Logitech DF and steering assist

• Thread starter Mr. Wendal
  • 14 comments
Yes, i know this has been sort of covered before, but i need help. I have a Logitech Driving Force and in GT4P it does not respond correctly on any driving setting.

Can some one with a wheel do this test for me? Do a burnout / doughnut. Floor it with traction control off and the wheel at full lock from a standing start on all different steering assist options.

No matter what you pick it straightens the wheels for you after picking up some speed, even though you have the wheel turned at full lock. It does this in corners to, preventing any kind of serious oversteer. It makes it impossible to "spin out" at a corner and instead straightens the wheels, taking you to the outside wall.

Is it just the DF that does this or is it all wheels? It did a similar thing in GT3 too. Can some one please do the test and let me know!!!

Mr. Wendal
Yes, i know this has been sort of covered before, but i need help. I have a Logitech Driving Force and in GT4P it does not respond correctly on any driving setting.

Can some one with a wheel do this test for me? Do a burnout / doughnut. Floor it with traction control off and the wheel at full lock from a standing start on all different steering assist options.

No matter what you pick it straightens the wheels for you after picking up some speed, even though you have the wheel turned at full lock. It does this in corners to, preventing any kind of serious oversteer. It makes it impossible to "spin out" at a corner and instead straightens the wheels, taking you to the outside wall.

Is it just the DF that does this or is it all wheels? It did a similar thing in GT3 too. Can some one please do the test and let me know!!!

All wheels and controllers do that exept the Logitech Driving Force Pro (the wheel specially made for GT4)

Only with the Driving Force Pro will you be able to steering without the steering assist. So you can lock the wheel anytime you want.

Ummm, thanks for the help ... i guess ...

Breaker Ohio ... please tell me that English is your second language. If so then your poor use of it is forgivable. I do not understand statements like
"Only with the Driving Force Pro will you be able to steering without the steering assist"
because they do not make any sense.

The video was also of no help because the camera angles you have chosen do not focus on the front wheels at all and the steering indicator was not displayed, was not switched on in replay options.

But thanks anyway, i seem to understand that this comment
I had the wheel fully locked doing donuts, no steering assists present, works like in real life.
seems to mean that the wheels are not straightened with the DF Pro - although this seems to conflict with Washabi's statement. Could one of you please tell me exactly what DF wheels you are using and what steering assist option you have the game set to.

Sorry for being rude.

The video was also of no help because the camera angles you have chosen do not focus on the front wheels at all and the steering indicator was not displayed, was not switched on in replay options.

1. maybe that´s because you can´t "choose" camera angles.
2. there is no steering indicator in GT4P

cheers

Oops. Sorry. Forgot.
Can some one just please tell me in plain english: do the front wheels straighten when doing burnouts with the new DF Pro, even if you keep the steering wheel turned at full lock.

YES OR NO.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Well, now i have to buy the DF Pro *sigh*

Mr. Wendal
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
please write that a hundred more times :lol: :scared:

Mr. Wendal
Breaker Ohio ... please tell me that English is your second language. If so then your poor use of it is forgivable. I do not understand statements like because they do not make any sense.
I do understand it ... probably it helps if English is not your first language :)

BreakerOhio : great movie 👍 👍

Why did PD wait till GT4 to get rid of that steering assistance? And now it's finally unselectable we have to buy their new wheel to get rid of it :yuck:

Buggy Boy
I do understand it ... probably it helps if English is not your first language :)

BreakerOhio : great movie 👍 👍

Why did PD wait till GT4 to get rid of that steering assistance? And now it's finally unselectable we have to buy their new wheel to get rid of it :yuck:

My bad grammer is the result of my typo or because I'm just typing as fast as I think. I forget to proof read sometimes.

Latest Posts

Back