Lost all my cars

• Thread starter Peedi
  • 108 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Peugoet
Hi, I was wondering if some of you guys might have the answer why my cars are gone?
I disconnected my ps3 and took my wheelstand and ps3 to a friend so we could play together.
Everything worked fine about 2 hours agoo when I was home.

Connected everything at his place, started that B up.
No car, I got 1 million in credit. But all the races I've won shows, my playtime shows.

In the main menu top of the screen where the car name are, it's a key.
Im getting really worried if I've lost all my cars and my setups for drifting that took 20 hours so fix :(

Does anyone recognize this problem?

Best Regards Peder

happened to me aswelll just a few moments ago!
i made a break --> started the game again --> it gave me 1million credits (already got the 1mio yesterday + all anniversary edition content!!!!) and now i have no cars in the garage....
it still shows my credits (2.7mio) and that i´m currently sitting in my 07 rocket, but all cars and stars are gone.
when i check status it says i have 12 racing hours, all my earnings and international b license, and so on...
very frustrating at the moment!

Just wrote to GT on fb, might not be the right people but this ****s up my weekend.... HARD

Attachments

• 1441197_10151815994051500_655387859_n.jpg
    1441197_10151815994051500_655387859_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 23
If you remove the day one patch, you lose all anniversary cars.

If thats the case then I didnt do it on purpose.
So the best way to solve this is to reinstall everything and do everything all over again? :(

The PS3 makes two save files. Unless you already overwrote it, you can load the "backup" file.

USB sticks are handy... Keep one plugged in and periodically quit and copy.

I lost all my cars too, and I never removed anything.
Seem its a common bug, hope they fix it, as I had to start all over from start, and don't want to keep doing it.
But will make a backup every day.
my backup was the same
At least it allows you to copy to memory stick /SD, not just PS+

The PS3 makes two save files. Unless you already overwrote it, you can load the "backup" file.

With the second PS3 backup there, you don't really need to stop the game and do the other backup, as you'll only lose a small amount of progress. I know what you're saying though, regular backups are pretty important.

With the second PS3 backup there, you don't really need to stop the game and do the other backup, as you'll only lose a small amount of progress. I know what you're saying though, regular backups are pretty important.
With GT5, I copied every 5th game to USB, then to my computer. I wound edit the name to encode the gameday in the file. I am now up to day 1126 for backups.

As for a periodic hiccup in the system, twice now, I restored my game with the internal backup files.

I started saving my GT6 games to USB, but then... Not so often. There is no UCD to go back to for reference.

I only have the anniversary edition it hasent happened yet to me. how do you have botht he 1 million credit upgrade and the anniversary edition cars? amazong had the million credits and gamestop had the anniversary edition cars you shouldent have both maybe that is the issue

I only have the anniversary edition it hasent happened yet to me. how do you have botht he 1 million credit upgrade and the anniversary edition cars? amazong had the million credits and gamestop had the anniversary edition cars you shouldent have both maybe that is the issue
Amazon had both cars (precision pack & torque pack) + 1 million credits

This just happened to me, all cars losts, including in the stockyard
The current car was mentionned on top of the screen, but the game told me that I have none
All stars lost too, but I can access International A (where I was)
At the start of the game it told be that I received the suits. Restarted, it gave me 1 millions credits. I already got them !
Backup save already overwritten. All AE cars also lost
I am VERY sad !

This just happened to me, all cars losts, including in the stockyard
The current car was mentionned on top of the screen, but the game told me that I have none
All stars lost too, but I can access International A (where I was)
At the start of the game it told be that I received the suits. Restarted, it gave me 1 millions credits. I already got them !
Backup save already overwritten. All AE cars also lost
I am VERY sad !
AFAIK if you have no backup, your have to remove save and patches, and re-start again, this is what I had to do to get my cars back.

So, so this. With how GT5 was treating people, I have since kept a backup on a USB stick at ALL TIMES.👍

If you remove the day one patch, you lose all anniversary cars.

When you do this you can still see the cars in the garage, but they have a (!) next to them because the patch unlocked them. I think these complaints are about losing everything in the garage and not seeing them at all.

How can i remove patches?Im new to ps.
you only have to delete your savefiles (the regular one, and the backup file) and start the game (in the ps menu above the game icon it says "save data utility (PS3)") , then you should have all your anniversary content back! worked for me after losing all cars and stars due to this annoying bug....
btw, i play with a fanatec wheel and always have a second controller for navigating the ps menu connected. before this happend to me, i quit the game with the wheel and started it again with the controller. maybe thats what caused the bug.....

EDIT: check if your backup file is still ok, then you don´t have to restart all over again. (in my case it was also broken)

you only have to delete your savefiles (the regular one, and the backup file) and start the game (in the ps menu above the game icon it says "save data utility (PS3)") , then you should have all your anniversary content back! worked for me after losing all cars and stars due to this annoying bug....
btw, i play with a fanatec wheel and always have a second controller for navigating the ps menu connected. before this happend to me, i quit the game with the wheel and started it again with the controller. maybe thats what caused the bug.....

EDIT: check if your backup file is still ok, then you don´t have to restart all over again. (in my case it was also broken)

Nothing to do with the wheel I guess, I have none and use only one controller

The saved backup is not so useful as it saves and overwrite every 5 minutes

I remember what happened before this bug, don't know if it is related: my current car (the AE VW Scirocco) did not updated correctly the pp specifications and others. It also said 0 miles while I have run several races with it in IA and IB. The tuning settings A/B/C also did not work correctly
So I will restart everything, not bad for the events since I like low pp events, but boring for the tuning and licences I made very seriously this time.
Tschechan: did you had cars in the stockyard? This thing works strangely, I had my cars not tuned yet in it, and my scirocco was just taken from the stockyard 1 hour before the bug

Back