Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Nations Cup)

IMHO the real surprise in the finals was the raw speed of Coty, until he messed up everything with his way to aggressive style he was impressive fast and consistent. If he starts to drive cleaner we have a new star.. Imho of course.

Actually although his strategy was no worse than anyone else's when he was gaining the big time it was on soft tires versus hard which he should be much faster at that point.

But his strategy although it looked good on the screen watching him close in towards the end played out the exact same way in both race finals in that by the time he had caught up to the leaders because he had so much time to make up that he was forced in both races to make aggressive overtakes which resulted in contact with the drivers ahead of him because he did not have the distance remaining in the race to set up a clean overtake.

So in some respects that strategy did not turn out to be the best as it put him back too far without ample time to cleanly overtake the leaders.

Not taking anything away from his speed, he is fast no doubt but as fast as he is if he had of mirrored the other two leaders strategy he may well have won with clean overtakes instead of trying to force the win through the last corners of both races.

Tom
I’d like to apologise sincerely for this misinformation during the commentary on the broadcast. From a behind-the-scenes point of view there was a lot going on (producers in my ears, unscheduled interviews etc), and I made an error by saying it was López who had received the penalty, rather than Latkovski as has already been stated.

You have done a great job commentating along with Jimmy 👍 This could be a good lesson to pay attention a bit more on incoming information during the race so this circumstances won't happened any more :cheers: By the way, looking forward for next event! :D

I think it's good, because it makes the sim-racers go back to the drawing board, which is badly needed otherwise we start suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect @dabz343

Yes, being critical of one's performance is an important factor for growth and I suspect the top guys at these events are fully aware of the trappings of Dunning-Kruger.......quickly learning to get out of your way is one of the most important hurdles to overcome when striving for elite status.

I'd say one of the biggest advantages he has from his real-world racing experience is actually all the stuff outside of driving a car: he's a consummate pro in interviews and chats, and that makes him an excellent ambassador for sim racing esports in general IMO.

Absolutely, Igor definitely shows his ability to focus and I suspect it's because he is familiar with the limelight...his overall fitness level is also a factor, IMO. He just knows how to prepare for these events and consistently rises to the occasion...it's funny how all the little variables outside of piloting a car has a big impact.

This whole "Fraga beating amateur " has me laughing considering he legit was caught off guard by Cody and was feeling pressure since he was entirely focused on Lopez.
Also he didn't set the fastest time but Lopez when they were doing laps before races.

Igor had the best strategy but he still made various mistakes that legit got him in that last lap situation (if he didn't mess up some corners he would actually be on front of Lopez wheh he was coming out of pits). He is still human after all.

Do i agree that we still need a better way to rank people/manu? Of course, no doubt on that but the drivers still did what they did.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Igor. I'd say one of the biggest advantages he has from his real-world racing experience is actually all the stuff outside of driving a car: he's a consummate pro in interviews and chats, and that makes him an excellent ambassador for sim racing esports in general IMO.
I wouldn't mind betting that he's been media trained.

And yes, the undercut is powerful, but there was never anyone in front of me close enough to undercut in the second stint. So you have to think about the grip you will have for any overtakes you will need to make in the middle or end of your stints. The dirty air is really bad with these cars, especially in acceleration zones out of slow speed corners, so it's much easier to stay close with fresher tyres than your opponent's.
So there's dirty air in GT Sport? Since when has that been a thing? I've speculated for a while that GT Sport has dirty air but I've never had enough evidence to prove it. Did you notice a reduction in cornering speed whilst behind someone?

I wouldn't mind betting that he's been media trained.

So there's dirty air in GT Sport? Since when has that been a thing? I've speculated for a while that GT Sport has dirty air but I've never had enough evidence to prove it. Did you notice a reduction in cornering speed whilst behind someone?

Since GT5.

There are still people who think it doesn't exist? It's about as obvious as slipstream.

