Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

i think that part of it is the organisers wanting it to seem like as far as rules everything is fine , the drivers are all pros . but the problem is drivers are human for now and people do human things like make a bad judgment or race in a un honourable way.

i myself approach racing games same as you , clean as possible and expect it back . it isnt a realistic expectation unless you know who exactly you are up against. as far as im concerned your sportsmanship makes you the winner everytime no matter the out come on the track . always keep pushing as much as you can .

the only advise i could give is if you feel the stewards or who ever wont do a proper job then it might be worth it to see if you can get all drivers to agree yourselves to race fairly . if it is in peoples peoples heads then might help .

The ironic thing was on the final day which was the Nations cup we were having a driver briefing with the stewards saying if they could be more harsher and giving more penaltys after what happened in the manufacturers cup.

Last edited:
With biased I mean that it's like in F1 in that situation. For example Carrazza with the 911 in his Fuji race for T1 in lap 1. He dive bombed into T1 pushed coque and me out but didn't get a penalty. Then on my incident, why didn't they give Igor those 5 seconds penalty during the race?
A lot of weird decisions in my opinion but I don't know. At that moment I was probably too emotional where I learnt afterwards to held myself back from now.

I do have to wonder if the stewards decided to investigate because of the fuss kicked up around the replay Cody was watching on his rig. I might rewatch to see if the timing matches up or if the investigation had already been announced.

Why can't I find the P1 GTR in my garage after redeeming the code? It didn't give me an option to download it. It also says I've purchased it when specifically looking at the transaction history, and when I enter the code in again at the PS Store, it says the code has been redeemed. Am I meant to go to Brand Central, and then buy the P1 from there, now that I've redeemed the code? I hate the PS Store and PS4's UI so damn much! Why can't SIE design a good UI worth anything after over 25 years with Playstation?!?! I could design a better UI in a month!

It pisses me off that people who've been doing this stuff for so long seem so incompetent, and it pisses me off even more that I can't do anything about it, or even reach out to them! Whether it's one of my preferred videogame IPs, or console makers, or filmmakers - why do people seemingly never learn and evolve their products?! All it does is make me wanna flip over my table in a hopeless rage!

Last edited:
I do have to wonder if the stewards decided to investigate because of the fuss kicked up around the replay Cody was watching on his rig. I might rewatch to see if the timing matches up or if the investigation had already been announced.

Me and a lot of players can confirm you we haven't seen an investigating during the race and nothing has been said after the race. Literally Tom announced that penalty out of a nowhere

Me and a lot of players can confirm you we haven't seen an investigating during the race and nothing has been said after the race. Literally Tom announced that penalty out of a nowhere

And that's a big issue. There was enough there for the investigation to start, and above all, be communicated to you and Igor. The fact they didn't do it, makes it seem like they were waiting to see how the race would turn out and if you would just swallow the bs. I'm glad you didn't and I'm glad the video of the incident came out.

Last time, when Lopez was pushed through the last corner by Cody, I understand why the penalty came after the race finish. It was the last corner and there was no time to investigate and apply a penalty in time. But last Sunday, they had 4 laps to do it. There was no excuse imo.

As far as motorsport drama goes this is pretty tame,no schumacher at spa going after coulthard in 98.Some shade being thrown around is fair,what might've been over the line is saying PD has a bias for a driver.No driver or team says that(even if they think about it).

Why can't I find the P1 GTR in my garage after redeeming the code? It didn't give me an option to download it. It also says I've purchased it when specifically looking at the transaction history, and when I enter the code in again at the PS Store, it says the code has been redeemed. Am I meant to go to Brand Central, and then buy the P1 from there, now that I've redeemed the code? I hate the PS Store and PS4's UI so damn much! Why can't SIE design a good UI worth anything after over 25 years with Playstation?!?! I could design a better UI in a month!

