• Thread starter GT-R
  • 62 comments
oh ok,
i am trying out an new gearbox setup
my 6th gear is very close, but the 5th one is very long, si om going to make the f4th and 3rd longer.

What kind of nitrous settings are you using, and when are you using it? I'm also getting the red dial whenever I change my settings... :scared: :scared: :scared: This might be my last run.

I have no problems with it, I run out of nitrous 100m before the corner at the straight end,
good right???

Also soften the suspention, that keeps all the wheels on the ground, and giving you more grip over the bumps!!

Edit: you typed minus 383kp/H LOL

2 more kp/h...
dscn1041fku.jpg

Last edited:
This thread exploded! From what I can see, you guys are going faster because you aren't using a wing. So I could easily get 400 by ditching the wing, that sounds cool 👍 Imagine what I could do with drafts, then... :dopey:

can I ask why you guys aren't doing this on the test course? and why you are using S tires? I've always had better luck doing top speed runs on N1's. less road friction and all that.

I'm not a top speed guy. but i can tell ya that from my experience on Gamefaqs with some top speeders (including latino1ny) N1's have less road friction because they have less grip (and probably less surface area realistically).

It's the same reason that the wheelie glitch works. having 2 wheels on the track instead of four reduces the road friction drastically, and throws the top speed algorithm all out of whack.

the major question is whether you guys are gonna carry enough speed through the entry to the Mulsanne on N tires. R5's are bubblegum compared to N2's.

I'm gonna run a stock car on N1's and R5's on the test course to see if I'm actually right here.

no, I mean that I took a stock car, and ran both sets of tires, to see if there is any difference between just the tires in a setting that minimizes the margin of error.

I took my GTO with 517 HP to the tets course out of laziness because i didn't wanna return it to stock. didn't change anything from the R5's to the N1's though.

both times I hit an even 188.03 MPH.

It seems I've proven myself both wrong, and foolish.

I tried this out today and got 401km/h... and may I make a suggestion? I think viewing the data logger after the run would be easier because a) You can tell that we're using the right car, and b) it's easier to take a photo of. Either way i'll get a photo up as soon as I find the goddamn camera :mad:

Back