Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - that was me!

Since you liked tuning the 8C so much.....:sly:

Heh, yeah.. I'll tweak it just a bit more to make it handle bit more reasonably.

Yes, that was me, thank you kindly.

And check your inbox, I did send you a PM.

Indeed you did, I remember now. It seems that I accidentally deleted it when I cleaned my inbox from old messages.

Love the addition of the hot lap replays.
I'll be using some of these to improve may racing, and the list of actual car names is a great help too. was a little confused by one or 2 of the cars.

A lot of tuners could learn a lot from looking at how you have sorted your garage. I really appreciate the hard work you guys put in.

Thanks guys.

Hard work?:confused: All I do is tune and take some screenshots.. Greycap is the hardworking mastermind behind the details and such.

I have to say I far prefer being the silent technician behind all the bells and whistles, spending more time tweaking than talking, to being a spokesman. I'm not a good talker, instead I do things that talk for themselves.

Thanks for the Brera Leonidae - I'm going to give her a run tonight.

Also - the 'hidden' 908 FAP tune by Greycap is a fantastic tune - I cannot stop doing the 24H Nurburgring seasonal in it - just so fast and responsive.👍

Also - the 'hidden' 908 FAP tune by Greycap is a fantastic tune - I cannot stop doing the 24H Nurburgring seasonal in it - just so fast and responsive.👍
Imagine doing the 24h race in it and you'll know what I've been through. I have to say the sheer amount of torque in the middle of the night with no visibility to be mentioned was a bit much at times. :scared:

It was still totally worth it though. The feeling you get when you've been racing through around nine hours of darkness fearing for the rain to begin falling down and suddenly get a glance of a marginally lighter sky behind the black silhouettes of the trees... the moment when you actually realize the worst is behind, it easily makes up for those harrowing hours in the dark. Not to mention the feeling when you're racing into the sun climbing higher behind the mountains lap after lap, the atmosphere of an early summer morning has been captured better than in any game I've seen this far. You've probably heard of people praising the Nordschleife sunrise before and I'm doing it once more - and still these stories have no chance of delivering the feeling, it's something that has to be experienced to understand. Sure, a cheap way to see it is to set an online race at a certain time of day but there won't be the "bloody hell, I really made it" feeling of accomplishment that comes after the long dark night and that's what really made it so memorable for me.
what are the place holders 1 and 2 for?
In GT4 we ran into a situation in which I had to turn my first setup post into the second part of the car list as one post can only hold 100 images and every link is an image, thus the opening post can (even theoretically) only hold 100 links at maximum. In reality the figure is 93 or less thanks to the additional images in it. So to actually answer the question, they're there to retain good looks in case we somehow manage to make 200+ cars during the lifespan of GT5 and have to break the car list into three posts.

I believe GTP has raised the image limit per post now. We're at 105 in our first post so I'm not sure what the limit is now.

I believe GTP has raised the image limit per post now. We're at 105 in our first post so I'm not sure what the limit is now.

To add, I tried massively adding to it for a moment and it showed every single one I tried. So I'm guessing the limit is a minimum of 150, if not 200+.

To add, I tried massively adding to it for a moment and it showed every single one I tried. So I'm guessing the limit is a minimum of 150, if not 200+.

It's actually 200. I quoted our entire first post twice in one reply and it told me to delete 12 images from the 212 I had. :lol:

How about actually applying it on the Opel? Those two aren't the same car with different graphics although it might seem so at the first glance.

Last edited:
I took your RM Challenger tune out on the ring today. I was really surprised that I ended up with a 6:58 - That was one of the last cars that I though would be sub 7. It's really a pig to drive though but less than expected for an old muscle car.

Anything new on the horizon chaps? I'm driving the 908 FAP into the ground at the moment on the seasonals.

Can't do the 24H Nurburgring to see that awesome sunrise yet, (but the mrs and baby are moving to Australia next week - I'll follow later in the year) so it does look like I may have some time on my hands!

Spoon NSX-R '02

445+ bhp, 440+ Nm, 1051 kg, PP 550
Painted in Berlina Black from Honda

Clickable for full size

After doing tests of several peoples NSX-R tunes. I decided I don't really like this car. Here its what I made of the Stock car and the Mad Finn's version.
To see the full NSX right up head over here.

Stock:
High speed ring -1:15.224
Deep Forest Raceway revers - 1:27.716

This car didn't really have any problems on the high speed ring apart from the first right hander after the bridge. The under steer meant I had to slow down a lot more then I thought I should have.
On Deep forest, I got caught out by a few of the tighter turns with both the under and over steer. The car feel slow in acceleration and doesn't corner well. Very disappointing car.

