Maita Endro....BORING.... But slightly fun, atleast.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 16 comments

Darin

(Banned)
I went into this race with the Maita LS I won in the B license tests. I thought this race would really be a close race, but I thought wrong. These maita racer's are quite stupid, and pitted every 2 laps. The only car to keep up was the red maita LS and we pretty much were together for 2 full laps, then he pitted. Well, Im gonna start with the qualifying results. I didn't get the time cause it didn't show AI's times.

Im the Green, the AI is red.

1: Mazda MX-5 Miata LS
2: Mazda MX-5 Miata LS
3: Mazda MX-5 Miata ( J )
4: Mazda MX-5 Miata ( J )
5: Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS ( J )
6: Mazda MX-5 Miata ( J )

During the first part of the race, it was challenging trying to keep up with the other LS, until he pitted. So, he was crapping after that. I ran by myself for a long time, the race was about a hour and nine minutes. The race was pretty boring. Here are the notes I took. These are the important things that happened.

- Lapped 5th and 6th place Miata's on lap 16.

- Lapped 4th place Miata at the end of lap 18.

- Lapped 3rd and 2nd place Miata's while they were in the pits.

- Exactly half of the race. 34'53.383 into race.

- Pitted for the first time on lap 31. 54'08 into the race.

- Lapped 6th place Miata again on lap 33.

- Lapped 5th place Miata again right in the first turn on lap 34.

- Lapped 4th place Miata again at the hairpin on lap 37.

- Lapped 3rd and 2nd Place Miata's on lap 39 on the S-turns.

Here are the 4 times I broke my record.

first record: 1'44.908 Lap 3
second record: 1'43.449 Lap 9
third record: 1:43.158 Lap 15
fourth record: 1'42.156 Lap 18

As I said, this race was boring as hell. Im not doing it again, but atleast I got a Formula 1 car... And I just started the game too, so, You think im gonna use it? Wrong. I sold it. But I put it in another memory card with the infinite cash code in. Thats the file that I test my cars settings.;)

But, forget that stuff, he are the final results. As last time, Im the green, the AI is red.

1: Mazda MX-5 Miata LS
-| 1'09'48.067

2: Mazda MX-5 Miata LS
-| +2 laps
3: Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS ( J )
-| +2 laps
4: Mazda MX-5 Miata ( J )
-| +2 laps
5: Mazda MX-5 Miata ( J )
-| +2 laps
6: Mazda MX-5 Miata ( J )
-| +2 laps

Im gonna say, this race is the most boring race I ever raced. Its slow, and slow, and slow. My max speed through the whole course was 116mph. I would suspected that this race would of been a challenge. But they are after all, Miata's, so I can't blame they're low top speed.

what tires were you running? if you were running t2s you prolly made it too easy for yourself. normal or sims the way to go

I must admit I really enjoyed this race, but not because of the racing. The Miata is a very enjoyable drive with the GT Force wheel, and the car is so easy on the T1s that I got into a sort of trance just chipping away at lap times. I was actually disappointed when the race finished!

I ran this one for fun yesterday in the Miata LS. NOrmal tires, and an oil change. LIke Vat-Man said, the LS is just a fun little car to drive. Very easy to move through the corners, and easy on the tires. I didn't think I'd be able to do it on Normal tires, but I ended up posting a 42.983 second win over the other Miata LS. I was granted another miata for my 1:12'38.004 drive. Fastest lap I was able to turn was a 1'43.236. I pitted every 5 laps.

AO

I can't say it was yesterday but in the last week I ran this enduro as a part of my new game start. I had a choice of either the LS or the J model and this go-round, I chose the J-model I had won early on in beginner series.

(As a side note, it seemed to me that in the prize cars on GTP it listed that car as having like 114 hp or something however, when I won it (fancy green no less) it came with the larger hp rating. Further research in the MK program reveals there are several different models with basically 2 hp ratings.)

I would have to concur with both assessments given here so far...

