• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 215 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
COVID-19/Coronavirus dared threaten the 2020 season of Major League Baseball. It was also a season where most fans (and maybe some teams) would want to punish the Houston Astros on their cheating scandal of the 2017 World Series. Major League Baseball still found a way to get in a 60-game regular season. Even with an expanded playoffs and some extra measures put into play, we saw the Los Angeles Dodgers win the championship. A lot of Dodgers fans seen it as closure, though some wished they took on the Astros for the title.

No one knows what 2021 will bring as we are still mostly veiled under the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic. All we do know, though, is that unless things spiral out of control again, we are hopeful to get in a proper season of Major League Baseball. Everything from off-season moves to the clinching game of the World Series is fair game to discuss in this thread. So you baseball fans check in and chat about the 2021 MLB season!

George Springer can test the Free Agent market now. He declined a qualifying offer by the Houston Astros and may be looking for some other team. He might also decide to re-sign with the Houston Astros. George Springer has played for nine season with the Houston Astros. I'm just hoping the Astros don't feel like they have to blow up the core and start all over again.

Also among tough Astros news is that A.J. Hinch has sued the Houston Astros for breach of contract during the sign stealing scandal.

There is also a rumor that the Astros may be interested in free agent Jackie Bradley Jr. of the Boston Red Sox.

The Miami Marlins recently made history hiring Kim Ng as General Manager of the team. Kim Ng is the first female General Manager in MLB history as well as the first Asian-American General Manager in MLB history. Cool story and a big step forward for women.

2B Robinson Cano of the New York Mets is suspended for the 2021 season after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. So no Cano for 2021.

2B Robinson Cano of the New York Mets is suspended for the 2021 season after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. So no Cano for 2021.
Which ironically is only bad news for Cano. He threw away $24 million. The Mets have a LOT of cash available and only have $24 million more to spend this year.

The Houston Astros must be trying to blow up the core and start over again. George Springer turned down an extension deal days ago. So what now? Now there's talk about teams possibly looking to trade Carlos Correa. Maybe the Astros want to be mediocre again in light of the fallout from the 2017 cheating scandal. No way in Hell would I want to see my beloved baseball team downsize so hard. Unless the Astros are trying to shop José Altuve also, we'd better get some sufficient talent in return. Otherwise, we'll be crap for the next few years.

According to an Instagram post and based on a note in my Twitter feed, Josh Reddick will no longer be part of the Houston Astros. He is a free agent heading into this season. Sad for Reddick to leave the Astros. Maybe it does seem like the Astros are trying to blow up the core and start all over again. A lot of the Houston Astros' outgoing firepower is going to bring them back to mediocrity. This may also be a sign of the Astros moving on from their 2017 cheating scandal. I don't know what to think, but I'm just hoping the Astros don't become irrelevant garbage again.

Read on a Mariners blog that Felix Hernandez could come back to Seattle to save his HoF chances. As a Mariners fan, would like him to come back and retire as an Mariner just like what Griffey and Ichiro did. But I know he doesn’t have the arm like he use to. It would be a situational use for the king. If he can come back on a smaller deal so they can get some other good free agents, I would be down for it.

Cleveland will have a new team name for the first time in 105 years as they are retiring the "Indians" team nickname. My pick for the new name would either be the Spiders (former Cleveland club team name, but not the Indians), the Naps (named initially after Napoleon Lajoie) or the Rustlers (first nickname while called located in Grand Rapids).

I read the CBS article. Cuyahoga's comes to mind first, alliteration is always catchy, then Blues and Blue Sox. If they fall of a cliff again, River Fire might be an unofficial name the fans use. I'll bet $20 they go with Buckeyes.

Buckeyes is really the only name that grabs me, plus they've used the name in recent throwbacks so modern fans are somewhat familiar with it. Really though I just hope they manage to make a decision prior to the start of the season unlike the "Washington Football Team".