Mad Finn's:
High speed ring - 1:08.971
Deep Forest Raceway revers - 1:23.934

Quote from the Finn's.
"Aiming for entertaining handling rather than all out speed"
Well that was the aim of the Finns, and they did a bloody good job. I didn't really get any under steer with this car because the rear kept breaking loose in to brilliant drifts. If i were trying to drift with this car I would fail. But trying to race with this car with it's 441BHP and I was doing some great drifts round deep forest. Not a fast track car but a lot of fun. well done guys.

Nissan Micra Autech 230RS '07

235+ bhp, 220+ Nm, 849 kg, PP 458
Painted in Flame Red from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei JS+M, finished in their original dark grey colour
Front Splitter & Skirts Type A
Rear Diffuser Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: Around 200.000 Cr.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.368
2nd: 1.576
3rd: 1.220
4th: 1.000
5th: 0.830
Final Gear: 4.650

Max speed: 300 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 3.0
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 / -0.50

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 10

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

The formidable Autech Stagea is a name well known to most import enthusiasts and it transformed a warm wagon to a really explosive estate. How about trying the same on a Micra?

Some of it went well, some of it didn't. While the bodykit is sufficient to attract every boy racer within a radius of a hundred miles (we'll call that a success) and the engine produces a very healthy amount of power with a brilliant power delivery curve... the handling left a bit to be desired right from the factory and still does. For some reason, unknown to me, a car this light and this small refuses to turn in properly. To counter that its manoeuvrability on throttle is astonishingly good considering the power it has to put down. The outright pace, well, it's nothing to write home about but seeing that the engine would probably fit in the glove box it's quite respectable after all.

Last edited:
RAZRr1275 - Surprising to see someone still interested about the old warship! It's indeed better than you'd expect, and I can only wonder how good it would be if I remade it now. Such action is probably on the cards sooner or later.

cactusOnR - Everyone has a fast NSX but not everyone has a fun one. It's not even that slow in the end though, someone (I can't remember who it was) tested it against Roj's version on Suzuka and the lap time differences could be traced to getting individual corners right. It's challenging to drive fast though as stability really isn't its strongest point.

We just finished a small scale brainstorm for the Micra's counterpart and it should hit the shelves in the near future. Surprisingly enough it does some things a lot better and some a lot worse despite boasting very similar specifications.

What track are the times for your tunes set at?

I swear the answer was never in the first post before? Or am I going mad? :ouch:

It's been there since the very beginning, I actually copied that section (with suitable changes thanks to the style change) from the GT4 garage in which it had been since summer '07 so I'd say with some certainty that you're indeed going mad. :P Nothing to worry about though, we went nuts years ago...

It's been there since the very beginning, I actually copied that section (with suitable changes thanks to the style change) from the GT4 garage in which it had been since summer '07 so I'd say with some certainty that you're indeed going mad. :P Nothing to worry about though, we went nuts years ago...

👍

Part one of mission is now complete - discovering the what track the times were set on - So now on to part two. Trying to beat the the lap times set by the Finnish Stig.

I'm done with A-Spec and the lack of online time trial boards is a serious downer for me. As long as I have the cr's, this should keep me happy for a while.

Cheers. :cheers:

p.s
Great tunes by the way.

Fiat 1200 Volumetrico Abarth'08

221 bhp, 249 Nm, 853 kg, PP 457
Painted in Bossa Nova White from Fiat

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei JS+M, finished in Stock Color from Enkei
Front Splitter & Skirts Type C
Rear Diffuser Type B
Rear Wing Type B
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Air Filter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:<200k Cr.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.647
2nd: 1.826
3rd: 1.450
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.150

Max speed: 230 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 4.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 2
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.30 / -0.40

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 2 / 10

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Say hello to the new Fiat 500. While it's a cute little citycar, don't let the standard cars non-offending looks and rather pedestrian performance deceive you. While there already is a sportier 1.4 and a 1.4 turbo with Abarth-spices on the menu, the best is yet to come. Meet 1200 Volumetrico Abarth, a name that should ring a bell if history of hot Fiats is familiar. Original Volumetrico Abarth was based on Fiat 131, and it had a 2l DOHC engine with a supercharger bolted on it's side.. back in the late 70's! Like the name suggests, this car has a tiny 1.2l motor that has been "slightly" turbocharged to match the current level of hot hatches. Suspension and transmission were beefed up too, and body gets more agressive appearance in form of deeper chin spoiler and rear diffuser, and a stylish little wing on top of the hatch. And in order to keep it somewhat civilized, the exhaust was left as it was from factory. But wait till you shift gears and hear the BOV, that's when you know that you're driving something truly special.

