VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Welcome to the Logitech Legacy Support Campaign Head Quarters thread

Right, that's it, I've had enough! After hearing reports that Logitech have now resorted to deleting posts off of their Facebook page concerning customer inquires about support of their older wheels on PS4, I no longer have any patience left & feel I need to act. I hope you feel the same, & if so you've come to the right place.

Campaign To Write A Review on Amazon

Time to get proactive guys! Did you know that you can write a review on Amazon before a product gets released? Let them know how you feel about their solution to PS4 compatibility, the G29. How do you feel about having to junk your perfectly good G27/G25/DFGT to buy an overpriced replacement? Write a review on Amazon & let them know. They may be able to delete posts off of their facebook page, but they won't be able to do the same on Amazon.

Sorry Logitech, but you have brought this on yourself by your willful ignorance of your own loyal customer base by not answering their simple inquiries regarding legacy support of older wheels.

Twitter & Facebook Inquiries

Please continue to inquire on Facebook & Twitter regarding support for your existing Logitech products, perhaps together we can wear out the delete buttons on their keyboards!

:mischievous:

Project CARS Forum mirror thread is here.

Last edited:
Are we sure Logitech are to blame for lack of legacy support?

Not entirely, no. But they are to blame for not answering their customers inquiries regarding it, & for trying to bury them by deleting posts off of their Facebook page.

Are we sure what "legacy device" really means? I'm starting to think, no.

PS: I was peed off as the next guy but hey, I think it's time to move on, we had a fun ride.

Are we sure what "legacy device" really means? I'm starting to think, no.

PS: I was peed off as the next guy but hey, I think it's time to move on, we had a fun ride.

I don't know what "legacy device" means, but as for legacy support of older wheels, it kind of speaks for itself. To make it clear, we're talking about older wheels like the G25/G27/DFGT etc. I have updated the OP to avoid any confusion.

Unfortunately not everyone has the money to move on, if you're happy with that then fair enough, but please respect the fact that many others are not so happy.

👍

I don't support this "campaign" as I think it's a complete waste of time and effort.

I can't see how a small group of Internet yahoos on a racing games fansite will change the minds of a big corporate organisation.

Logitech could simply just slap it down for all we know.

I want to be proved wrong but I simply can't see this working.

I don't support this "campaign" as I think it's a complete waste of time and effort.

I can't see how a small group of Internet yahoos on a racing games fansite will change the minds of a big corporate organisation.

With a defeatist attitude like that, it most certainly won't work will it! Write a review on Amazon & give your 2 cents worth, see if anything happens.

👍

VBR
With a defeatist attitude like that, it most certainly won't work will it! Write a review on Amazon & give your 2 cents worth, see if anything happens.

👍

I gave up ages ago and moved back to arcade racers and other genres.

Unless there's like a huge hashtag campaign on Twitter and whatnot, this campaign is destined to fail.

Unless there's like a huge hashtag campaign on Twitter and whatnot, this campaign is destined to fail.

See third bold heading in the OP!

:dunce:

VBR
I don't know what "legacy device" means, but as for legacy support of older wheels, it kind of speaks for itself. To make it clear, we're talking about older wheels like the G25/G27/DFGT etc. I have updated the OP to avoid any confusion.

Unfortunately not everyone has the money to move on, if you're happy with that then fair enough, but please respect the fact that many other are not so happy.

👍

Sorry for the harsh reply my man. I agree that it does suck to have to upgrade while our devices are fully functional, but we have to realize that out dated hardware is that, outdated. I got lucky because my G27, which I bought in 2010, died so it was either upgrade or use a controller.

Back to the campaign, I'd say the best way to accomplish anything (rather than starting a smear campaign) is to boycott Logitech. Starting flame bait over at Amazon (or any other store fronts) won't accomplish a thing except maybe get users review privileges banned or something.

To note: Legacy devices typically don't receive any support, look at the PC guys, they're using drivers from 2010, what do you think the chances of them [Logitech] writing drivers specifically for the PS4? Slim to none as there's literally no money in it (hence new wheel coming=profit).

Reactions: VBR
@Bluntified - That's the irony though isn't it! Firstly the G27 is not really outdated, it's still a current product that Logitech sell on their website. Secondly, the G29 uses the exact same "outdated" technology that we're expected to pay for to replace our G27's that come with shifters & a three year warranty (as opposed to the G29's 2 year warranty).

The reviews on Amazon are not intended to be part of a smear campaign or flame bait, but just to express our individual feelings towards Logitech's solution to PS4 compatibility, & the way they're handling customer inquiries regarding these issues.

Technically speaking, the G27 & DFGT aren't legacy devices, they are current products. The G25, however, is properly called a legacy device as it is no longer being manufactured.