You get more understeer through high speed corners and suffer a loss of traction out of low speed corners. It's more evident with higher category cars, especially gr2.

Last edited:
Yeah, but still, essentially he did the same times as Lopez and Fraga or else he wouldn't have been there at the end.

He got slipstream the entire race, especially on Hard Tires, contrary to Fraga and Lopez , who not only had no slipstream for most of the race but had to consume more fuel to keep/shorten the gap.

I think Lopez was counting on having Igor slipstream when he came out of the pits but the plan failed, then he needed to push with less fuel and no slipstream.

I still think Lopez would have finish in the podium if not for the punt. He came 2sec after the 3rd and probably lost more that on the wall/grass.

his trademark is to pass no matter what.

And many post about what people object about in Sport mode racing in general is exactly that, divebomb, pit maneuver, punt just make the pass no matter what attitude that is so prevalent by so many racers!

You would think that in the upper ranks that racecraft that did not include bulldozer style of racing would be more the norm but in many cases apparently not. And yes there was more than a few incidents by multiple drivers that in my opinion was not a good look at promoting what Sportmode racing should be and by those supposedly considered to be some of the best in the game, I am not only singling out just one driver or incident. Watch the racing and the amount of incidents across all the events was way to high for this caliber of drivers and the penalties for some incidents should have been a lot worse.

I would say every driver can make a mistake but as far as showing clean racing and the way it should be look at a racer such as Tidgney as his trademark racing style is what clean racing is all about, not winning or advancing a position at all cost including pushing his competitors off the racing line or track.

So Latkovski ruined the race of Lopez (fuel issue but had the podium in the bag), and gets a tiny time penalty that still keeps him in 2nd place? Lmao. Thats ridiculous. I think he shouldn't even be allowed on the podium.
In fact I think time penalties in general are stupid, because the faster you are, the less likely you are to pay for a mistake, so being faster indirectly means you have more right to be dirty without punishment, than the slower ones.
Should be a place penalties no matter if the drivers behind are 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds down.
That way people like the australian may learn to be cleaner.

Since GT5.

There are still people who think it doesn't exist? It's about as obvious as slipstream.

You get more oversteer through high speed corners and suffer a loss of traction out of low speed corners. It's more evident with higher category cars, especially gr2.
I don't think the effect is as prominent compared to Project Cars. I easily notice the dirty air when driving an LMP2 car or Indy Car. Not saying it isn't there but to me the impact isn't as large.

So Latkovski ruined the race of Lopez (fuel issue but had the podium in the bag), and gets a tiny time penalty that still keeps him in 2nd place? Lmao. Thats ridiculous. I think he shouldn't even be allowed on the podium.
In fact I think time penalties in general are stupid, because the faster you are, the less likely you are to pay for a mistake, so being faster indirectly means you have more right to be dirty without punishment, than the slower ones.
Should be a place penalties no matter if the drivers behind are 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds down.
That way people like the australian may learn to be cleaner.

Nobody ruined Lopez’s race. He was completely out of fuel. Whether or not that was the cause of the accident I’m not sure, but nothing Latkovski did cost him any positions. You can see him crawling away from the corner. That’s what cost him the podium.

Nobody ruined Lopez’s race. He was completely out of fuel. Whether or not that was the cause of the accident I’m not sure, but nothing Latkovski did cost him any positions. You can see him crawling away from the corner. That’s what cost him the podium.

The debate is there because he would have wasted fuel on the grass, especially if he tried to power out of it. Most people did come to the conclusion though that he would have run out of fuel quite while before the line. More importantly so did the stewards.

This past weekend felt like the most extreme test of patience I have ever dealt with in my life, and I partially failed. TL:DR My form in this world tour was the best that i have managed thus far, and I feel confident enough to say that I was in contention for a podium or win in one or both of the series (nations and manufacturers) and heck, maybe even the GR supra GT cup. What ACTUALLY happened was arguably the most unlucky streak of races for anyone in the history of gran Turismo. I will not mention the names of drivers involved in the incidents as this isn't meant to be a hateful post in any way, just a summary of all the things that can go wrong when the stars don't align. (i'll include timestamps whenever possible). Sit tight, cause it's quite a novel.