It pisses me off that people who've been doing this stuff for so long seem so incompetent, and it pisses me off even more that I can't do anything about it, or even reach out to them! Whether it's one of my preferred videogame IPs, or console makers, or filmmakers - why do people seemingly never learn and evolve their products?! All it does is make me wanna flip over my table in a hopeless rage!
But seriously, where's my P1 GTR? Why isn't it in my garage after redeeming the code?!
What have you tried other than looking in PS Store and your transaction history?

Go to Brand Central in game and go through the motions of buying the car. You will get the option to pay real money on the left and on the right will be something saying you have a code redeemed and can get the car.

What have you tried other than looking in PS Store and your transaction history?

I checked my garage in GTS, and my downloads list where it'll usually show when a GTS update has been downloaded/installed. Was I potentially supposed to check Brand Central as if I were buying the car normally?

EDIT: It would seem so, thanks @DesertPenguin. I'll try that in a moment, if only because it's arguably one of the things I hadn't tried yet. It'd make sense not being a download (the alternative being that every car you buy in in-game credits adds to the GTS filesize) but it also doesn't seem too intuitive, especially given the directions listed on the card.

Part of me wants to see Mr. Yamauchi with a t-shirt cannon aimed at the audience screaming "Here's your free stuff. You happy now!" :lol:

The way these Championships are, it's as if it's real racing contracts. Like the same people each time. Why can't the field be new people each event?

I'm sure out of the thousands that participate and take time to do qualifying, there are thousands of stories to tell from the each participant. Wipe the field clean with fresh drivers.

I think Kaz says GT is a family. Well, let some new players have a seat at the big table. What if the next completely new field of drivers offer up clean racing? What if there are some players that have certain impairments, but are exceptional behind the wheel?

These events shouldn't be like Motorsport series where we see the same drivers each weekend. Invite the players that JUST missed out. Maybe those in the next queue. Not just Fraga all the time or Simmons or Mikal.

Not stealing current Championship player's thunder, but kind of making such players, as let's say, heroes of GT, make it so others can shine too.

It seems I haven't posted my opinion on the final

If I had a fraction of the ability Lightning has, and that happened to me, I would put absolutely everything I possibly could into beating him in the final in Monaco. I'd ruin him. I'm a bit amazed at myself for seeing the best European GT player as an underdog, but that's the way it is. And since you're now a fully-fledged member of R4M, I'm sure you can.

Also, the crowd around Latkovski's rig going nuts at that replay was even funnier than the Pro-Am race on the Friday.

I was watching SuperGT’s stream today and he said the after party seemed subdued, Yamaguchi was displeased about how things went down.

Was he unhappy about Froga, Lakovski, Hizal, fan reactions, Bluemoon bumperfest, Spa licensing? Could be anything.

Yamaguchi was displeased about how things went down.
Nah. She did OK.

people_nancy_kerrigan_kristi_yamaguchi_92224_c0-128-3000-1877_s885x516.jpg

And that's a big issue. There was enough there for the investigation to start, and above all, be communicated to you and Igor. The fact they didn't do it, makes it seem like they were waiting to see how the race would turn out and if you would just swallow the bs. I'm glad you didn't and I'm glad the video of the incident came out.

Last time, when Lopez was pushed through the last corner by Cody, I understand why the penalty came after the race finish. It was the last corner and there was no time to investigate and apply a penalty in time. But last Sunday, they had 4 laps to do it. There was no excuse imo.

I just had a quick look at two things on this.

Firstly, Tom announces the result is being looked at about 2hrs 52 mins into the stream. The drivers are shown gathered around Cody approx. 7 minutes later, which is after the penalty was announced.