Thrustmaster & Fanatec have managed to get support for some of their older wheels, so why not Logitech as well? I therefore presume Logitech have made a choice, & I doubt it's one that Sony have made for them.

Last edited:

Every single successful petition, internet/social media campaign etc. starts with a single post by a single individual. You never know whether something will spark a groundswell of general support and take off. Get enough people involved and Logitech will have to address the issue head on instead of not addressing it at all. If you don't try, you can't succeed.

While we are at it I want to start the same campaign with Epson. My printer would not print photos when I went from XP to Win7. I threw out a perfectly good 10 year old printer! ;-)

Get over it. Forward compatibility is not guaranteed by anyone.
Were they still selling your printer in the store as a new product after 10 years? Not likely, as most pc related equipment was only sold for a year or two at the most before being replaced by something newer/better/faster/cheaper by the same manufacturer. G27 on the other hand, will function perfectly well with any current hardware, including my new pc which costs significantly more than a console and can currently be found for sale at major retailers. Indeed, their "new" wheel appears to be a rehash of the G27 with a new wheel attached and a better optical sensor.

This isn't forward compatibility with a decade old product we're talking about, it's something that's currently available and compatible with all current hardware, given the right drivers.

This isn't forward compatibility with a decade old product we're talking about, it's something that's currently available and compatible with all current hardware, given the right drivers.

They are still selling PS3 games that DON"T work in a PS4. Another example of a 10 year old product that we should start a petition for? And you can still buy brand new PS3s too that don't play PS4 games.

Should I remind you GT6 was released on an obsolete platform?

As you have rightly pointed out the G27s are still working fine on PCs so there is their market niche. Or do you want to say that all peripherals should work on all platforms now? e.g PS3 controllers on XBones or Wiis

Also is this a good time to mention I own a near new G27 and have a Fanatech Porsche GT2 wheel that they tried to get to work with PCARS and is an abysmal failure?

And don't talk me about PCs either and the way every time I wanted to upgrade there was always some reason why the PSU and case just wasn't compatible with the new MB etc. e,g the voltages were wrong, the cooling wasn't enough, etc.

Get over it and move on. I have.

@VBR Links to the respective Amazon sites in the op maybe?

I voted yes. I've got 2 G27s and I can't junk both of them for an overpriced replacement.

I mean goodness, the G29 optional shifter doesn't even work with the PS3. What kind of rubbish is that?!?!

Were they still selling your printer in the store as a new product after 10 years? Not likely, as most pc related equipment was only sold for a year or two at the most before being replaced by something newer/better/faster/cheaper by the same manufacturer. G27 on the other hand, will function perfectly well with any current hardware, including my new pc which costs significantly more than a console and can currently be found for sale at major retailers. Indeed, their "new" wheel appears to be a rehash of the G27 with a new wheel attached and a better optical sensor.

The comparison with the PC situation isn’t very pertinent IMHO; you can build your own choosing components from different specifications and brands, adapt your personal configuration and more or less decide on your operating system software.

A console is a very different type of product as it is a closed platform and ecosystem controlled and ruled by a unique manufacturer.

People often mention Skull-girls as an evidence that all you need is a will to have your way for a compatibility driver but forget to mention or overlook that Lab Zero’s initiative wouldn’t have been possible without a) Sony’s Blessing b) the input of a first party programmer to finalize the code (an eventual hint that all SDK aren’t made equal?). The comparison is further invalidated by the fact that assigning a directional joystick and half a dozen of buttons is nowhere near comparable to implementing a full fledged FFB into a game and have it accurately interact with the peripheral. There may also have been some architectural choices that make the task further difficult to handle: there are multiple threads regarding wheel configs, setups and hick-ups to somehow confirm that even with advertised compatibility, wheel support on PS4 is far from a walk in the park.

Ultimately Sony remains the gatekeeper of it’s PS4 platform, and I have very little doubt they hold the keys to potentially unlock legacy support, if only a clumsy one.

Concerning Logitech specifically we can not forget that they have been the partner of choice on Playstation for a while. What we do ignore however is the motivations that lead PD to switch to Thrustmaster in the course of GT5P/GT5 development. Of course, you could argue it was a separation by mutual consent, but I’m skeptical. Chances are the current situation is the result of a relation that has left some bitterness, unlikely helped by third parties and further commercial agreement that will quite obviously remain undisclosed.

At this point I feel like a collateral damage of various businesses decisions involving brands I’m a customer of, but unfortunately not in a position to effectively point responsibilities. Definitely not the most enjoyable situation. So with no further evolution I’ll probably move my racing gaming and Logitech wheel to a friendlier platform...

:lol:

Без име.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back