GR SUPRA GT CUP: I had a good run going, climbing from 6th to 4th position, driving just behind the top 3 when halfway through the last lap, the driver behind me attempted to pass in a gap that didn't exist, causing me to go off and lose grip due to dirty tires. I am then pushed off in the next turn because of the fact that he made my tires dirty and didn't realize, pushing me into the grass and causing me to lose 3 positions. There was not enough time left in the race to catch back up.

MANUFACTURERS SERIES: After I put the Lexus on pole, myself and Kawakami were able to sweep the first 2 races, escaping the midpack fury. It almost seemed surreal, the fact that we were off to such an incredible start. I had this strange gut feeling and in my head I asked myself if it was too good to be true. Spoiler alert: it was.

Cue Monza. My teammate (and good friend) Bruzzis is punted at monza and is sent plummeting from 1st place to last within a matter of seconds in a situation that he had little control over. As Tom Brooks said, he was a sitting duck. This means that we now had to start from last place in the team race worth double points.

Now it was the big one. After the unfortunate Monza incident, we figured it would be nice to at least salvage a podium finish in the last race. After a spectacular recovery to go from 12th to 5th place in the final race, it looked like we had 3rd place in the bag. As I thought this, poor Bruzzi is punted off AGAIN by the car behind at Brunnchen (this is not shown on the livestream, but i could see it from the screen of the Porsche driver)

In summary, we finished the manufacturers series going from a very likely championship victory, to not even being on the podium thanks mostly to the aggression of the other drivers.

NATIONS CUP: Disappointed about our fate in the manufacturers series, I kept my head up and looked forward to the nations cup. This is the first live event where i didn't straight up choke the general qualifying session, and I ended up starting from a respectable 9th/24th. Having never qualified for the final 12 of a live event usually due to either silly mistakes by myself or instances out of my control, i was feeling optimistic this time, and looking forward to Racing alongside Turismo-Windfire and CAR_Lamb to show the strength of the North American region. Windfire is eliminated after semi final A due to a strange incident after the final chicane where he was spun out by the other driver (not shown on stream once again, but could see it from behind the screen) but no penalty was issued.

SEMI FINAL B: In my block race, I worked from 6th place and made what I thought was one of the best passes of the event (once again, not shown on screen) but I will mention J. Wong (Saika159), as he was one of a few drivers that I thought drove incredibly clean and fairly, as we were able to go side by side in sector 1 of goodwood in 50 year old muscle cars without making any contact at all, so kudos to Wong for that. Unfortunately I couldn't say the same about the situation on the penultimate lap. The other driver goes in a little deep for the double apex right hander, so i am able to perform a cutback and (i admit) just barely felt enough room, but still no contact was made. I make sure to leave sufficient room for my opponent to exit the chicane safely, but i guess i was naive to expect the same courtesy in return. I am plowed into the grass as the other driver decides to use all of the road on exit, basically ignoring my presence in desperation to not give up the position. This act of carelessness is deemed a "R A C I N G I N C I D E N T" and no penalty is awarded.

