Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

My understanding about this is: there's a reason why most drivers in real life are not friends with each other. Competition can involve some dirty tricks, some hits bellow the belt. I've been a victim of dirty moves, everyone here has. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows, Rocky Balboa once said.

Igor is a pro. He knows racing better than most people he's racing against. I feel he's a really nice guy, but it seems like he's also learned how to be a bit street smart by now. The move on lap 16 was genius and reflecting about what he did at eau rouge on lap 17, that was instinct, a cold and calculated move. If he lifted too much there could be an accident. I'd say it was the cleanest dirty move I've seen in these World Tour events.

Hope Hizal can learn from the experience and maybe borrow some attitude from Cody. :)

There. From a GTPlanet article published on July 1st 2019, after the Nurburgring World Tour.

“I have no confidence in the stewarding. It was fine in Austria last year but has gone downhill since,” says one World Tour finalist. “It really upsets me how there is no semblance of consistency,” says another. Driver after driver remarks on the consistency of penalties as “disappointing”, “weird”, and “embarrassing”. Some feel so strongly about it that, despite the otherwise incredible experience, they’re declining to take part any further.​

Something is a bit fishy, the more I read into this...

The whole Igor being "PD's wonderchild" thing, the complaints from previous players about the inconsistency of stewards and, of course, what happened today...

I'm not suggesting that PD is up to some highly corrupt hijinks but I can't help but lose slight trust in PD and the stewards. Something just feels off. Could it just be general inconsistency? I really don't know...

My take on that move by Fraga is it should've been penalized more. If an F1 driver pulls that move in the race next weekend with another driver that close entering Eau Rogue it would be extremely dangerous. Like putting lives at risk dangerous. If e-racing and the FIA GT Championships want to be taken seriously then there should be no place for this.

I also don't blame Hizal for backing off either. After that move and the move before I'd think this guy going to completely ruin my race and wreck me before he lets me pass. He probably knew second place wraps up a spot for the world finals so take the safe second and trip to Monaco.

Hopefully this stuff gets fixed in a couple weeks.

These World Tour events are for drivers to qualify for the World Final, so I think they need to introduce a new rule, If you’re qualified, you can’t participate in any further World Tour events, as it’s not necessary. The way it is now, you’re only keeping others from qualifying.

I have a strong opinion on what happened between Fraga and Hizal, but I don’t think it matters much to express it, as it doesn’t change the result anyway.

If you watch it again, Hizal had already lost his mind on lap 16 after the genius move from Igor. He drove lap 16 shaking his head and less confident. I wonder now if he really had the pace to overtake had he not given up. Maybe he knew he had to fuel save or that overtaking Igor with dirty air and worn tires was going to be hard.

From the "glass half full" perspective, I'm glad we at least have a clear statement that it's not permitted to lift in that fashion. I've had a feeling people have been doing that to me in Nations Cup races where I've been stuck behind someone and just can't pass them because I seem to keep having to brake before I get to where I could make use of my run on them. I've never bothered to check a replay to see exactly what they're doing, but having it stated that it's not permitted is a start, at least.

Not sure if serious...

It's an admittedly extreme comparison! I only meant it in the sense that these are all top competitors in their respective series. Hizal is certainly that in the FIA although TBF, this isn't an apples to apples comparison. In the end, I don't want to be too hard on Hizal. He is one of my favorite FIA drivers, and I was pulling for him against Fraga today. But I think he might regret letting up the way he did when he has a chance to cool off. But hey, he is human and we all make mistakes. I will be watching and cheering for him again at the next event, and I hope to see him on the top podium step soon.

Last edited:
One thing that wasn't clear: did Hizal get a place at Monaco, as Igor already qualified?

This I want to know as well. Had to cut the stream short during the podium ceremony as I had errands to run, but the English version of the stream still isn't up on YouTube, despite all other language streams being there for a while now.

One thing that wasn't clear: did Hizal get a place at Monaco, as Igor already qualified?

This I want to know as well. Had to cut the stream short during the podium ceremony as I had errands to run, but the English version of the stream still isn't up on YouTube, despite all other language streams being there for a while now.

Yes, Mik is in the world final as Igor has already qualified earlier.

Seems to taken the light off a certain driver pulling off probably the most egregious bit of dirty driving seen in a world tour. Unbelievable.

That was a black flag incident if ever I saw one and deserves the ultimate reprimand. ie pull that crap again, it's your last event. Way too hot headed.

The debate about Igor's gamesmanship is a much meatier bone to chew on compared to something I kinda expected to happen anyway.

I'm not suggesting that PD is up to some highly corrupt hijinks but I can't help but lose slight trust in PD and the stewards. Something just feels off.

The penalty was the right size for the incident and it would have awarded Hizal the win in the results if he maintained the gap.

PD dropped the ball by not putting it under investigation until after the race though. They had 8 minutes to decide and not seeing that pop up when you know you've got a case must really knock the enthusiasm out of you but you don't give up like that. Not when you're so close.

Back