Maintenance Notice this time for GT6 thank God!

• Thread starter zlays
  • 625 comments
what would be funny is if pd were to make a 'mistake' with their maintanence and bring all the servers crashing down,then say it would be to much effort to fix it,laugh at us,take a 6 month holiday and then port gt6 to the ps4 and call it gt7...thats what i think will happen monday :)

Predicting an update size is like predicting the weight of a newborn baby. I say, we get alittle game going on size of the update or even if there is going to be an update! person who gets closest or exact wins (prize to be determined later.) Maybe recogition in the article regarding the update. So we can pick update size, what gets fixed & what gets added. Who's with me?

Dammit, now what am I going to do with these!

0000928312208_500X500.jpg

Y'all are getting way to ahead of yourselves, they are just messing with us. They are taking the servers down just to see these threads explode with conspiracy theories. Not one person really knows what we are to get.

I think we will get the 1.05 patch because it has been a long time between drinks since we have had the 1.04 patch for the game but we all know what PD is like.

If it does come out, it's kinda too late for some. Few people might have left GT already.
I was only thinking positive in my post, The Few people who might have left GT6 might come back if it is 1.05 patch but if it is not well I will be joining them.

The comunity features could change the way we interface with GT so I would assume its a dependency for other features.

It's clearly states on the back of the box about a web interface for online as well so that could have been a hang up that lead to delays...

I might also assume a major feature might be a x.1 version number vs a x.x5...

I guess we'll see. Pd off schedule maintenance could be a major update but not mentioned in the event they hit last minute snags, and not getting pie in the face.

Was there mention of B spec in any press? Seems an odd addition if they are trying to push the sale of credits.

As for the jokes about "porting" GT6 to ps4, it is no secret that you are playing with the GT7 renderer and GT7 physics, which is core of the experience.

Was there mention of B spec in any press? Seems an odd addition if they are trying to push the sale of credits.

As for the jokes about "porting" GT6 to ps4, it is no secret that you are playing with the GT7 renderer and GT7 physics, which is core of the experience.

If you mean B-spec coming in this update, I have no idea if it's been mentioned. It is one of the listed future update features on the official website though.

NA
If you mean B-spec coming in this update, I have no idea if it's been mentioned. It is one of the listed future update features on the official website though.

REALLY?!? I hope this time you get to use the Bob's as part of your own team like Gt4.

Good lord, you're an arse sometimes.
Hey, I spotted you a smiley. ;)

But you're right, and that was posted a bit hastily before I ran off for saturday fun. You have been getting rather thoughtful in your "old age."

What i am expecting from GT6 is all the features of GT5 (! some of them are missing, why?)
It has to be something that can't just be dumped in to work right with the new system Kaz and the team have envisioned for the game. Lawndart mentioned the web browser which I had forgotten about, and I think it's fundamentally different to the previous half baked online build in GT5 in order to support such a PS4-like community feature set.

Well........ sort of. I mean, many of us surmised this very thing, but Kaz has been rather coy about this factor. Still, the engine rebuilt from the ground up, new physics algorithms, tesselation if a basic one, all sounds like a PS4 engine trimmed back to port into PS3.

Predicting an update size is like predicting the weight of a newborn baby. I say, we get alittle game going on size of the update or even if there is going to be an update! person who gets closest or exact wins (prize to be determined later.) Maybe recognition in the article regarding the update. So we can pick update size, what gets fixed & what gets added. Who's with me?
I'll chew on this. I'm thinking:
  • Online revamp, along with server system optimizations. Faster and much better server list populating, more advanced filters, more comprehensive host rule parameters, coop mode filling out open slots with bots.
  • More advanced bot A.I.
  • Some updated sounds.
  • Updated Arcade Mode with new features, including the standing starts from GT5 and 16 car grids.
  • Vision GT BMW.
  • Zahara location.
  • Delivered in parts, ultimate size 1.9GB.

As far as dependancies go, this is how I see it;

The pit stop bug and AI refinements need to be solved before B spec can be introduced. Proper endurance events with swapping of Bob also but that feature/ability is pure speculation.

B spec online seems like an easy add on by way of lobbies for bobs.

B spec is also likely to add development of the drivers, new stats screen and place to see drivers. Why else have so many suits...

Community update is likely to include an interface overhaul possibly effecting offline too. It's not known if bob will get events or just recycle career again but it will require some interface changes through several screens...

Since AI cars to strange things like stopies the AI or physics need a big overhaul.

Though course creator could be a standalone feature, it's been stated that you can share your creations so that's dependent on online. Track creator needs a strong set of attributes so it can be constructed quickly prior to any online race.

There are several other logical assumptions but clues can be found if you thing backwards, not forward. Look at GT 6 and ask why the feature may have been removed prior to release to try and figure it out.

1) The way I see it, "community" is the largest dependency since it has the broadest implication on other features and interaction. But it's also not dependent on the 2 main bugs.

