Logitech Reveals G923 Wheel for PlayStation and Xbox

Seriously curious what this trueforce feels like and if there is a discernable difference. Also, have the internals been upgraded to belt drive?
$399 is a tall order for plastic gearing.
From what I have learnt the TrueForce essentially only gives small vibrations to give the feel of the engine underneath you, but other than that it's still on the exact same motors and gears as the G29/920 was. Trueforce would be the only hardware reason to upgrade (but I don't think its worth it at all), and then I think a better option (especially at the G923's price range) would be a T300RS-GT.

@LOGI_Rich
Thank you for taking questions from the community. I hope I might be able to ask a couple questions.

1. Has anything improved for reliability? As an owner of a G29 that bought into all the anecdotal evidence of internet posts claiming Logitech reliability, I was not pleased when my G29 suddenly died without warning just outside of the warranty period.

2. Has anything changed regarding Logitech’s support for their peripherals? Since my G29 has died outside of the warranty period, I have been informed by the support team in no uncertain terms that not only are there are no options for repair, but that there is nothing they can do to assist such a situation, regardless of cost. The options available with the G29 appeared to be a replacement unit for owners within warranty, or a completely hands-off approach for any users outside of warranty.

As a G29 owner that has been burnt once and is looking to purchase a replacement, I am genuinely concerned with the reliability and support of any product going forward. Any insight into the G923 would be most appreciated.

Remains to be seen what this trueforce is. My bet is logitechs version of Thrustmaster T-GTs T-DFB -rumble effect. If so I dont think much of it. T-DFB (which i turn off even on GT Sport) together with g25/g27/g29 clunky gear-driven FFB.. sounds like sega rally arcade machine to me.

They better go back to 299 -price range if the mechanics are from g29. Hope they atleast have fixed the magnetic rotation sensor, which I think is the main defect weak link in G29/920.. and the cable through the steering wheel axle that loosened the internal connectors over time.
The motor and gears are the exact same as the G29/920, and what I have learnt TrueForce only gives you the feel of the engine humming in your hands, so nothing that makes the driving experience actually 'better' only more immersive. if you're considering buying a new wheel at that price point ($400) then I would consider a thrustmaster T300RS, as it's belt driven, better quality and lasts forever. Just my 2 cents!

I've squelched all of the G923 threads together, because reasons. However I think GTPlanet would greatly benefit from @LOGI_Rich sending us a model to check out :D
giphy.gif

People who said T300rs last forever really makes me laugh. T300rs is not the toughest/most realiable wheel that your money can buy thats for sure. On that note logitech is much more reliable in my opinion. Not to mention Thrustmaster ****** pedal that comes with it. Even the T3PA-pro felt like **** until they invent this new TLCM pedals

Definitely not rushed, trust me.

Hi Rich, I have had 4 G29's now over the past 5 years and now this new wheel black G29 lookalike comes out, I gotta ask... Have they updated the gear up when the paddle crushes it through time on the wheels mother board and have they upgraded the flimsy resin clamps to metal on the new wheel?

The reason I have replaced so many wheels is always one of 2 annoying reasons! It's either one of the clamps have snapped when tightening to the table or the gear up fails eventually and jumps up multiple gears at a time and makes racing impossible! If those 2 issues are fixed then I think you's will be on a winner 👍 If not then it's just a black G29 with a new name for a new game with the same problems unfortunately 👎:indiff:

Hi Rich, I have had 4 G29's now over the past 5 years and now this new wheel black G29 lookalike comes out, I gotta ask... Have they updated the gear up when the paddle crushes it through time on the wheels mother board and have they upgraded the flimsy resin clamps to metal on the new wheel?

The reason I have replaced so many wheels is always one of 2 annoying reasons! It's either one of the clamps have snapped when tightening to the table or the gear up fails eventually and jumps up multiple gears at a time and makes racing impossible! If those 2 issues are fixed then I think you's will be on a winner 👍 If not then it's just a black G29 with a new name for a new game with the same problems unfortunately 👎:indiff:
Hey buddy, with that money that you spent on 3 wheels, you should have gotten a playseat. They are worth it and you attach the wheel to a metal plate with metal screws.

