Long-Lost "Bullitt" Hero Car Ford Mustang Heads to Auction

Insane. Great back story, I'm going to guess 3.6million for a winning bid.

Jerome

Do hope whoever wins the auction keeps the car in it's current condition. Would be a shame to restore it.

Saw it at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show
10410ACC-9DD2-4C19-BBDE-F9E159830421.jpeg

Nice to see it's still intact and managed to escape being left to rot away in some forgotten studio backlot, like other famous cars were over the years.

When cars get this expensive/valuable I know there are two schools of thought, but I hope whoever buys it restores it. It would be really cool to see it exactly how it was on the big screen when the movie was first released. Also, I hope it ends up in a museum somewhere instead of stashed away in a climate-controlled warehouse.

Hammer fell (after an interminable time on the value) at $3.4m - or about $3.75m after fees. That's some 50% higher than the world record for a Mustang, previously $2.2m for a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, at Mecum KIssimmee 12 months ago.

I'm not sure whether that's an absolute steal for a completely unique piece of motoring and film history, or eyewateringly expensive for a beat up (the owners restored it, but kept it faithful to the period and the film) old green Mustang.

No need for the do not touch signs on this one lol
Someone drove it up the Goodwood Hill Climb in 2018. Imagine the paperwork from stacking that into the Hoy bales at Molecomb...

Latest Posts

Back