REPECHAGE: Despite all the misfortune, I still had repechage. After an anxiety inducing first few laps, i was in a comfortable 3rd place with only 2 laps left, and I really thought this was the moment. NOPE. Completely out of nowhere, a driver behind me misses his braking point (an honest mistake) and punts me into the dirt with the force of a thousand suns. no penalty is awarded, but in this case I understand because the other driver waited for me out of sympathy. He apologized immediately after, but this is the breaking point for me (no pun intended) and I started to lose my cool. In frustration, i began salvaging some fun out of the whole thing, realizing just how bad fate had treated me in this event so far. I slowed down and started drifting the corners when i knew that there was no chance to catch back up. I slowed down to wait for CAR_Lamb, where I drifted around him, trading paint with him a few times (something we do a lot of together in online practice lobbies for a good time). Feeling completely defeated after crawling over the line to start the last lap, i simply threw the car into the dirt, removed my headset, and immediately walked off of the stage and out of the venue without finishing the race, not making eye contact with a single person. I just barely managed to drag myself back to the venue in time to watch the winners celebrate their victories. I took all of my birthday beatings on the racetrack. In terms of luck, it couldn't get much worse, right?

WRONG.

The after party for the event was held near the mini Karussell towards the end of the course, and the atmosphere was rad. In the midst of the 24 hour race with cars roaring by every few seconds, it was such an amazing venue and it was easily shaping up to be one of the best experiences of the tour. It was a great time for everyone, and I particularly enjoyed the fact that it was allowing me to forget about the bad luck I had during the competition portion of the event, and just enjoy the company of my fellow competitors who are all amazing by the way. About an hour into the partying, I didn't even have the races on my mind. It was at this moment that one of the Japanese stewards of the races and his translator pulled me aside for a few moments in the middle of all of the party madness, I had already had a few drinks at this point. It took me a few moments to realize what they were trying to tell me, but THIS was the moment that gave me a feeling of disappointment that I couldn't shake for the rest of the trip. I was basically told that if I continued to drive the way that I drove towards the end of the repechage race, then I could be disqualified from being invited to future live events. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I wish I was. Just to be clear, I understand that my reaction was unprofessional as it could be considered unfitting for an esports event of this caliber, but there seemed to be no sympathy shown whatsoever for how I was treated in nearly EVERY SINGLE RACE i participated in this weekend, as it was just told to me bluntly. In the moment, i was actually convinced that the whole competition was biased against North Americans (which upon critical reflection i have now realized that this is obviously not the case). I had literally felt cursed after that. In that moment i just wanted to go home, and I contemplated quitting the game altogether.

On a more positive note, the amenities and the rest of the world tour itself were absolutely amazing, and a few of us were able to band together and buy a gift for someone who had become ill and was not able to experience it as we did. After being put through the ringer, it was a great feeling that a group of us (Lamb, Stinkybug, McQueen and myself) were able to pitch in some $ to get a gift and make someone else happy who had even more of a misfortune than I did. At the end of the day, the bad luck i experienced in the races pales in comparison to the heartwarming feeling that we got by being able to help one of our community members feel more accommodated and cared for. To me, that is what the GT family is all about.

PS. Since my plane made it home in one piece, hopefully i'll have better luck in the New York world tour LOL. It will be amazing to see everyone again in a few months <3

Supra cup punt
Monza
Final race
Windfire death (can't confirm who was at fault on this one though, as it is not shown and i couldn't see it) either way, it cost him a repechage spot https://youtu.be/erCwEGSw9lY?t=3329
Semi final B pass
Repechage death

Last edited:
I am just a casual player of the game who likes to race sometimes. Because of my interest in the game I have payed a bit of attention to the live events.
For me, the bottom line is I am not an alien, nor do I want to be, nor was I there or know anything about what really happened, but one thing struck me about reading carefully here.

You decided to just quit. Just drift a few corners pull off and go in the dirt. If I were a powerful enough person to afford to pay to have people travel and stay in AWESOME places and do an esports competition I’d be pretty pissed off that a participant is not respecting the competition by not giving 100 percent until the end. I would have maybe told you you’d never be invited back period if it were my competition.

If you lose you lose. But lose honorably and represent your region with integrity! NEVER QUIT

You decided to just quit. Just drift a few corners pull off and go in the dirt. If I were a powerful enough person to afford to pay to have people travel and stay in AWESOME places and do an esports competition I’d be pretty pissed off that a participant is not respecting the competition by not giving 100 percent until the end. I would have maybe told you you’d never be invited back period if it were my competition.