People who said T300rs last forever really makes me laugh. T300rs is not the toughest/most realiable wheel that your money can buy thats for sure. On that note logitech is much more reliable in my opinion. Not to mention Thrustmaster ****** pedal that comes with it. Even the T3PA-pro felt like **** until they invent this new TLCM pedals

Yeah.. I love this wheel, but I must be honest. It was in repair 4 times (3 times after Warranty ended) on the other hand I know guy who repairs this wheels so i feel comfortable even if T300 break. With other wheels I wouldn't have easy and fast option to fix them.

BTW. Is this TrueForce Force Feedback the same thing (or similar) which had T-GT wheel? I remember that Thrustmaster was promoting new Force Feedback feature in this wheel (by the time only GT Sport had this)

Hey buddy, with that money that you spent on 3 wheels, you should have gotten a playseat. They are worth it and you attach the wheel to a metal plate with metal screws.

Yes I totally agree I need to buy a playseat as I have already been told my clamp issue is due to taking the wheel off the desk every time I am not racing to use the screen for movies (my set up is in my bedroom).. it makes total sense to me now if I don't keep untightening it then the clamps wont weaken and snap as easily! Doh!!! :dunce:👍

Thanks for the suggestion and best solution :cheers:

Thanks for your insight.
Would you think that this upcoming G923 would still be slightly below a T300, to name one?
My question is of course specific as I recently got one, and this new HD FFB sounds like a big change ( of course that would be Logitechs aim anyway ) and I do wonder if it would make sense to get it when it comes out by selling my t300.
We might reasonably wait for hands on but I’d be interested about your opinion too

I would remain cautious. As far as i understand the G923 is still using a gear system... which should be inferior to a belt driven system like the T300. We dont know yet what difference the True Force really makes. I think you should wait for Reviews from reliable sources before making a purchase. I would be surprised if the G923 is "better" then a T300, to be honest.

People who said T300rs last forever really makes me laugh. T300rs is not the toughest/most realiable wheel that your money can buy thats for sure. On that note logitech is much more reliable in my opinion

Regarding reliability I've had bad experience with logitech G27. First the optical encoder wheel broke, by the time I got that all fixed one of the shifters broke. Nightmare

I've never owned thrustmaster so I can't compare. Fanatec WB arrived with the belts loose (poor quality control) but due to it's simple design I was able to tighten them easily using only a 5mm allen key. All metal construction and simple design have made this the most reliable wheel I've owned.

I would remain cautious. As far as i understand the G923 is still using a gear system... which should be inferior to a belt driven system like the T300. We dont know yet what difference the True Force really makes. I think you should wait for Reviews from reliable sources before making a purchase. I would be surprised if the G923 is "better" then a T300, to be honest.

Google is your friend (there are already some comparative test with the T150 or the T300):

* Here: https://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/1266262/test-du-volant-logitech-g923-au-point-mort.htm (just use google translate)

* Here also (at the end of the video):

Will the dial be more consistent? When I try to use mine it doesn't work half the time, especially if I'm turning the wheel. It has been like this since it was new.

Yes I totally agree I need to buy a playseat as I have already been told my clamp issue is due to taking the wheel off the desk every time I am not racing to use the screen for movies (my set up is in my bedroom).. it makes total sense to me now if I don't keep untightening it then the clamps wont weaken and snap as easily! Doh!!! :dunce:👍

Thanks for the suggestion and best solution :cheers:
Actually if you want to get something that takes up less footprint than a playseat or rig, is sturdy yet easily flexible/foldable/can easily be shifted when not in use if you wish you should consider a Wheel Stand Pro. The base can either be attached with clamp or hard mounted in place on the plate to be more secure. I have one for many years now and highly recommend. Still going strong. Also more economically priced than a playset or rig. You should check it out. Here's a link for the US/Canada branch but you can choose other regions. Just choose the Wheel Stand Pro for your brand of wheel and pedals and you're good to go.

https://www.wheelstandpro.com/products/sim-racing

Last edited:
@whiteusagi Really sorry to hear that you had an issue with the G29; honestly, you are in a very small percentage of people there. We know our reliability rates and you'll know if you follow the community that this is a theme that is consistent. There are people still using G25 or DFGT wheels (or even older variants) today. Unfortunately when issues do occur outside of warranty we do not have facilities to perform repairs - sorry!

