Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

15541_logitech_g25.jpg

The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is compatible with current racing titles, such as rFactor™ and Live for Speed, as well as several other PC racing titles currently in development. The wheel can also be used with any PlayStation®2 game that is compatible with other Logitech force-feedback wheels, including the Logitech® Driving Force™ and Logitech® Driving Force™ Pro.
...Its suggested retail price in the U.S. is $299.99.

I'll wait to see the pedals before I make a judgement, but so far, it's looking good.

This is a nice wheel I must say!
I especially like:

* The shifter and how its able to switch between sequential and standard 6-speed! 👍
* That Logitech has decided to start using higher quality materials on their wheels, ala the old Logitech MOMO (Red one) wheel and that these wheels are also able to be used on both a PC as well as the PS2!

It'll be nice to see it up close and personal though when it's released later this year! Not worried about the pedals though, seeing as I recently upgraded mine...Though they will only work if the pedal plug, which plugs into the back of the wheel base, is the same as on the DFP...otherwise my pedals won't work!

But overall, this looks good!

One thing I don't like though is where they put the directional pad... I use it regularily to have a quick glance left/right, but I guess that wouldn't be as easy with that configuration, especially while shifting.

Perhaps it's a good excuse to get one of these with it... :D

It looks fantastic, but I'd like to see the pedals too. I won't be able to afford it for a while, but I'm very interested in getting this at some point down the line.

All I have to say is this thing better have a ****in clutch!
Other then that I can't wait to spend a sleepless night debating over droppin 3 bills US on this little number ;)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I WANT THAT SO BAD!!! When does it come out?? I'll be the first to buy it. Then I can do away with the DFP + MC2 thing and have a setup 3 times better

IT BETTER HAVE DAMN CLUTCH PEDAL OR I'LL KILL.

Yes, it does have a clutch.

Now I gotta figure out how I'm going to mount both the wheel AND the shifter/console.

Edit: Also, those paddle shifters look pretty nice!

jedikd
does anyone know if the 6-speed works with GT4?
emmanuelle_m89
does 6 speed shifter work with GT4 and the clutch?

No.

SimRaceDriver
* The shifter and how its able to switch between sequential and standard 6-speed! 👍

It's not exactly "standard" for all cars... :indiff:
mshiftknobcropped0sn.jpg

image20uu.jpg

A relatively small flaw, but it could have been easily fixed by making the shifter an 8-gate, and thus more versatile. Personally, I would have preferred to be able to use the upper-left corner for reverse, as that's what I'm used to with my car.

Otherwise, I'm loving this thing, and I'll be getting one for sure....I just hope they sell the pedals/shifter individually, because other than the size, simplicity, and maybe the motors, the wheel doesn't offer much that the DFP doesn't already offer. It would be nice to be able to upgrade the pedals and shifter, and worry about upgrading the wheel when my DFP breaks. :)

ummm... anyone interested in buying a slightly used Driving force pro for $300 it's got.... ummm... 900 degree steering... brake and gas pedals, seq. shifter... and... ummm... okay i'll throw in my soul for free!!!! :dopey: :dopey:

shouldn't it be electronically relatively simple to make a 'universal' gated shifter? it would just have to be designed in such a way that, from first gear, the contact for the R1 button was only made if you shifted to second gear, and so on...wonder why they don't do that? i'm sure someone smarter will post and explain why that's impossible, but, yeah. :)

Agent Smith
That's asking a bit much from a mass market consumer product.
Frex does the specialty stuff nicely, if you're really serious about your sims. :)

Indeed, but a complete set (clutch, h-shifter, wheel (the FF unit isn't made by Frex, in most cases it's a DFP) will set you back for at least 3 times that price... If the pedals structure is all metal, It'll be quite a good deal.

Wolfe2x7 - wheel is suppose to be better as they say:
And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic and quiet experience.
- What i understand is that it won't have that DFP gear feel on wheel.... am i right ?

Whats bother me is that limited edition, it could be hard to buy this babe :indiff:
also i except it to work with PS3 and GT5, it would be shame if it wouldn't.... or if GT5 couldn't use clutch or h-shifter....... Yes i know that would be suicide for PD. I hope Logitech will make more of this beauty, maybe they don't expect to sell so well, but its almost sure it would be quite popular even with this price tag, after all its all sim fan desire :dopey:

Back