Longest drift

• Thread starter 424drifter
  • 48 comments
I know i haven’t been a prolific poster on this forum but drifting is something i have been doing since the early day's of GT3 but i have never been able to hold a long drift due to me being crap and not looking to deep into the subject of tuning and set up etc etc

I am not sure if this has been raised b4 but does any1 know of how long they can hold a drift for whats the longest. I have been putting alot of time and effort into trying to drift round the motegi ring not much luck though has anybody done this can we make a table of the longest drifters or 1offs

I nearly made the 270 degree turn in Autumn Ring II, thats probably my longest drift. Also made Tskubar last corner and apricott hill long corner in the middle.

I've attempted connecting the turns into the tunnel from turn 3 to turn 8 into another tunnel...but it doesn't work out. haha, i guess i could only do it in gt3 :).

As for gt4, i've done apricot hill, tsukaba, tokyo, etc etc. those are very easy corners with my r34.

I could hold the drift that doesn't need counter-steer, but throttle steer. If I have to much angle, the car tends to slow down and I lose my momentum(that's me)

I made the entire fourth corner of Tokyo 426 which was, oddly enough, my first ever drift. :)
And I haven't been able to do it since. :ill:

All of Autumn Ring Reverse (fully linked), as well as Autumn Ring Mini (I an II), Suzuka (the really short course), and Apricot Hill...

;)

Small_Fryz
I nearly made the 270 degree turn in Autumn Ring II, thats probably my longest drift. Also made Tskubar last corner and apricott hill long corner in the middle.

Dude, I link into and out of that turn almost every time. I get pissed off if I don't make it the whole way. IT'S ALL ABOUT THROTTLE CONTROL AND SMOOTH STEERING INPUT.

Does distance of linking turns w/o losing drift count, or is it just how long you can hold a drift in one direction?

If linking counts, for GT4 then, the last two turns at High Speed Ring Normal, about 8 sec. of drifting. (from the start of the right hand sweeper to the exit of the last turn) If it doesn't count then the 270* turn at Autumn Ring Normal

For GT3 with linking counting, Complex String Normal, start line to finish line, didn't straighten out once. 6:54.xxx lap time. (ie. 6:54.xxx of drifting) If it doesn't count then the last part of the snake at Complex String Normal, about 10 sec. of drifting.

I can drift every track in GT3, start line to finish line. It only takes about 20 tries on each track to get a perfect lap doing that with my 240sx.

The entire S in Midfield Normal in a Ford GT was pretty freaking cool.

Come around with high angle, hold it so your tail almost kisses the wall as you swing by where the grass cuts in exiting the tunnel, then feint it back around past the rumble strips and just saw the wheel/prod the gas til you come out pointed towards the next downhill straight.

Supercharged Miatas can just about do it too, I bet with a little Manji in between, they just don't want to carry enough speed to link the middle of the S fully.

rsmithdrift
Does distance of linking turns w/o losing drift count, or is it just how long you can hold a drift in one direction?
I think it's how long you can hold a drift in the one direction.

So, let me ask a slightly different question. :sly:

Which track has the longest driftable corner or corners in the one direction??
ie. Corners 1&2 Apricot Hill

If you've attempted it:
What car did you use? How much power did it have? What tyres did you use?

According to jedi-japanese the literal meaning is swastika.

Here's a better definition:

Manji- this is a slow swaying faint like drift where the rear end sways back and forth down a strait.

ok i should have treated myself to a search for the old thread sorry bout that, go one sun treat yourself.

As it happends im not counting linking corners into one drift i did the corners of suzuka east last night but no i mean the longest corner on gt4 you have drifted

i am still trying to get the short corner of of motegi ring oval track but i just keep loosing to much speed or smashing into the wall

1 day i shall get it :)

d3p0
According to jedi-japanese the literal meaning is swastika.

Here's a better definition:

Manji- this is a slow swaying faint like drift where the rear end sways back and forth down a strait.
ahhh, down straights. Down under we call that "Fish tailing" or "Fishies" :drool:

It's something that's been around here much much longer than drifting corners. Probably the same the world over.. :dopey:

d3p0
"Fishies"? You crazy Australians.. :D
Their is a fair few of us Crazy Australians in the drifting forum so you better watch it :sly: :P ;).

In any industrial state the roads are full of black marks squiggling up the road :P

I find that I don't have a problem with the drift going around 90 degree corners or larger, but whatever I do, I can't hold a drift that goes around in a semi-circle, such as those in Tsukuba! I've watched the Drift Bible by Keiichi Tsuchiya and heaps of other drift videos but for the life of me I can't keep the momentum up the right amount to go in a full 180 degree drift :yuck: :ouch:

d3p0
"Fishies"? You crazy Australians.. :D
HAHAHA.. Crazy you say? Heard of the Robbie Bolger's CAPA Holden Commodore Ute?? It's the most powerful drift car in the world!!

From http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,16139276%255E21822,00.html

"Any old supercharged V8 would give you enough grunt to fry tyres, but Bolger wanted a monster 7.0-litre C5R racing spec V8 in his drift ute.
With the help of a supercharger, his bent-eight belts out 932kW"

CAPA UTE SPECS
http://www.capadrift.com.au/information.htm

yiluen
I find that I don't have a problem with the drift going around 90 degree corners or larger, but whatever I do, I can't hold a drift that goes around in a semi-circle, such as those in Tsukuba! I've watched the Drift Bible by Keiichi Tsuchiya and heaps of other drift videos but for the life of me I can't keep the momentum up the right amount to go in a full 180 degree drift :yuck: :ouch:

Play with the throttle, think about weight transfer lift and braking makes weight go to the front making it easier for the car to rotate. To initialize it, try pitching the car (for a left curve: left, right left, counter-steer to the right) try to be on the gas as much as you could, and try with less angle first.

d3p0
Linked meaning.. Manji?

Yes, using manji on the longer straights to link into the next set of turns without fully regaining traction... Not my favorite thing to do, but it's the only way to link full courses...

As far as the longest actual single turn... I have drifted the tunnel on SSR5 (both ways), Both turns on Motegi Ring (long and short), Triple apex on Seattle (after the uphill section), Corkscrew on Autumn Ring (both ways), double apex on Deep Forest (both ways), Tunnel on GVS (both ways), and others as well... I'll think of more later when I'm not at work...

;)

Back