London Bridge/Borough Market Terror Incidents

Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
Not much information yet but there has been a "serious incident" on London Bridge.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-closed-after-serious-police-incident-reports

London Bridge has been closed after an incident on Saturday night, with a large number of emergency service vehicles attending the scene.

There are reports of casualties, with a witness telling the BBC that van had veered off the road and struck people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Note that some posts from other threads were moved here; @TenEightyOne was the actual OP of this thread, at post #12:

An incident, possibly related to terrorism, is ongoing at London Bridge and adjoining areas south of the river.

EDIT: This has been declared to be a terrorist incident

Firstly, if you're in the area then get yourself to safety, Facebook have also activated their "I'm Safe" feature. The BBC are also carrying live situational updates. Details are sketchy as one would expect but it appears that on London Bridge a van mounted the pavement and drove at pedestrians.

Stabbing incidents have been reported in Borough Market to the south of the bridge, some witnesses are suggesting that perpetrators ran from the van at London bridge towards the south (EDIT: This has been confirmed) although this has yet to be confirmed by police. A BBC reporter at London bridge reported that she heard gunshots (almost certainly from police, she says) on the bridge.

Armed units are also present at the incident in Borough Market. A further incident is ongoing in Vauxhall a few streets away, armed units are present there too.

EDIT: Police have confirmed that while there was a stabbing in Vauxhall this was not related to the London Bridge/Borough Market incident

Last edited:
Although it's hard to stop these things, if it is an attack, they probably shouldn't have downgraded the threat level so quickly.

Although it's hard to stop these things, if it is an attack, they probably shouldn't have downgraded the threat level so quickly.

That would be the case if they had credible aforesight of the attack. Otherwise we're talking in hindsight which is useless in terms of forseeing things.

An incident, possibly related to terrorism, is ongoing at London Bridge and adjoining areas south of the river.

EDIT: This has been declared to be a terrorist incident

Firstly, if you're in the area then get yourself to safety, Facebook have also activated their "I'm Safe" feature. The BBC are also carrying live situational updates. Details are sketchy as one would expect but it appears that on London Bridge a van mounted the pavement and drove at pedestrians.

Stabbing incidents have been reported in Borough Market to the south of the bridge, some witnesses are suggesting that perpetrators ran from the van at London bridge towards the south (EDIT: This has been confirmed) although this has yet to be confirmed by police. A BBC reporter at London bridge reported that she heard gunshots (almost certainly from police, she says) on the bridge.

Armed units are also present at the incident in Borough Market. A further incident is ongoing in Vauxhall a few streets away, armed units are present there too.

EDIT: Police have confirmed that while there was a stabbing in Vauxhall this was not related to the London Bridge/Borough Market incident

BBC
Natalie and Ben were coming up to the entrance of the underground on Borough High Street when they saw lots of people running.

The married couple witnessed someone being stabbed.

Ben said: "I saw a man in red with quite a large blade, I don't know the measurement I guess maybe 10 inches. He was stabbing a man...he stabbed him about three times fairly calmly.

"It looked the man had maybe been trying to intervene but there wasn't much that he could do he was being stabbed quite coldly and he slumped to the ground.

The attacker and another man walked off quite "boldly".

"A table was thrown, a bottle was thrown at the individual with the knife and then we heard three gunshots and we ran," he added.

Last edited:
Was just at Vauxhall a few hours ago. Strange site to attack being so close to the SIS building

I guess an attack anywhere in the centre of London is going to be close to a large number of important/famous sites. Sadly from the point of view of somebody wishing to mount an attack the streets are also going to be crowded.

ZRDldAr.png

...Just read about a van running over people on London Bridge but this stabbing thing is something new. My god, these "people" don't know when to give it a rest, don't they?! Barely a week out from the horrid Manchester incident, and we have another?

I do not want to jump to conclusions but man, the temptation is really strong.

EDIT - Treed.

Earlier footage of Police entering a nearby pub telling everyone to get down whilst presumably searching for assailants. You never see a video like this in real life... its quite harrowing.

Last edited:
3 times in 2 months what a joke, is someone playing blindfolded darts with the UK map to select the target? Sorry but this is getting ridiculous now and sickeningly repetitive... RIP to the innocent victims and thoughts for their families :(

Last edited by a moderator:
As horrible as this sounds, I hope the fatalities are kept to a minimum. And it sickens me to even be saying fatalities instead of just causalties.

Expect more of this this Ramadan sadly. ISIS declared that they would go all out.

At the risk of losing my attempts at being objective, is there a hell on Earth that we can throw all these disgusting excuses for human beings into? Sure this is not like the IRA where we used to have bombs in bins, but still. Disgraceful to a faith (if it indeed is ISIS related), a disgrace to humanity regardless.

Fox news is reporting an attack at Borough Market involving 5 men armed with big knives, yet to be apprehended.

Fox news is reporting an attack at Borough Market involving 5 men armed with big knives, yet to be apprehended.

It seems that it was three men who ran from the van at London Bridge to Borough Market. Armed police were in attendance during the last hour and "shots were fired".

Back