If you lose you lose. But lose honorably and represent your region with integrity! NEVER QUIT

You know @TRL LIGHTNING was doing the exact same thing at the RBR repechage right? I don’t see you calling him out...

I am just a casual player of the game who likes to race sometimes. Because of my interest in the game I have payed a bit of attention to the live events.
For me, the bottom line is I am not an alien, nor do I want to be, nor was I there or know anything about what really happened, but one thing struck me about reading carefully here.

There's a KEY fact you are ignoring here, if you do not know the circumstances, keep quiet.
He got taken out of a podium in the Supra, his team got taken out twice after he had win his race, and they lost a potential chance to win it all.
He had done enough to go through the final without having to do the repecharge, yet got taken out.
Then, he got taken out with 2 to go on the repecharge.
So, the fact is, he didn't loose, he got robbed, and that's just a reality.

You know @TRL LIGHTNING was doing the exact same thing at the RBR repechage right? I don’t see you calling him out...

If that’s common at these competitions than I digress.
It’s not calling anyone out.
I’ve been down with no hope to win and many watching. Very tough position to be in. I was a hothead when younger also.
I can never endorse that type of behavior from anyone though.
Where I’m from in competition you never quit.

This past weekend felt like the most extreme test of patience I have ever dealt with in my life, and I partially failed. TL:DR My form in this world tour was the best that i have managed thus far, and I feel confident enough to say that I was in contention for a podium or win in one or both of the series (nations and manufacturers) and heck, maybe even the GR supra GT cup. What ACTUALLY happened was arguably the most unlucky streak of races for anyone in the history of gran Turismo. I will not mention the names of drivers involved in the incidents as this isn't meant to be a hateful post in any way, just a summary of all the things that can go wrong when the stars don't align. (i'll include timestamps whenever possible). Sit tight, cause it's quite a novel.

The after party for the event was held near the mini Karussell towards the end of the course, and the atmosphere was rad. In the midst of the 24 hour race with cars roaring by every few seconds, it was such an amazing venue and it was easily shaping up to be one of the best experiences of the tour. It was a great time for everyone, and I particularly enjoyed the fact that it was allowing me to forget about the bad luck I had during the competition portion of the event, and just enjoy the company of my fellow competitors who are all amazing by the way. About an hour into the partying, I didn't even have the races on my mind. It was at this moment that one of the Japanese stewards of the races and his translator pulled me aside for a few moments in the middle of all of the party madness, I had already had a few drinks at this point. It took me a few moments to realize what they were trying to tell me, but THIS was the moment that gave me a feeling of disappointment that I couldn't shake for the rest of the trip. I was basically told that if I continued to drive the way that I drove towards the end of the repechage race, then I could be disqualified from being invited to future live events. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I wish I was. Just to be clear, I understand that my reaction was unprofessional as it could be considered unfitting for an esports event of this caliber, but there seemed to be no sympathy shown whatsoever for how I was treated in nearly EVERY SINGLE RACE i participated in this weekend, as it was just told to me bluntly. In the moment, i was actually convinced that the whole competition was biased against North Americans (which upon critical reflection i have now realized that this is obviously not the case). I had literally felt cursed after that. In that moment i just wanted to go home, and I contemplated quitting the game altogether.

Unbelievable how many times you got stung in those races... Seriously unlucky.

That seems to be the way of it with these events though. A bit rough and ready with the hip and shoulder and more talking about what happened during the race than at the end. Will we ever get a controversy free event?

