Logitech Reveals G923 Wheel for PlayStation and Xbox

That is funny. Shop in Poland already revealed it

Logitech G923 with new TrueForce Force Feedback.
I have seen some mention of this floating around, however the wheel has Xbox buttons and the description of "TrueForce" is somewhat limited. However I do note that the dial (which is terrible on the G29/920) has changed, which would be interesting.

Looks extremly familiar. However, im not a tech expert, so who knows if its the same tech again. In either case, i will stick with my TGT, but im just curious what Logitech is doing here.
Pretty much same here. I am definitely sticking with my TM T300RS-GT, but I am rather intrigued by Logitech's choice to release a new wheel rather than new or better peripherals. I am interested in whether they will discontinue support for the G29 and whether it will be PS5 compatible, which would likely make the new wheel pretty irrelevant.

Can't wait! Wheels are expensive, and all I can afford is Logitech's offerings which are functional and complete (clutch and H-shifter). I really hope the shifter face buttons make a comeback from the G27, as these offered so much more custom control options than the G920. I've owned both the G27 and G920 and both have their ups and downs. I hope all those little quirks get polished with these new wheels.

My wallet is ready.

TrueForce or not, the game's FFB engine has to be excellent or the TrueForce is nothing.
Well that's the point of Trueforce. We're speaking directly to the physics and audio engines of the supported games so we're removing the layer of abstraction.

Well that's the point of Trueforce. We're speaking directly to the physics and audio engines of the supported games so we're removing the layer of abstraction.
Problem is that most game developers can't get the FFB right. Only a few. Let's hope that game developers include a TrueForce update in the very near future.

IMHO, a simple load cell brake pedal is more interesting than TrueForce. As I said, my personal opinion.
You can always use a load cell brake pedal (or something similar, like the Truebrake) but not TrueForce. But I know that most people want very good FFB.

It is even possible that I will get the PS5 version of this TrueForce wheel. I still have a G27, am happy with it except the brake pedal but if I should buy a PS5, I need a new wheel and maybe, just maybe I will get the "G923" PC/PS5 version. Whatever it will be called. Logitech missed an opportunity by not adapting the brake pedal. Or is the brake pedal a "Force instead of travel" brake pedal and it will be revealed today?
If not, I think that Logitech should develop something similar like the Truebrake, sold separately for all G-steering wheels.

I haven't had a good night sleep in a couple of days, so maybe I'm talking nonsense, I don't know because I can't tell. I'm sitting here have asleep. :sly:

GRID will get TrueForce Update

Strange game to promote new "ultra realistic" Force Feedback.

Must admit at first I thought it was Project Cars 3 then yeh, quickly realised it was Grid.

Am intrigued though, curious to see what people think of it compared to G29. Also wonder if the brake pedal is the same with the rubber block or if they’ve been more refined?

So we have removed the rubber block and instead implemented a progressive spring. So you get that build up of force the more you press the pedal, but you get more movement than we have in G29/G920.

The difference Trueforce makes to the FFB is genuine. GRID may be considered more of a simcade title, but you can still turn off all the assists and it becomes a much more challenging sim as a result. Trueforce makes the main wheel forces feel smoother and more nuanced, but then add in the extra tactile forces that we can now transmit which are hooked directly into the engine note, road surface and tyre audio and it's something else.

If that's not sim enough for you, then ACC has support already and again that makes a huge difference to how the wheel feels. Kunos were in the middle of implementing their newer tyre model whilst they were integrating Trueforce and they told us that they could feel the difference that the new tyre model was making, because of the fidelity of Trueforce.

So we have removed the rubber block and instead implemented a progressive spring. So you get that build up of force the more you press the pedal, but you get more movement than we have in G29/G920.

The difference Trueforce makes to the FFB is genuine. GRID may be considered more of a simcade title, but you can still turn off all the assists and it becomes a much more challenging sim as a result. Trueforce makes the main wheel forces feel smoother and more nuanced, but then add in the extra tactile forces that we can now transmit which are hooked directly into the engine note, road surface and tyre audio and it's something else.

If that's not sim enough for you, then ACC has support already and again that makes a huge difference to how the wheel feels. Kunos were in the middle of implementing their newer tyre model whilst they were integrating Trueforce and they told us that they could feel the difference that the new tyre model was making, because of the fidelity of Trueforce.

Many thanks for the insight. Sounds really intriguing and would love to see some more hands-on videos comparing it to the older wheels. Tempted to try and mod the G29 brake pedal in the old set I have to try and improve the feel but always been a bit paranoid that it would ruin the way it’s integrated into games. Guess there’s no harm in trying though.

That's nice to hear. I only wish Logitech would make StickShift with two modes: H-Pattern and Sequential like it used to be. WRC rally on paddles isn't that fun in my opinion.

The only advantage for me this new wheel has:
  • It fits my new self-build cockpit perfectly.
  • It is PC/PS5 compatible
  • Truebrake thing fits in the brake pedal. Or is compatible with the T-LCM pedals
But if the PS5 does not have a PSVR2, I will probably not get the PS5 and stick with my G27 with a Truebrake or the T-LCM pedals.

Hey all,

Interested in finding out what everyone thinks about the new G923 in comparison to the G29/920, as from what I have learnt they are pretty much the same other than feeling engine vibrations. What are your thoughts? Are you going to upgrade? (Just noticed typo in the title, sorry!)

I've squelched all of the G923 threads together, because reasons. However I think GTPlanet would greatly benefit from @LOGI_Rich sending us a model to check out :D

G29 was way cheaper for many years, i bought mine back in 2016 for about 250 €. 400 € sounds like an update that should position this wheel between the G29 and Thrustmaster offerings like the TGT. But its a bit small and the pedals, too. Materials are still mainly plastic, i suppose. G29 didnt felt great in thst regard. So i suppose this is still a good entry level wheel for people who want at least decent ffb. Big question is how that True Force really feels and if it makes a real difference. Or if its just a hyped gimmick like the TDFB on the TGT.

Back