Recently purchased the last remaining RUF I needed to complete my collection, the CTR2.
With high expections I took it for a spin at Deep Forest only to be hugely disappointed by the cars handling or total lack of it. Anyone say understeer? This car has it by the bucket load! Any attempt to get on the gas even slightly early around a corner will see you diving head first off the side of the track into the nearest obstactle. There is plenty of power to get the car into a powerslide but you dare not button off even for an instant until you are pointed firmly in the right direction for as soon as you do the car snaps straight forward wherever the nose is pointed. After a shakedown of 10 laps of the racetrack the best time I could muster out of the stock CTR2 was a 1:27.829.
Not to dispair though I remembered seeing this car on the list of tunes by the boys at Mad Finn Tuners so after a quick visit to the tuning shop I returned once again to Deep Forest Raceway with much anticipation of a better ride this time.
Now to say I was not disappointed would be an understatement, this car now rocks! Yes there is still just a hint of understeer to be aware of but now you can throw the RUF into the corners with a fair amount of reckless abandon and not end up in the morgue. Powerslides are near effortless to control and a lot of fun. There is a huge amount of power which now being directed in the right places gives a savagery to it's acceleration and corner exiting. Tight corners can now be negotiated with a quick pull of the handbrake and nailing the throttle! Tremendous fun. This is surely not the same car I was driving just a little earlier. Now during my second 10 laps I'm thinking "Yes, another lap to do", instead of "Oh no, not another lap!"
So after said 10 laps the time has now dropped to 1:18.642 and that was with a little too much time spent going sideways through the corners, it's probably good for another second off that time at least but I was having too much fun.
Thank you Mad Finn you've saved my CTR2 from gathering dust in a forgotten corner of my garage. 👍

Last edited:
Power Pills Review

FF cars &#8211; you either love them or hate them, but if any driver still hates them after downing a power pill or two, then I can&#8217;t help &#8211; there&#8217;s obviously something wrong with you.

First up &#8211; the Nissan Micra
(Or in my case, the purple pill &#8211; I couldn&#8217;t find a flame red colour, and this car then proved itself worthy of Midnight Purple Pearl III)

Well, I&#8217;ve never been more surprised by a car until now (except maybe the Ferrari California MFT tune). The Micra after the MFT treatment is now a pint-sized GT-R!

Contrary to what Greycap said in the description, I found the handling to be pretty good. It sticks to the road, can hold a tight line through corners (I do use the DS3), and has quite astonishing acceleration for such a little car. It really is a great car to drive, and it&#8217;s quite the zippy speeder. The gearing is perfect, and with an on track top-speed over 200km/hr, it's no slouch on the straits. The souped up little engine sounds fantastic as well.

I tested this on the Grand Valley Speedway (short track) in the compact seasonal race, and I think I put around 150km on it this weekend alone. It is very responsive and surprisingly stable for a hotted up FF drive car with such short wheel-base.

I managed to get down to 1.12 times around GVS short, which was remarkable for me!

Nice job MFT, and here&#8217;s some pics to go with it.

It looks fast:
6112007091_02bf682d88_m.jpg

About to overtake:
6112551856_d33d8e2be8_m.jpg

Now, the Fiat 500
(The white pill &#8211; and I could not resist whacking on it a carbon-fibre coloured bonnet)
This car suffers, or should that be benefits, from a severe case of bi-polar disorder, particularly whilst going around corners! Tested at Rome circuit.

Whereas the Micra is a tiny-little supercar wannabe, the Fiat has a big-red Italian stallion somewhere within struggling to get out. It&#8217;s not as quick as the Nissan, but it makes up for it in other areas. I like driving FF cars with the accelerator to the floor all the time. This strategy worked well with the Micra, but the Fiat had other ideas.

Oversteer &#8211; fantastic, on demand oversteer. Yes, you can get around the course quite well sticking nice racing lines through all the turns, but you can also get a little crazy. This car slides at your whim. Just push past what is a sensible wheel lock, and watch the back slide out, and the rest follows, as this compact car is so compact that you could drive from the back seat.

Even with all the slipping and sliding going on, the 500 clocked low 1.22 times around Rome, which is not too bad at all.

Finally, the turbo 'hiss' when you change gears rounds this car out as one of my favourites.
Well, both these pills have been added to the favourites tab in my garage.

Getting a little nuts:
6112552858_889754f288_m.jpg

Tight - but I never hit the wall:
6112007807_fe55d3ff41_m.jpg

Again - so close, but just sailed past:
6112552498_093de52da9_m.jpg

It really is drifting/sliding whatever you want to call it whenever you want. This car is fun &#8211; awesome, crazy fun. I keep saying nice job, but hell, this is another great pair of cars.

Last edited:
Didn't get the chance last night to do any testing on any of your cars, but I must say I am very impressed with the layout of your OP. Evora review coming this today if I can get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back