Getting a heavy warning for a bit of drifting fun is petty. You've every right to feel hard done by but with it being a live event, they'll be looking for people battling, not letting off steam. I'd be tempted to do the same but not at the expense of going to a future event that you're probably odds on to qualify for.👍

And if i were that "Powerful person" you mentioned, i would make sure that my organisation dosen't treat people as unfairly as it did me (again, im taking strictly about the race incidents, not the event itself, which was great). Im not asking for your or anyones opinion, im just thought it would be interesting to share the experience from my perspective. If you disagree, that's great, and I don't really care. I'm still quite proud of how i handled myself while being bodied this hard, as im sure many people would have probably punched a hole through that monitor if they felt anything like how I felt. The amount of effort I have focused on this game in the last couple years has made it more than just a 'game'. I have put plenty of time, effort and sweat into practicing for each of the races so that I could qualify for these events, to the point where my school and work schedules are based around when I play Gran Turismo, NOT the other way around. I was not handed this spot, I EARNED it with hundreds of hours of practice and dedication.

So maybe now you can see why it is frustrating to go to a live event and have your race ruined by various acts of carelessness that occur within a split second.

My main point is I would expect DQ or something for some of this stuff.
Drift and quit I wouldn’t endorse.
Punting etc same.
You’re not the only person who dedicated your life to a form of competition at some point.
Quitting and disrespecting is never right no matter how right it feels at the time. I cant say I would not have done the same thing,
but that wouldn’t make it right.

As a viewer I can’t be bothered to watch if people don’t get DQ or something for some of these punts. If I want to watch dirty driving I have plenty of daily race lobby replays at Dr A to review lol. If this continues with the punting I’ll just turn it off which is pretty much what I did this time.

If I were going to make a scene or act out, I’d make it big, and I’d make it sure it was my last event :)

Cheers

I think having 5000 chances to score points in FIA and a broken penalty system is rewarding people who play like loons. PD need to sort that out.

And, I for one am disappointed they did not show the @Deafsun rage quit, who hasn't been there...... I do completely understand why they'd want to discourage players from doing that at live events in future.

I think having 5000 chances to score points in FIA and a broken penalty system is rewarding people who play like loons. PD need to sort that out.

And, I for one am disappointed they did not show the @Deafsun rage quit, who hasn't been there...... I do completely understand why they'd want to discourage players from doing that at live events in future.

People leaving out of frustration could be avoided by making driver drive more cleanly. Even without the Deafsun incidents there where way to many unacceptable actions by drivers. Accidents happen, but a lot of incidents come down to people just driving recklessly. This should be handled just as strongly as ragequitting imo.

And if i were that "Powerful person" you mentioned, i would make sure that my organisation dosen't treat people as unfairly as it did me (again, im taking strictly about the race incidents, not the event itself, which was great). Im not asking for your or anyones opinion, im just thought it would be interesting to share the experience from my perspective. If you disagree, that's great, and I don't really care. I'm still quite proud of how i handled myself while being bodied this hard, as im sure many people would have probably punched a hole through that monitor if they felt anything like how I felt. The amount of effort I have focused on this game in the last couple years has made it more than just a 'game'. I have put plenty of time, effort and sweat into practicing for each of the races so that I could qualify for these events, to the point where my school and work schedules are based around when I play Gran Turismo, NOT the other way around. I was not handed this spot, I EARNED it with hundreds of hours of practice and dedication.

So maybe now you can see why it is frustrating to go to a live event and have your race ruined by various acts of carelessness that occur within a split second.
To be honest, I believe Rubilar's position in the final World Tour event should be revoked. His actions were completely unacceptable and I would've given him a grilling if he did the same thing to me. I am truly ashamed by all the parties involved and I cannot understand why the stewards let him off soo lightly. It's a ****ing joke as your race was ruined, rendering your hard work useless. That is a horrible feeling and I don't wish it upon anyone. Rubilar is obviously a [redacted] who couldn't care less about the opposition. He doesn't deserve his place in the final AT ALL and I for one wish that bad karma is heading his way. For your sake and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case, I'm glad that you aren't actually in charge of an e-sports competition. Deafsun is not a dirty quitter, he had very understandable reasons for being frustrated at the events that had unfolded. The fact that he was even warned after the event, much less threatened to be banned, is an outrage. The stewards panel at World Tour Nurburgring should be forced to publicly apologise for making numerous questionable decisions and ultimately detracting from the entertainment value of the event.

