M3 vs M5

• Thread starter michael15
  • 17 comments
a month or 2 ago, a friend of me came to my house.
he loves the M3, i challengde him, racing on he fuji '80
he: M3
i: M5
he started good, i almost never gave full throtlle, i just waited for de straight to pass him, half wy he was stil thinking the might M3 was beating the M5.
last corner befor the staight, i wasn't in his slipstream.
we came out of the corner at almost 170-180km/h.
then on the straight: i gave i bit more and i was driving next to him, then suddenly i give full throtlle, it was like the M3 was standing still.
in a few secconds the M5 had made a gap of 4 car lenghts i think, damn the M5 is fast :)
my friend couldn't belive it. it was so fun, he really think he was gonna win.µ

greetz, sorry for my bad english (i'm from belgium)

michael15
he started good, i almost never gave full throtlle, i just waited for de straight to pass him, half wy he was stil thinking the might M3 was beating the M5.
then on the straight: i gave i bit more and i was driving next to him, then suddenly i give full throtlle, it was like the M3 was standing still.
in a few secconds the M5 had made a gap of 4 car lenghts i think, damn the M5 is fast :)

The M5 has about 170 more horses than than the M3, that might be why you blew him away on the straight.

I bought the M5 last night for the M Cup or whatever it is in BMW Events and thought it was an awesome car! Bearing in mind it is a saloon I thought it handled really well even in stock!

It didn't do too well on the jump when doing El Capitan Reverse though :)

Garrett
i want to check to see if fully tuned versions of both will make a race less one-sided

Hi,

I've just got into GT4 thanks to a friend donating his M5. He had tuned it but the handling wasn't coping with the power but I took it into the BMW race anyway. Barely won the lovely M3 GTR and slowly started to mod it (the GTR). This one beat every other BMW easily and is a fantastic car to drive. So easy that I won another GTR and decided to tune it up. GTR 2 got the full engine treatment (as did GTR 1) and the Stage 3 N/A tune on top. This car then had similar problems to the M5 so I played around with a few settings but went down the LSD and downforce route. Now it handles really well on race tyres and the stock suspension setup! So much so that I've basically migrated most settings over to the M5 and now the M5 really is a beast - a beast that goes 'round corners!

I'm looking forward to doing some coparisons but they all seem to be in the same ballpark lap time overall. The GTRs better with corners, the M5 on straights and hills.

Cheers,
Ben.

pertaining to El Capitan...i love that track for the elevation changes, its like an exagerrated Nurburgring. Besides, the downforce on race cars keep them pretty solid, atleast i find... and that one jump is the best place to pass AI.

But the M5 is a house, albeit a sick-sounding house (far better than the crap that PD gave the M3). But i much prefer the M3, because i am more a handling fanatic than power-freak, and its a really beautiful shape.

I've been for a drive in an M3 and M5, and i'd have to say the M3 is probably one of the worlds best cars. It might not have the same KW as the M5, but who said you can't sop it up. GO THE M3!!!!!!! PS: My Dad owns an M3.

craig1591
I've been for a drive in an M3 and M5, and i'd have to say the M3 is probably one of the worlds best cars. It might not have the same KW as the M5, but who said you can't sop it up. GO THE M3!!!!!!! PS: My Dad owns an M3.

haha...just slightly biased then...

michael15

Ehrrr, but cars are crap and suck but good job 👍

And hey! You're not the only one from Belgium mate 👍

the M5 is one kick-ass car.....my friend challenged me in the game to the top speed, he tuned his M5 only in the engine, tranny and suspension to 725hp.....he topped out at 248.64mph with no wings for stability or anything like that.....when i drove the car, i was amaized with its handeling at high speeds: rock solid and no wind buffeting.

it truely is a monster, even my Toyota Minolta couldnt beat its top speed....the only thing i could touch it in was my RX-7 Spirit-R which trumped it by 10mph: 258.55mph

In the M Cup I took a standard M3 and had a great time racing the M5 round the 'ring. Sooo much fun I thought I'd do it again, and again, and again, slowly adding a little ballast weight each time to make the M3 a little bit slower. After about 6 races I had to drive the wheels off my M3 to keep that M5 behind. The toughest bits were the straight sections where it would blow the M3 off the road, but in the twisty bits was where I made it all back up again. :) 👍

It's doing things like this when you realise that the Nurburgirng isn't as twisty as you'd like it to be... :scared:

ferrari_chris
In the M Cup I took a standard M3 and had a great time racing the M5 round the 'ring. Sooo much fun I thought I'd do it again, and again, and again, slowly adding a little ballast weight each time to make the M3 a little bit slower. After about 6 races I had to drive the wheels off my M3 to keep that M5 behind. The toughest bits were the straight sections where it would blow the M3 off the road, but in the twisty bits was where I made it all back up again. :) 👍

It's doing things like this when you realise that the Nurburgirng isn't as twisty as you'd like it to be... :scared:
If he had an M3 CSL or GTR it would've been closer. The CSL is my favorite road car. Just built for the ring. :drool: It's one of the only cars that makes nurburgring seem to straight. I know exactly how you feel.

Back