@iMatazzie Engine note is one thing, but there are so many more aspects of that tactile experience that genuinely do convey more information and help you tune into your car even more. Road surface, grip, lockups, flat spots - all of this information is part of that extra layer of input to a driver. I see people posting that you don't feel any of this stuff through the wheel of a real car, but in every car I've ever driven you can definitely feel all of this. It doesn't have to be obnoxiously loud to be helpful. Going back to a non-Trueforce wheel now feels like something is missing.

@Mr P Honestly, it always amazes me when people report broken clamp arms. They're made out of a glass-filled nylon and unless you're hitting them, they're unlikely to break easily; you can get spanners made out of this stuff! For the shifter... every part of our wheels are put through rigorous reliability test plans. That doesn't mean that we don't get failures in the field, but as per my response to whiteusagi we know these are a very low percentage of the install base.

@kikie I'm fairly certain that the G27 shifter was tested with the G923. I'll need to go and grab one from the office to check though. That'll be early next week now.

@davidt33 Don't forget the Playseat Challenge! Even better because you don't need to provide your own chair and it's a great driving position (plus it transmits Trueforce effects through the frame really nicely).

Why is everyone getting so salty?
If you don't want a gear driven wheel or potentiometer pedals then you can buy fanatec, and stump up the extra cash this requires.
Are these people so desperate to only ever buy logitech and upset that they aren't offering a wheel with high end specs? That's not logitechs market.

The logitech guy comes on and just gets a load of abuse! At least they are reaching out and giving us some info.

As for the value proposition, it feels like this is pitched between T150 and T300RS in terms of technology albeit with the tactile element but closer to T300RS for price so perhaps not great value, maybe that's why people are upset but again if you don't like it, don't buy it, no one is forcing you!

One thing I will say for logitech compared to competitors, they often seem to be sold with much bigger discounts from RRP.

The one thing against logitech I will say, with my old G25 now obsolete, I don't understand why they won't offer replacement kits for parts that wear like pedal potentiometers (I mean, they order a crap load of these things for first fit - why not order a few % more for spares, get a better price per piece, and could probably sell a 50p part for £5).

Last edited:
@whiteusagi Really sorry to hear that you had an issue with the G29; honestly, you are in a very small percentage of people there. We know our reliability rates and you'll know if you follow the community that this is a theme that is consistent. There are people still using G25 or DFGT wheels (or even older variants) today. Unfortunately when issues do occur outside of warranty we do not have facilities to perform repairs - sorry!

@iMatazzie Engine note is one thing, but there are so many more aspects of that tactile experience that genuinely do convey more information and help you tune into your car even more. Road surface, grip, lockups, flat spots - all of this information is part of that extra layer of input to a driver. I see people posting that you don't feel any of this stuff through the wheel of a real car, but in every car I've ever driven you can definitely feel all of this. It doesn't have to be obnoxiously loud to be helpful. Going back to a non-Trueforce wheel now feels like something is missing.

@Mr P Honestly, it always amazes me when people report broken clamp arms. They're made out of a glass-filled nylon and unless you're hitting them, they're unlikely to break easily; you can get spanners made out of this stuff! For the shifter... every part of our wheels are put through rigorous reliability test plans. That doesn't mean that we don't get failures in the field, but as per my response to whiteusagi we know these are a very low percentage of the install base.

@kikie I'm fairly certain that the G27 shifter was tested with the G923. I'll need to go and grab one from the office to check though. That'll be early next week now.

@davidt33 Don't forget the Playseat Challenge! Even better because you don't need to provide your own chair and it's a great driving position (plus it transmits Trueforce effects through the frame really nicely).
I'd also like to add my commendations to @LOGI_Rich . It's really nice to see a manufacturer's rep actively involved in a discussion forum/thread on the subject of their product and responding as best he can. So kudos for that.

