Local Black-Out

The other day, Thursday, power went out where I lived for about 2 hours. It wasn't just my house it was like the entire Salt Lake City that didn't have power.

What really happened was a semi ran into a conducter(?) or some essential component on a major road and threw 3 or 4 power plants off line. And it took the workers 2 hours to fix it.

Media couldn't get past terrorism. I turned on the TV a couple of minutes after the power clicked on and all the local stations were filled with TERRORISM. Was this an act of terrorism. Was Utah next on the list blah blah BLAH.

It just blew my mind that people would think a simple power outage, was terrorism. And more then that, how fast they jumped to the conclusion of terrorism.

I think everyone is really really paranoid. And maybe they should be. I turned on fox news today and sitting in the corner of the screen is "Terrorism alert HIGH" or something a lot like that. I don't think they should be showing that to the bulk of society. Makes people trip out.

Yeah, it is sad that people will jump to that conclusion without knowing the facts, especially the media.

Originally posted by infallible
Was Utah next on the list blah blah BLAH.

Yes, I'm very sure that the terrorists will pass up all of the important targets and take down some distinguished mormon churches. Ski Utah!

Remember the Gulf War? Remember watching the war? It was the highest rated prime time show. Yes, terrorism sells. The media terrorize us with the threat of terrorism. But we think they help us.

And I sorta doubt Utah is a big terrorist target, as is Arizona.

Yeah, even a few members here have called me a terrorist.

Every car accident at speeds above posted limits are considered "road rage".

The media uses the most generic catch-phrases to grab hold of generic people, and puts vague ideas in their head so they appear smart.

Originally posted by sn00pie
I guess terrorism sells! It's become the exploitation of the year, pretty ironic.

This is pretty much the bottom line of it all. The more the local media scares the public, the more you be inclined to stay home to "avoid the danger" and watch their station more.

I would like to think the better part of the population thinks its more annoying then scary.

We're a terrorist training ground, apparently. And we have flight schools, too.

Sheesh, do all of you come from the same state?

I was on a roll - Ski Utah, Grand Canyon State, Sunshine State...

Illinois is where the stockyards are. Terrorists become hot dogs there.

Originally posted by infallible
The other day, Thursday, power went out where I lived for about 2 hours. It wasn't just my house it was like the entire Salt Lake City that didn't have power.

What really happened was a semi ran into a conducter(?) or some essential component on a major road and threw 3 or 4 power plants off line. And it took the workers 2 hours to fix it.

Media couldn't get past terrorism. I turned on the TV a couple of minutes after the power clicked on and all the local stations were filled with TERRORISM. Was this an act of terrorism. Was Utah next on the list blah blah BLAH.

It just blew my mind that people would think a simple power outage, was terrorism. And more then that, how fast they jumped to the conclusion of terrorism.

I think everyone is really really paranoid. And maybe they should be. I turned on fox news today and sitting in the corner of the screen is "Terrorism alert HIGH" or something a lot like that. I don't think they should be showing that to the bulk of society. Makes people trip out.

Yep, another reason why I can't stand the country I live in. Too many gullible and brainless morons that are 'gunho' on the 'war on terror'. When will they learn that if we DON"T GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO HATE US WE HAVE NO PROBLEM??????

Originally posted by rjensen11
Yep, another reason why I can't stand the country I live in. Too many gullible and brainless morons that are 'gunho' on the 'war on terror'. When will they learn that if we DON"T GIVE PEOPLE A REASON TO HATE US WE HAVE NO PROBLEM??????

Why do you still live here, then?

Originally posted by rjensen11
You can't stand to Discover Minnesota, where there's 10,000 Lakes?

Originally posted by milefile
I'd use those same two words to interpret the meaninglessness of your statement "I can't stand the country I live in."
Same. When I was 14, I was saying the exact same things.

But we shouldn't shatter his dreams, since shattering hurts, and we know that It Shouldn't Hurt To Be A Child.

Latest Posts

Back