1a) the mobile app will follow shortly after (then the physical back of the box features are all accounted for)

2) B spec will come only after all the core systemic systems are stable as it's just an autopilot showcasing cars with some simple game mechanics to add meaning.

3) Course creator could be massive with loads of assets, interfaces, location/s, etc. so many things to account for and PD are lousy at open ended and dynamic features...

I'm quite certain that nearly everything going into GT 6 in the future has the added criteria of "will it 'port' to GT 7?". Or something similar. If it can't be fully realized in GT 6 then either a portion will happen, if anything at all.

I'm not sure if anyone else sees it like this bit it's very clear to me. And if they can't make good on any of this then they will distract us with cars and tracks for the rest of the year.

Edit: one more thing, Sony is 99.9% ps 4 right now... Ps 3 isn't even mentioned in some of their financial/earning reports... So Kaz isn't likely to get much support from Sony if PS4 wasn't a priority right now to PD.

Last edited:
3) Course creator could be massive with loads of assets, interfaces, location/s, etc. so many things to account for and PD are lousy at open ended and dynamic features...
Uhm... can't argue with you there. :lol:

Kaz really carved out a huge slice of pizza in Course Maker II, so there's a good chance this may not happen till summer, unless they leave the really ambitious CM for GT7 and cut this one back. Plus, there's what you mentioned below.

I'm quite certain that nearly everything going into GT 6 in the future has the added criteria of "will it 'port' to GT 7?". Or something similar. If it can't be fully realized in GT 6 then either a portion will happen, if anything at all.

I'm not sure if anyone else sees it like this bit it's very clear to me. And if they can't make good on any of this then they will distract us with cars and tracks for the rest of the year.

Edit: one more thing, Sony is 99.9% ps 4 right now... Ps 3 isn't even mentioned in some of their financial/earning reports... So Kaz isn't likely to get much support from Sony if PS4 wasn't a priority right now to PD.
Agree, agree... agree to the whole thing pretty much, then the last line hits me. While I thought something similar would happen, not to that extent. This is fascinating, and paints a rather skimpy vision of GT6, though those of us like me wanting that next gen Gran Turismo will be encouraged by it.

If GT6 is all but abandoned, I think the rage is going to get lost in the gamer base clamoring for next gen content for PS4, and GT7 is way up there on many fans' lists as the one to get. It's sure on mine.

If GT6 is all but abandoned, I think the rage is going to get lost in the gamer base clamoring for next gen content for PS4, and GT7 is way up there on many fans' lists as the one to get. It's sure on mine.

Only for those who already own a PS4, though. I tied my PS4 purchase to a great GT7 as this is basically all that I am playing. So if GT6 really turns out to be a massive disappointment I will think long and hard if I want to get a PS4 or rather a gaming PC as a platform with a much broader selection of racing sims.

Only for those who already own a PS4, though. I tied my PS4 purchase to a great GT7 as this is basically all that I am playing.
I know some here state that bold part periodically, but you need to keep in mind a couple of things.

This place is thick with hardcore racing addicts. I count myself as one, but not solely.

And, the portion of racers only in the gamerverse is pretty small. I suspect that the percentage of the 10-plus million who buy those Gran Turismo games and only play racing games period is less than 10%, if that. This is a racing game focused board, so the mindset of those here is a bit skewed in one direction. When I come here, I don't discuss Castlevania or that much hated by me GTA 5, it's GT and related games like Forza, P CARS and Assetto Corsa. Which if I'm going to get it discounted, I'd better hurry the heck up and buy it.

Anyhow, we're the half cup of rain in the bucket of both Polyphony's and SONY's coffers.

I know some here state that bold part periodically, but you need to keep in mind a couple of things.

This place is thick with hardcore racing addicts. I count myself as one, but not solely.

And, the portion of racers only in the gamerverse is pretty small. I suspect that the percentage of the 10-plus million who buy those Gran Turismo games and only play racing games period is less than 10%, if that. This is a racing game focused board, so the mindset of those here is a bit skewed in one direction. When I come here, I don't discuss Castlevania or that much hated by me GTA 5, it's GT and related games like Forza, P CARS and Assetto Corsa. Which if I'm going to get it discounted, I'd better hurry the heck up and buy it.

Anyhow, we're the drop in the bucket of both Polyphony's and SONY's coffers.

That is definitely true. When I think of it actually pushing GT7 out asap might be the better course from a Sony/PD perspective as there are so few games available for PS4 that a lot of people will likely get it. However, it does alienate its loyal fan base.

Only for those who already own a PS4, though. I tied my PS4 purchase to a great GT7 as this is basically all that I am playing. So if GT6 really turns out to be a massive disappointment I will think long and hard if I want to get a PS4 or rather a gaming PC as a platform with a much broader selection of racing sims.
Ditto. If GT6 continues to be less than advertised and support continues to fizzle, I won't even buy a PS4. I am willing to cut them some slack if the upcoming update is a huge boon and the support doubles, but if not I will all but stop playing GT6 now that I've hit Platinum and will never consider the GT Series again. There are too many options these days.

Back