Secondly, when the race was over, I wanted to see what Fraga and Hizal did in real time. Fraga did not go over to Hizal, he turned and walked away, handing his gloves off to someone. Maybe he glanced and saw the look on his face, who knows. Hizal then got up and walked away to his left where some other drivers were sat. I think Fraga knew what he'd done, also reflected in his answers to questions post race. I've respect and admiration for what Fraga can do in this game e.g. his pace at Le Mans on the harder tyres in a previous round, but he's definitely tainted that now. I'm sure it won't impact on his racing career going forward but everyone "knows" now. I assume the Facebook post is meant to be cryptic. I'm sure Schumacher had similar nonsense to wheel out after his punts (and attempted punts) to win (Hill), or try to win (Villeneuve), WDCs back in the day.

The next instalment should be fascinating.

PS. Sorry for referring to @TRL LIGHTNING by his surname. Trying to be consistent but feels odd talking about him in that way when he's "in the room".

I don't know if anyone watches Jimmer's streams but he made a reference to "Fraga strats", when the AI lifted in Parabolica and caused him to run into the back of him during his race at Monza this evening (end of lap 49 if you're interested). LOL.

It's already a Meme.

It's already a Meme.
We have a group on Tuesday nights. As a little warm-down at the end we let loose with a 260mph+ "dirty" race (max power, min weight Mach40s at SSRX; they'll do 250mph on their own, 290mph with enough slipstream and bump-drafting).

There is much skullduggery, and more than one of us has met our demise on the end of the pit wall at a couple hundred miles an hour. Tactics vary from just straight up punting to leaning someone onto the barriers at the top of the banking.

Last night, one of our number scythed across the track to put another into the wall as they were passing, while yelling "COOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYY!". I'd nearly recovered from that when I got brake-checked at 270mph by someone screaming "IGOOOOOOOOOOOR!".

Hell yes it's a meme.

GT Sport Driving Etiquette
Don't do anything that might make you look bad.

This is an interesting video from Jimmy and I agree with much of what he said. Basically Fraga used fantastic race craft but pushed it a little too far. While Hizal has the speed. But needs more experience racing in pressured situations. So often in motorsport you can pick-up the pieces and triumph.

Also made a very good point about the drivers personalities now coming through. People are not just tuning into some random guys playing GT in the hope of catching new content. They’re engaged in the racing and care about the outcomes. Personally, I’m waiting for Cody to have a redemption story. Where he returns and wins one of these events outright!

Last edited:
We have a group on Tuesday nights. As a little warm-down at the end we let loose with a 260mph+ "dirty" race (max power, min weight Mach40s at SSRX; they'll do 250mph on their own, 290mph with enough slipstream and bump-drafting).

There is much skullduggery, and more than one of us has met our demise on the end of the pit wall at a couple hundred miles an hour. Tactics vary from just straight up punting to leaning someone onto the barriers at the top of the banking.

Last night, one of our number scythed across the track to put another into the wall as they were passing, while yelling "COOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYY!". I'd nearly recovered from that when I got brake-checked at 270mph by someone screaming "IGOOOOOOOOOOOR!".

Hell yes it's a meme.
Which reminds me, when talking about last night's manu race, I referred to the second last corner at Sardegna A, the tight left hander, as "Coque Corner" :lol:

I was watching SuperGT’s stream today and he said the after party seemed subdued, Yamaguchi was displeased about how things went down.

Was he unhappy about Froga, Lakovski, Hizal, fan reactions, Bluemoon bumperfest, Spa licensing? Could be anything.

Have you got a link to that stream?

Hell yes it's a meme.
Can I join this group?

On the stewarding at these events. If I'm remembering right, there's 3 with one floating.

Couldn't PD make use of a few of the race craft savvy veteran drivers from each competition to help out? They likely know more about nuances of the game than the stewards do and would be ideal for advising them. Eyes on each player can only be a good thing, even if it's only to signal the hired stewards over. It could be a good deterrent to naughtiness.

Bias shouldn't be a problem with all the nationalities and the stewards will get the final say anyway.

We wouldn't want LIGHTNING standing behind Fraga though. Penalty. Penalty. Stop and Go. Penalty...:lol:

Back