Lucid Motors Air + Gravity

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 169 comments
The 3/4 view of the greenhouse looks so very familiar...

What does it remind me of?

Oh yeah...

187403_Rear_3-4_Web.JPG

Looks great out on the streets, reminds me of the new Lincoln Continental but much better looking.

I thought the BMW i8 was retrofuturistic, but this... Come on. This thing looks like it came right out of Cyberpunk2020's manual!

Yep, it's a better looking car than the Tesla Model S.

I think Tesla will have to, at some point, introduce an all new second generation Model S pretty soon if they want to stay in a dominant position. They don't have the luxury electric market sewn up anymore.

Gray'sGarage designed the aero, so Lucid is automatically my favorite EV. I love their interior though. That back seat is just palatial.

I think it's dope. Some of Lucid's engineers stopped by OSU last weekend to check out our FSAE car. I didn't realize what they were testing at TRC until the video came out.

I imagine it'll be limited around there as well. The car is running some serious rear aero gear during these high speed runs that I don't see making it onto the production car.

Lucid Motors closes $1 billion deal with Saudi Arabia to fund electric car production

Genuinely excited about this! Have really liked the design of the Air and Telsa really, really needs some competition.

edit: I didn't realize this, but Lucid's has a very talented designer in the form of ex-Mazda design chief Derek Jenkins, who was responsible for the ND Miata and most other contemporary Mazdas. No wonder the Air looks good.

Edit: Is it also crazy that Lucid's HQ is less than 2,000ft from Tesla's Fremont site? I feel like that's a little crazy.

Last edited:
I'll be so happy once Tesla gets out of the news and companies like Lucid take over. Tesla makes sub-par vehicles (at least quality wise) and is ran by a complete asshat. Lucid seems more with it and per my buddy who works for them, they don't treat their employees like trash (he's an engineer though, I'm not sure about the line workers).

Back