Last edited:
About an hour into the partying, I didn't even have the races on my mind. It was at this moment that one of the Japanese stewards of the races and his translator pulled me aside for a few moments in the middle of all of the party madness, I had already had a few drinks at this point. It took me a few moments to realize what they were trying to tell me, but THIS was the moment that gave me a feeling of disappointment that I couldn't shake for the rest of the trip. I was basically told that if I continued to drive the way that I drove towards the end of the repechage race, then I could be disqualified from being invited to future live events. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I wish I was. Just to be clear, I understand that my reaction was unprofessional as it could be considered unfitting for an esports event of this caliber, but there seemed to be no sympathy shown whatsoever for how I was treated in nearly EVERY SINGLE RACE i participated in this weekend, as it was just told to me bluntly. In the moment, i was actually convinced that the whole competition was biased against North Americans (which upon critical reflection i have now realized that this is obviously not the case). I had literally felt cursed after that. In that moment i just wanted to go home, and I contemplated quitting the game altogether.
Given some of the questionable moves I saw throughout the streams - including the ones that ruined your chances in Manufacturers and the Nations repechage - I'd thought your response to that would be the least of the stewards' concerns...

Feel sorry for what happened to you during this round of the World Tour, but wishing you better luck in future events. You truly deserved a place in the Nations final last weekend.

After getting the worst car for the semi finals i knew it would be a hard to survive against all the other players. Nevertheless i somehow managed to qualify myself for the repechage race where i wanted to try and qualify myself for the final race but after overseeing the braking point on the left hand side i totally dive bombed into Sugawara-san. I let him and everybody else by as i didn't deserve to join on a reasonable good position anymore and felt really sorry about Sugawara-san as i almost ruined his chance to qualify himself for the final race... Afterwards i got the 3 sec time penalty which was fully deserved, maybe i should have got more in my opinion but probably i was only getting 3 sec as i was already last. Afterwards i tried to give it my best and catch up to the group in front of me. Getting the fastest lap pretty much showed me the pace was there but once i caught up to the group in front of me the gap to P4 was already too big (last qualifying spot) so i was slowing down and tried to drive along with Daniel who was driving on last place alone. Trying to have fun and drift a little bit xD.
For me personally i ALWAYS want to have fun when i am driving. It doesn't matter if i get a bad or even the worst car or not. The racing is pretty fun and i don't regret doing it in the end.

Last edited:
My main point is I would expect DQ or something for some of this stuff.
Drift and quit I wouldn’t endorse.
Punting etc same.
You’re not the only person who dedicated your life to a form of competition at some point.
Quitting and disrespecting is never right no matter how right it feels at the time. I cant say I would not have done the same thing,
but that wouldn’t make it right.

As a viewer I can’t be bothered to watch if people don’t get DQ or something for some of these punts. If I want to watch dirty driving I have plenty of daily race lobby replays at Dr A to review lol. If this continues with the punting I’ll just turn it off which is pretty much what I did this time.

If I were going to make a scene or act out, I’d make it big, and I’d make it sure it was my last event :)

Cheers
This is just all talk and no brain, no offense.
Even the top driver/players from all over the world and different sports will have their moments and @Deafsun had already enough patience to endure the garbage that happened to him.

"Acting like it was my last event" is surely a terrible life advice. Don't ever do that.

Also if racing/whatever sport etc you're doing isn't fun, what is the point even.

Some drivers might be put off by this even, i still think Sprint formats plus random car draw from N class are bad enough.

They had a Clio V6 and Tundra. Those are good enough for a one make like the Raptor in wilow spring (while still keeping the spectator fun).

Back