It can be boring and it can be fun. (How's that for committment?)

I'm glad I chose the J model this time through as it made it a whole different race than when I did this in the past with either the 1.8 and with the LS. I wasn't nearly as quick as I was with the LS but with a little time on the track, I think I was pulling down low 1'43.XXX lap times consistently. I really like the 5-speed.

I also found that if I stayed gentle and consistent on the line, I could run beet red tires for about as long as I wanted and only sacrifice a couple of seconds per lap. Not that there is any gain in the race by doing that but rather for the gain in learning to force yourself to "stay the course" and not make the common knee-jerk reactions. Better braking, better turn in, better throttle control and just plain better feel of the car and the track are just some of the benefits.

As it was, it was an easy win even in the J-model with the greater hp. Soon I will return with the other little guy (smaller HP) and give it another go-round. I find the whole MX-5 series fun to drive (read relaxing to wind down a hard day at the office). They are easy on tires, the handling is quickly adaptable to situations and this enduro a great way to learn not only the nuances of driving but to learn the tracks best lines as well. Lots of crossover information as things get more competitive for the newbie and lots of reminders for the more experienced.

I thought about that during the enduro and so afterward, went back to check how much better I was having run the enduro. I was able to cut considerable time off my record in the Speedster run around this course.

phattboy

By the way Darin... Nice write up with lots of good information for people to learn.

Nice to get the F-1 for your troubles too huh? I hate it when you get another mazdarati after more than an hour of time.

phattboy

Originally posted by Der Alta
I ran this one for fun yesterday in the Miata LS. NOrmal tires, and an oil change. LIke Vat-Man said, the LS is just a fun little car to drive. Very easy to move through the corners, and easy on the tires. I didn't think I'd be able to do it on Normal tires, but I ended up posting a 42.983 second win over the other Miata LS. I was granted another miata for my 1:12'38.004 drive. Fastest lap I was able to turn was a 1'43.236. I pitted every 5 laps.

AO

I did the same exact thing you did w/ the LS. :P My margin of victory was still over a lap. I forgot my fastest lap because it was so long ago that i ran it. :lol:

I really like this race too :)

My goal is to win the race using sim tyes on a Miata LS - however, I still need to take about a second off my lap time to be able to win...

Originally posted by vat_man
What's the tyre wear like on normal and sim tyres?

Sim tyres don't really degrade - they just get redder!! :)

Their performance is pants anyways :D - you need to do the entire race without a pitstop to stand a chance of winning on sims...

Originally posted by phattboy
By the way Darin... Nice write up with lots of good information for people to learn.

Nice to get the F-1 for your troubles too huh? I hate it when you get another mazdarati after more than an hour of time.

phattboy

I don't like the formula 1 cars. I think they are cheating. They are only fun if you take on other formula 1 cars.

Originally posted by Darin
I don't like the formula 1 cars. I think they are cheating. They are only fun if you take on other formula 1 cars.

Actually, if you take this in perspective, I think it could be looked at a lot of different ways for a lot of different people.

Having been at this for a while now, I happen to subscribe to the idea of racing within the game challenge. That is to say, when racing a particular venue of cars, race the same or lessor car. Pardon the pun of "When in Rome... do as the Romans do."

On the other hand, when I race against my son or my wife, I don't begrudge them the equalizer of an F1 car. (Not because they don't have the potential of being better at it than me... I just do it more than they do right now.)

Either way, in terms of real value, I only meant you could sell the F1 or keep it depending on its worth to you at where you are in the game. Heck, with the extra cash off the auction block for your unwanted F1, you can keep fresh Dihatsus stocked up in your garage if that is your particular favorite. Hmmm... :rolleyes: (Now there's a thought.)

My best with the Miata LS, is a 1:40.993, on T2's. I enjoyed this race, the underpowered cars are fun sometimes, compared to , point the rocket in the right direction races.

And somehow, by the grace of god, I recieved the Formula 1 car on the first time I finished the Miata Enduro!!!

Back