Monthly 200 km Gr.3 race - Back soon!

Good racing tonight. :cheers:

The SLS is really understeery. It got slightly better as the fuel burned off thankfully, but it's better suited to a straight line. It was only 1mph slower than the Mustang.

Yeah you really caught me by surprise at the end of the longest straight there, in retrospect I should have closed the door. :lol: but then again, defending against you during the entire race was never going to work lol.

My AMG 16 topped out at 267 km/h 165.5 mph without slipstream, so pretty average I guess

Yeah you really caught me by surprise at the end of the longest straight there, in retrospect I should have closed the door. :lol: but then again, defending against you during the entire race was never going to work lol.

My AMG 16 topped out at 267 km/h 165.5 mph without slipstream, so pretty average I guess
With low fuel I was getting 170mph there.

@Rinsky. No biggie. I'm more of a Gr.4 guy myself. When I race Gr.3 I need to fight both the car and the other racers, but it's a fun challenge imo.

I really didn't expect the Gr.3 cars to have such low grip in online racing. Even on Med Tires the car felt like I was driving on Ice the entire time. Maybe it was just that track or the car I was using I don't know. I just don't remember it feeling that bad in the past.

I really didn't expect the Gr.3 cars to have such low grip in online racing. Even on Med Tires the car felt like I was driving on Ice the entire time. Maybe it was just that track or the car I was using I don't know. I just don't remember it feeling that bad in the past.

Pretty sure it’s the track. Every race I’ve had at St Croix has been like that in every type of car. The cars have zero grip and behave very inconsistently. It feels exactly the same as custom tracks felt in GT6.

Driving the Renault for the first time and on this track wasn't very competitive since it was too slow on the straights, @bloodyboyblue pulled away even when I was in his slipstream on the long straights. It was good in the last corners where the MR- layout helped. The Renault is probably the most different from the other Gr3 cars driving-wise. Hopefully the next track will be better suited to this car. St Croix is "icy" compared to most tracks

Pretty sure it’s the track. Every race I’ve had at St Croix has been like that in every type of car. The cars have zero grip and behave very inconsistently. It feels exactly the same as custom tracks felt in GT6.

Driving the Renault for the first time and on this track wasn't very competitive since it was too slow on the straights, @bloodyboyblue pulled away even when I was in his slipstream on the long straights. It was good in the last corners where the MR- layout helped. The Renault is probably the most different from the other Gr3 cars driving-wise. Hopefully the next track will be better suited to this car. St Croix is "icy" compared to most tracks

Ok well that's good to know it wasn't just me experiencing the icy like conditions. So I won't give up on this event just yet in hopes that next months race my car will feel normal again.

Probably should’ve practiced for the race last night. Think the circuit experience is the only time I’ve ever been on that layout of the track. I like St Croix B and I’m starting to wrap my head around A, but not C. Plus it was only my 2nd Gr.3 race using manual since it’s the hardest class to get used to shifting.

The VGT drove way better than I remember (probably since I haven’t used it since the tire model update), but the understeer was hilarious through the last section of the track. I went off just about every lap. Even having a lot of straightaway speed didn’t help me keep up.

Hopefully it’s a track I like next time so I can make up for that embarrassment

I must say that Interlagos felt a lot more like ice driving (which I'm used to of course lol) than St. Croix. To me St. Croix is one of the tracks where running no TC is fairly easy. Might just be I like the track or car though.

I must say that Interlagos felt a lot more like ice driving (which I'm used to of course lol) than St. Croix. To me St. Croix is one of the tracks where running no TC is fairly easy. Might just be I like the track or car though.

It’s mostly under braking and cornering itself where st Croix has no grip. You can brake where you think you should at any other track and end up going straight off. Agree that Interlagos is one of the worst for getting the power down, but that’s because you’re often accelerating while still in the corner a lot there.

I had a ok feel but did find now and again a loss of grip which I put down to either poor lobby connection or if someone was live streaming causing lobby inconsistency that I've experienced before. But that didn't affect me as normally would as it was just a good bit of fun and more track learning than anything else. In the qually session my lap learning:lol: I was abs off but found the Lexus was a bitch to slow down into t3 so has to go abs weak for the race but i forgot I had it in map 35. Maybe next time I'll get a bit practice in first. My best bit was the undercut on 2 cars doin a 1 stop.

Really sorry, by all means have it back if you want, punishment for me missing the race didn’t realise I was going to be that late.

I think your punishment should be that you have to start the next race pointed backwards.:lol:

I think your punishment should be that you have to start the next race pointed backwards.:lol:

Yeah that sounds good. :lol:

Really sorry, by all means have it back if you want, punishment for me missing the race didn’t realise I was going to be that late.

I'm just giving you a hard time. If I really really wanted the car I wouldn't have let it go. Again Gr.3 is not my favorite class so it doesn't matter what car I drive because I'm not any good. Although some cars are easier to drive than others and that FT-1 fits my driving style.

:lol:

Yeah that sounds good. :lol:

I'm just giving you a hard time. If I really really wanted the car I wouldn't have let it go. Again Gr.3 is not my favorite class so it doesn't matter what car I drive because I'm not any good. Although some cars are easier to drive than others and that FT-1 fits my driving style.

You are welcome to take it back though, the Mclaren is not an easy car to drive at all especially with tyre wear.

GR3 does take much more practice, I was the same but kept on with them. Actually my favourite class now. I can drive them without assists on DS4 but it is easier with a wheel.

@Venster We missed you up in the front, we were 3-4 guys together for a lot of the race. Lots of fun

Sounds good shame I missed it, quite enjoyed the track

Sorry I was able to make it guys. Seemed like you lot had a good run though! I should hopefully be able to make the next one :lol:

"You lot"

I assume your British? I like some of the mother land sayings.

If I ever hear "brah" or "bruh" and "dub" again it will be far too soon. Hearing people use that crap over and over almost makes me want to grab a pencil and poke out my ear drums.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
"You lot"

I assume your British? I like some of the mother land sayings.

If I ever hear "brah" or "bruh" and "dub" again it will be far too soon. Hearing people use that crap over and over almost makes me want to grab a pencil and poke out my ear drums.:lol::lol::lol:
No lol. Born and raised in the land of freedom, bald eagles, and overhead valves :lol::lol: I do watch alot of british TV shows though lol. I use brah and bruh way to much though lol. I try to not look like the idiot that I am. At least not as much

No lol. Born and raised in the land of freedom, bald eagles, and overhead valves :lol::lol: I do watch alot of british TV shows though lol. I use brah and bruh way to much though lol. I try to not look like the idiot that I am. At least not as much

LOL, I thought you were bloody English, mate.. Time for pie and a pint. Cheers!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back