List of cars with Gitched Instruments (gauges)

• Thread starter HuskyGT
  • 93 comments
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60 odometer only goes as far as 4. After that stops counting miles.

Toyota 2000GT '67 odometer magically disappears if the ghost car is in front of you in Test Drive.

The Range Rover Evoque is clearly set to manual mode (as the driver changes gear with the paddles), but the little display between the dials shows the gear as "D" for auto mode. I think the Lancer Evolution X is similarly broken.

I can't remember off the top of my head some cars high beam dash light doesn't come on,as well as the BRAKE light (!) [which does come on when you pull the ebrake I first noticed it in photo mode]

I think it's better to point out the gauges that are actually helpful when driving. Like cars that have faulty Rev Counters, Gear Indicators or Speedometers.

I think it's better to point out the gauges that are actually helpful when driving. Like cars that have faulty Rev Counters, Gear Indicators or Speedometers.
I would if I did found the Range Rover Evoque have digital fuel gauge won't work, only fuel range left actually as fuel economy work is what I did drove on S event Willow Springs 20-Miles challenge.

Just found another one. Not sure if to put it on the list though. It's not really troublesome in most cases.

The Shelby GT350's instrument panel doesn't have any illumination, so if driving in complete darkness with HUD off this is a problem. No way to know your RPM's or speed.

Not sure if these Mustangs in real life are like this.

- Ferrari F430. No Tach needle and gear indicator at all. (can someone confirm with a pic? This sounds really messed up. Don't have enough Cr. to spend on this car.)

- Aston Martin One-77. Gear indicator not working at all. Digital speedometer not working either.

Edit.

Awesome guys! Thanks. I didn't checked this. I checked the Ford Shelby GT500, but I saw that the speedometer is still wrong, so I assumed the others weren't fixed.

288 GTO, here I go!! :lol:

At this point I am relying on others input, The 430 I have not personally verified, the One-77 was changed but I wouldn't call it completely fixed

I can't check it right now (I'm at work). What exactly has change in the One-77? Prior 1.04, the digital cluster and gear indicator were off.

Also, can someone check the Vantage V12? Digital cluster did work, but not the gear indicator (other than Reverse).

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else (I will post this in the v1.04 thread as well since that seems to cover these kind of points as well), but the M4 Coupe has KPH speedo when you have MPH selected.

This was like this ever since the interior was added as far as I can tell, and has not been fixed by v1.04 as far as i can see (have rewatched some replays from before and no apparent change to the interior display).

Thought it might be helpful to mention it here.

I know this is an issue with a few cars, but the M4 Coupe does not seem to be included in the lists on this thread or the v1.04 thread which is why I mentioned it.

Happy for someone to check and verify this of course, appreciate you can't just take my word for it lol.

NASCAR Spek tacks DO NOT WORK like they should.
video of how they work in rl. (note this isn't form a stock car but someone's ricer,but it works the same)

the inner LEDs go yellow,green then red,but as the red fills up it turns the gauge red. very freaking cool. if non of the other spek gauges in the stock cars work expect the tack I would be happy.

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 speed/rpm's not showing up. Checked for blown fuse, no luck. Must be in the wheel speed sensor ($) or the main computer ($$$).
That's non-function gauge for speed and rpm in standard Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01.

Maserati Granturismo S's odometer only reads in increments of 10 (example, if you have only 13km, it will read as 1km, and if you have 298km, it will read as 29km).

Corvette Convertible (C3)'s speedo reads in km/h instead of mph.

Has anyone else noticed that the title of this thread says "gitched instruments" and not "glitched instruments"... :P

So there's a glitch in the thread about glitches... :lol:

No offence meant, I find this thread quite useful. I just couldn't pass by all that irony without commenting... :sly:

Back