Switched gauges.

- Nissan Skyline GT-R R34. Non working fuel gauge. I think in this case it would be easier to mention which cars do have a working fuel gauge. As I remember in GT5, there were only a few. This is much needed for people who don't use HUD and are doing long races.

- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C3. Same as in GT5. Classic problem were speedometer counts in Metric system when it should be Imperial.

- Bugatti Veyron (both). Power gauge not working at all. This is one of the most interesting features about the Veyron and it should work.

- Ferrari F430. No Tach needle and gear indicator at all. (can someone confirm with a pic? This sounds really messed up. Don't have enough Cr. to spend on this car.)

- Civic Type R. Fuel gauge not working.

- Suzuki SX4 Pikes Peak. Showing 500Kmh when hitting 200.

- Lotus Elise 111R. Speedometer maxes out at 100MPH - 160km/h. Will check later today what's going on. This car worked well in GT5.

- Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Gear indicator only showing reverse. Blacked out in any other gear.

- Aston Martin One-77. Gear indicator not working at all. Digital speedometer not working either.

- Dodge Viper SRT/10. Shift light not working. If they bothered to add it in the Alfa Romeo TZ3, then why not in the Vipers, if they have the same basic instrument clusters? This is actually very helpful. This shows inconsistency.

- Dodge Viper ACR. Shift light not working. Same thing as with the regular SRT/10.

I know about at least two Ferrari's that have the same problem. I haven't checked myself, but I would appreciate that someone confirms the models. Nevermind. Thanks for the info.

NOTE: This isn't a thread to discuss which view is better. If you like bumper view or whatever, take your opinions to the "Preferred View" thread.

Will be adding more as we all find them.

EDIT: Here's a list of the ones that were FIXED so far:

- Ferrari Daytona 365 GTB/4. Fixed in patch 1.02. Gauges no longer reversed.

- Dodge Viper SRT/10 ACR. No longer reading in Metric like it did in GT5.

- Ferrari 288 GTO. Gauges finally working as of 1.04.

- Ferrari F430. Finally has needles. Digital Cluster working now. As of 1.04.

Last edited:
Ferrari 365 - its RPM needle moves like the Speedo's should, and vice versa. They are in their respectful places, but each moves as the other should.

I think Mclaren F1 GTR Kokusai `95 should have its lcd lit up all the time, not only at night, otherwise its useless...

Well, I guess that's the issue with the darkened cockpit view. Many cars are completely useless due to this in daylight, so there is no option but to turn the HUD on. It's a separate issue, but it needs to be fixed nonetheless.

As the title says: This will be a list with cars with glitched instruments. Hopefully PD will see this and fix them for us who prefer Cockpit View with no HUD.

So far I've encountered a couple:

- BMW M5. The Windshield HUD reads a completely random speed. It's not a big deal since it's barely visible, but if they went through the hassle of adding it, it should be correct.

- Ford Shelby GT500. Speedometer reads in Kilometers per hour, when it's in miles per hour. A common problem in other cars in GT5, like the Viper ACR, which was fixed thankfully.

- Ferrari 288 GTO. Tach doesn't go passed 1000RPM. Not sure if Speedometer works (need confirmation).

- Ferrari 365 GTB. Switched gauges. Apparently fixed in Patch 1.02.

I know about at least two Ferrari's that have the same problem. I haven't checked myself, but I would appreciate that someone confirms the models. Nevermind. Thanks for the info.

NOTE: This isn't a thread to discuss which view is better. If you like bumper view or whatever, take your opinions to the "Preferred View" thread.

Will be adding more as I find them.
If I do recall correctly, isn't there a corvette with a windshield HUD? I believe the z06 but I could be wrong... I wonder how they messed up...

And I'm also unsure of the 4.2/5.2 r8 which have a digital speedo in the middle. Is it present or not? The TTRs or TTS also have these..

I`m pretty sure my C9 has a slightly twisted rev counter.

It's probably that way in real life as the Jaguar XJR-9 has a rotated rev counter in GT6 as well. I have no idea why they're that way - perhaps someone who more about Group C race cars could inform us?

EDIT: Looking more closely at the C9's tachometer, it seems the redline is at 12 o'clock. I was thinking it was something along those lines.

