Lucid Motors Air + Gravity

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 169 comments

Obelisk

Premium
United States
United States
RMedia_Obelisk
http://www.recode.net/2016/10/13/13268450/atieva-atvus-image-tesla-faraday-le-eco

upload_2016-10-13_14-42-42.png

Don't know about you guys, but it looks interesting. Fully electric, intended to be a rival to the Tesla from what I've read. The image was obtained through a public records request.

Atieva has been busy, apparently. The car is slated to be unveiled in December, and they already have a working power plant:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...cid-motors-plans-300-mile-900-hp-electric-car

Atieva has rebranded themselves as Lucid Motors and released further technical information on their first sedan, rumored to be called the Atvus. Lucid has a body-in-white as of right now but the powerplant is already in place.

The Atvus will have a dual-motor powertrain with a power output of 900 horsepower, and will be significantly lighter than the van shown earlier in the thread.

A company official has mentioned that the sedan would have a 0-62 time of less than three seconds, and the car would have a theoretical top speed in excess of 200 miles an hour but this is electronically limited to an undecided speed as of right now.

Lucid is looking to start with a range of 300 miles and could have a 400 mile range car later on. DC fast charging will be available, and the car itself is supposedly about the size of the BMW 5-series.

Design wise, it will likely be similar to the Tesla Model S, except sporting a full sedan body instead of a hatchback style body.

Am I the only one who thinks Lucid is a really bad name for a car company? :lol:

Car looks nice though although I wish they hadn't got rid of the rear wheel cover.

Last edited:
Strong Citroen DS vibes there, looks nice but it seems to have lost some personality slightly from the initial design imo.

Pricing of land and/or proximity to I-10/I-8 interchange? Who knows.

I mean I guess, but with proximity to California they might as well have set up shop in Yuma or Havasu since the biggest buyer base to me is that state due to emissions laws that make owning a EV all the more beneficial. Nothing wrong with Casa Grande it's just about as boring and randomly picked as the other two cities I mentioned.

I mean I guess, but with proximity to California they might as well have set up shop in Yuma or Havasu since the biggest buyer base to me is that state due to emissions laws that make owning a EV all the more beneficial. Nothing wrong with Casa Grande it's just about as boring and randomly picked as the other two cities I mentioned.
Well with this factory, that fancy new shopping center and the motor sports park, it must be something.

Well with this factory, that fancy new shopping center and the motor sports park, it must be something.

But the Motorsport Park isn't in Casa Grande I thought it was near Tuscon. I wouldn't know about the shopping center, I'd have to watch local news for that but I'm sure it's a thing most of the small cities in Arizona are expanding it seems. So it doesn't surprise me Casa Grande is, the city counselor and project managers are doing a good job to get this sort of investment.

Back