Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Manufacturer Series)

Hey I have 2 Questions about the live events

1: what size and model Sony tv are the players playing on with rig setup??

2: this event players are using a Gran Turismo head set witch also has a team radio, do you think we will be able to order the head set in the Future ????

2: this event players are using a Gran Turismo head set witch also has a team radio, do you think we will be able to order the head set in the Future ????

1. Roughly 42"+ off the top of my head.

2. Doubt it at this stage. They had a headset in Paris which worked well and had these built up with GT branding for this weekend.

Congratulations @Sidawg2!

Stewarding was absolutely shocking tonight, most incidents were handled hilariously wrong. People just punted their way through the field in race 1 and none of it was even investigated. Then penalties lower than the advantage gained, and BMW penalized for absolutely nothing. And the last corner incident, even the Toyota driver said "I drove like he wasn't there". That's absolute madness to not have a move like that ending up in a penalty after giving 2 seconds to BMW.

Now how can you expect any manufacturers showing any interest of being involved in the manufacturers series when the overall win is decided by a single point after an incident like that, when the other races and online seasons show a clear bias towards Toyota and Lexus in the BoP ?

Stéphane Fillastre was looking quite unhappy when handing out the trophies. They really need to step up if they want a chance of renewing the FIA deal after 2020.

What does the Toyota driver have to answer for, exactly? They were side by side and the Mercedes just turned in on him. Look at it at 0.25x speed.

If you’ve ever raced against Latkovski you’ll know that he takes no prisoners.

Ive seen him do terrible things to back markers just cos he wants the corner.

You can forgive him for the above because it’s just a game.

But not a fan of his unsportsmanlike flailing of the arms not once, but several times at the Kiwi kid.

I have seen him set a provisional pole time in an FIA race then doddle around the track to find the next quickest driver and block them enough to wreck their qualifying lap. So I really have no sympathy for him and his histrionics for coming off second best in a racing incident.

Last edited:
My opinion regarding last battle between Toyota and Merc both of them in tense situation and they were battling each other. Merc sees an opportunity to pass from the outside but Toyota hold the momentum while Merc were a bit aggressive and take a risk trying to pass Toyota just before the last corner and hit late on the brakes, send it off to the grass in the end.

To be honest, in racing we can't predict what will happen next that sometimes make all things out of expectations and that is a part of makes racing interesting. Nevertheless that was all good and enjoyable race 👍:cheers:

Last edited:
Stéphane Fillastre was looking quite unhappy when handing out the trophies. They really need to step up if they want a chance of renewing the FIA deal after 2020.

The FIA provide the stewards. Basically, if the FIA Terminate their deal with Polyphony Digital because of their own stupidity they’ve only got themselves to blame

1. 55 inch. 55BZ35F

2. As Andy said, same ones as Paris but just with a GT sticker on the sides.

That was a pretty good event and well done to Toyota.

I have to say I don't quite understand the stewarding for these races.

In the Sardegna race, the Mercedes driver gets a warning for 'colliding with another car' at 57:25, then at 59:46 gets past the Porsche by coming off the brakes and barges into the driver-side door at Turn 1 and forced them both wide... but no penalty follows.

It begs the question why they gave a warning at all...?

I am the only one who seriously questions the driving etics by quite a few top level players? Everytime I try to watch the most seem to be in a hotlapping mode instead of actual racing. They maybe fast but I am far from impressed by their driving standards.

No you are not the only one. But little will change while some of these drivers:

a) Continue to qualify for these events when they had been using the same very aggressive and/or dirty tactics throughout the corresponding season;
b) Don't get adequately penalised for said tactics when they get to these events.

Having said that, the final corner incident at N24 was 100% a racing incident, there is only 1 line through there and the Toyota had it.

Last edited:
That was a pretty good event and well done to Toyota.

I have to say I don't quite understand the stewarding for these races.

In the Sardegna race, the Mercedes driver gets a warning for 'colliding with another car' at 57:25, then at 59:46 gets past the Porsche by coming off the brakes and barges into the driver-side door at Turn 1 and forced them both wide... but no penalty follows.

It begs the question why they gave a warning at all...?

No you are not the only one. But little will change while some of these drivers:

a) Continue to qualify for these events when they had been using the same very aggressive and/or dirty tactics throughout the corresponding season;
b) Don't get adequately penalised for said tactics when they get to these events.

Having said that, the final corner incident at N24 was 100% a racing incident, there is only 1 line through there and the Toyota had it.

We all know who the elephant in the room is in the Oceania region.

Respect is only received when it given also. He needs to learn that.

Well, at least I got the "making a complete arse of myself on the internet" experience over and done with

Screenshot_20190622-115729~2.png

People going after Cody are just being salty.
He's drives hard, and well, and he's got personality.
Love watching the guy.

He went for a gap, came off second best, and was annoyed about it. If you're put off by the hand waving maybe Motorsport isn't for you!

He's getting better too, in the first tour event, way back when, he was nowhere. Now he's regularly battling for wins against the best in the world. Respect.

Thoroughly entertaining event all round, love this stuff. Still can't believe Gran Turismo is getting such a pro broadcast treatment. If you'd showed me this event when I was playing GT1 as a kid I think I would've fainted mid-cry.

I am the only one who seriously questions the driving etics by quite a few top level players? Everytime I try to watch the most seem to be in a hotlapping mode instead of actual racing. They maybe fast but I am far from impressed by their driving standards.
That's the difference between just practicing laps and practicing for a race. Can't be on hotlap pace AND practice etiquette at the same time.

With nerfing all these manufacturers and changing physics to please toyota
Changing the BOP ok i can see that happening but changing the physics of the hole game just for Toyota? don't be silly.

You can forgive him for the above because it’s just a game.
Its not just a game at that level if he can't compete cleanly he should get the boot.

it's not like FIA really cares about fair racing. They are the kind of organization that decide to change the BoP the night before the start of the 24h of le Mans based on quali lap time results which are known for bluff/sandbagging. Aston and BMW paid the price this year.
The BOP was changed by the ACO not FIA that being said i agree the changes were stupid but this happens in every series BOP is used Blancpain GT gets it (mostly) right.

Its not just a game at that level if he can't compete cleanly he should get the boot

Fully agree! Penalties should be fixed, car damage should be activated and unsportmanship's behaviour should be banned. Maybe directly reduce their driver ratings as well. GT has a great évent going but it is pretty much ruined by a few who think their way to fame is the 'Maldonado' road.

If this event wants to grow it has to mature quiet a bit . Currently I simply can't take it seriously although I like GT's efforts. 'Kids playing I wanna be famous' is more the vibe I am getting of it.

Still I hope GT continue their efforts because in the end it could grow to something really nice.

To give it a bit more nuance: I think the biggest issue is that most players lack the feel of responsabillity since it is all digital and therefore take risks that would be unacceptable in real motorsports. If GT manages so how to get this correctly over to the player in whatever form we could see some real progress!

Last edited:
Lack of fair play during all this event is not going to help to have good peacefull enjoyable FIA races during season for us normal people.
This was a miserable example some top drivers gave us and above all , gave to the world together to eventuals future GT players.

What for ?? No motives !! no reasons !! Just seems a rooster fighting ring .

Some fantastics moves were tarnished by some poor greedy individuals.

Do it for the move , not for the rank.

I have heard that one driver (not shown on the stream as far as I can see) had an unusual distraction in their race...

Back