If I do recall correctly, isn't there a corvette with a windshield HUD? I believe the z06 but I could be wrong... I wonder how they messed up...

And I'm also unsure of the 4.2/5.2 r8 which have a digital speedo in the middle. Is it present or not? The TTRs or TTS also have these..

Yes. I know for a fact that the Corvette (since the C5 Z06) has a windshield HUD.

All the Audi's you mention do have a digital speedo, however, only the R8's work (as of GT5). The RS6 is another one that should have a digital speedo.

I will buy all these cars to confirm they have been changed.

Some of the cars like the r34 hasnt got a working fuel gauge which is Not funny for me since im driving without hud :/ and if the display in the center of the dashboard would work like the one from the r35 that would be so awesome..

This is how it looks...

C9

Don't know about that car specifically but sometimes with race cars they'll turn the gauges so the desired reading it at twelve o'clock, so with a quick glance the driver can see that everything's okay. Maybe 5800 RPM is the recommended rev limit or something.

This is how it looks...

C9

I have a theory of why this car is like this. It might be done due to the limited visibility inside the car. Due to how everything is cramped inside these cars, it's possible that the right hand might interfere with the view of the full RPM gauge. Twisting it like this might help get a full view of the higher RPM range which is the most useful.

2 things I'd like fixed.

1. Boost gauge on the Ferrari 288 GTO (doesn't move but the F40s does).
2. Boost gauge on the Lancia Delta (doesn't move).

Actually if PD could fix a lot of boost gauges that are left static in the game that would be great.

2 things I'd like fixed.

1. Boost gauge on the Ferrari 288 GTO (doesn't move but the F40s does).
2. Boost gauge on the Lancia Delta (doesn't move).

Actually if PD could fix a lot of boost gauges that are left static in the game that would be great.

I don't have the GTO, but I do have the Delta. I will check. I know there is a gauge that does move, but I'm thinking it's the oil pressure gauge.

As for now, it would be good if at least they fix the essential gauges in the cars that are wrong, like the Tachometer and Speedometer.

Yep in the Delta the small gauge dead center and on top is the boost gauge. In the GTO its the opposite center and below which is unique because it sweeps backwards in real life.

I love boost gauges when I bought my Evo X (my real car) and didn't have one that was Mod #1. :)

Another favorite of mine would be the Front Torque Meter in the Skyline GTR (R32 & R33) and the MFD screen on the R34s. Technically oil pressure gauges should swing somewhat. In the Miata and a couple other cars they do.

Personally I'd like to see all the gauges working. Take for example the tuner cars. They have a ton of gauges and they don't work which doesn't look right.

R33 GT-R: Left on the instrument panel there is a non working turbo gauge with a fuel gauge marked vaguely right through it.

Monster Tajima- The tach works great... the HUD is the one to go wonky this time... check it out for yourselves... since it's a cvt... it's supposed to stay at a constant rev.... but it revs increasing with speed, unlike the Tach which remains directly proportional to the GO pedal (we cant say gas pedal i guess LOL)

This is how it looks...

C9
heures-mans-1988-detail-cockpit-sauber-big.jpg

http://club.caradisiac.com/pesca-33/heures-mans-1988-16449/photo/detail-cockpit-sauber-2526868.html

The 1 Series tii speedo gets more inaccurate at high speed, reading 235 at 240.

The 'new' Megane R.S too, though I can't remember the degree of speedo inaccuracy.

The Stratos' oil pressure gauge swings around the zero mark and the trip meter increases rapidly, possibly due to being calibrated for a lower power of 10.

The Elise 111R's speedo is apparently calibrated for the wrong units like the Shelby GT500.

Assuming carryover bugs, the Supra's turbo gauge is calibrated wrongly and the C3 Corvette is calibrated to kph instead of mph.

More should be aware of non-working gauges if interested.

Last edited:
The turbo gauge works on r33 and r32 just need to steer
Left and push the throttle
Haha WTF I think you misunderstand me. I'm talking about the fuel/turbo pressure gauge on the dash, left from the RPM gauge. ;) There isfuel gauge in the background of the turbo pressure gauge... And it reads always the same value.

Last edited:
Back