This is a good step from Logitech. The wheel will feel familiar to the previous one. Buttons are on the same place.
The G29 is a great wheel, so why change it? Trueforce..... maybe it's great, maybe not. We'll see.
You don't have to buy it, nobody forces you. Enough altenatives in any pricerange. Logitech is just a player on the market.
Maybe not to upgrade, but for new players and people who have to replace a broken one, this is a great set.

I use a G29 and it is a great wheel. I always loved it.
I didn't like the non-lineair braking, the red turn knob not working properly and every now and then cleaning the potentiometers. Plus the position of the pause button :-), but it seems that I am the only one complaining about that. Every brand has it's own problems.
But that's really all. It is what it is and it gave me a real nice feeling of driving a car.
My next wheel will be a Fanatec, but Logitech gave me a damn good time with the G29.
Kudos for that.

The only thing i have to say about the subject is that people are overreacting, yes the price seems a bit high but will fall eventually and for example i bought my g29 for 175€ brand new, if someone try to force the opinion and arguments o reliability of t300 versus prices versus experience come on, T300 are not reliable far from that...
Fanatec or thrustmaster…, get real people Logitech isn´t aiming for that markets and its good for us to have an option at lower price points.

Putting a belt system or other superior parts will make the wheel super expensive and no one can ask that if there is already options and good ones at higher prices ranges.

Yes we all want more for less but Logitech will have to lower the price of this new wheel, g29 is still the best option concerning price/performance/reliability.
It´s a good choice for starters lets remember less then 200€ what can we ask more...
When i and anyone feel the need for a good upgrade the option is there at other price ranges, i think it´s fine has it is.

But important question, even though Sony just confirmed all ps4 wheels will be compatible with ps5, with this upgraded new Logitech wheel now, is Logitech going to lock out g29 owners of using their already paid and recently bought g29 on the ps5?

Please don't do this, and force us to buy a new wheel or ill go to another brand..

I love using my g29 on ps4 on sims and find it's a great product for the price.
It's still like new and it be pretty dissapointing if they did this to their past customers.
I read that it happened in the past and now with this announced similar but slightly upgraded wheel, just after Sony's compatibility announcement, it makes me worry if they will do this..

Last edited:
Definitely not rushed, trust me.

G29 will be compatible with PS5 too - all PS4-licensed wheels will be. And I've no idea why Oliver at Jeuxvideo thinks that we changed the leather to plastic - that is most definitely not the case.

Thankfull for that, then ill consider this new wheel down the line when mine starts to show wear and tear. And if it seems and revealing as being a genuine improvement in subtle ffb with little less notchy feel.
Bit worry for the brake pedal change, i like my g29 firm feel.

Thanks for replies here.

----
Edit: like a post said earlier here, still glad they cather to a reasonable price market wheel.
It's not a newbie wheel, you can get enough feedback to enjoy sims greatly, and feel and control as much as you put into it.

We all have different means at different points, priorities in budget, sensibilities.
Im not a pro perhaps but i surely am not a newb lol and i can appreciate, enjoy, feel, control well enough in sims with a g29.

It's not perfect for smoothness and subtlety but it works well and feels great, nice quality to me for the price. The pedal set is great, the shifter is nice, and you dont have to add 100s$ extra to get them.

Been enjoying sims for more than 20years, 25 maybe, i can't remember:D:lol:, on ps4 and on pc before that, and I'm enjoying at as much as ever now.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich Any particular reason you decided not to go with a load cell brake? End of the day, a better base certainly makes the overall experience better, but usually has a minimal impact on "going faster". Pedals, particularly pressure based do however "make you faster" (in addition to a better qualitative experience). Unless you have done something magical, a load cell is hard to beat. Hopefully this is something you consider as an upgrade or as an individual product. DIY solutions like Ricmotech aren't for everyone.

Thanks Rich 👍 I can assure you I don't hit the clamps haha :lol:

I'm obviously a bit heavy handed for plastic items.. you wanna see how many plastic and wooden brooms I have snapped in half over the years just trying to sweep up! anyway it seems taking the wheel on and off the base is where my problem lies! I think I am going to invest in a playseat to remedy it ;)

Thanks again for the reply :cheers:

Back