On a different note, the St. Paul Saints are officially a member of the Twins organization. They play a whole 10.6 miles from Target Field and there is already a lightrail route running from one to the other. It should be fun to see how it works out.

Washington is owned by a stubborn mule who only changed anything because his bottom line was affected. I honestly think that, while there was uproar about the old logo, this is a long-term plan Cleveland's owners have been working towards, which is probably why they haven't been brought up in current arguments because they had a plan. I wouldn't doubt if they'd already made deals with Ohio State for trademark rights.

Padres have decided that they need to win now and have traded 4 prospects to Tampa Bay for pitcher Blake Snell and, in a separate deal, have traded pitcher Zach Davies and 4 prospects to the Chicago Cubs for pitcher Yu Darvish and catcher Vic Caratini.

New York Mets have decided they want "Mr. Smile" and "Cookie". They have acquired SS Francisco Lindor and P Carlos Carrasco from the Cleveland ______ for SS Andres Gimenez, SS Amed Rosario, #9 prospect P Josh Wolf and #10 prospect OF Isaiah Greene.

My condolences go out in loving memory of the late Tommy LaSorda. Tommy LaSorda has died at the age of 93 years old.

The New York Mets have fired their General Manager, Jared Porter, for allegations of him sending unsolicited text messages to a female reporter back in 2016. I'm sure the Mets will probably find someone better to replace J. Porter as GM.

Well, if you love George Springer, he'll be taking his Springer Dingers to another team. George Springer goes from the Houston Astros to... the Toronto Blue Jays. So a big part of the Astros' offense the past few years has now gone elsewhere. Pending a physical, the deal is for about six years for over $150M USD.

Cleveland will have a new team name for the first time in 105 years as they are retiring the "Indians" team nickname. My pick for the new name would either be the Spiders (former Cleveland club team name, but not the Indians), the Naps (named initially after Napoleon Lajoie) or the Rustlers (first nickname while called located in Grand Rapids).

Cleveland Baseball Team.

While it was previously thought that Michael Brantley would join the Toronto Blue Jays, Brantley instead decided to sign a two-year deal with the Houston Astros. So we retain M. Brantley and his fine offense.

Catcher Jason Castro signed a two-year deal to play for the Houston Astros. J. Castro spent most of his career with the Astros starting in 2010 and within the swing of 2012-2016. He has played about six seasons with the Astros heading into the 2021 season.

Albeit late, I want to offer my condolences in loving memory of former Los Angeles Dodgers great and Hall of Famer Don Sutton. Sutton died at 75. I also want to offer my condolences to Mike Sadek, who was a catcher for the San Francisco Giants. Sadek was 74 at the time of his passing.

C JT Realmuto re-signs with the Phillies: 5 years, $115.5 million.
LHP Brad Hand signs with the Nationals: 1 year $10.5 million.
INF Marcus Semien to sign a 1 year deal with the Blue Jays worth $18 million.

Nobody will make the HoF for the 2021 Season. Curt Schilling fell 16 votes short and was the closest.

Arenado to St. Louis. I need to visit and post in the sports forums more often!

:cheers:

P Trevor Bauer has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Holy hell, the Dodgers are paying Bauer $40 million for the upcoming season? Look I like to make fun of the LOL Mets, but they dodged a bullet there. That's a huge expense and while Bauer is undoubtedly good, $40 million can still get you a helluva return with a couple of other players.

Holy hell, the Dodgers are paying Bauer $40 million for the upcoming season? Look I like to make fun of the LOL Mets, but they dodged a bullet there. That's a huge expense and while Bauer is undoubtedly good, $40 million can still get you a helluva return with a couple of other players.
And if he doesn't opt out after 2021 (which would likely be a mistake/may not matter if the CBA isn't renewed and there's a lockout), he makes $45 million in 2022.

Apparently, Tim Tebow has officially announced his retirement from professional baseball. The former University of Florida quarterback is hanging it up in baseball. Nice knowing you on the baseball front, Tim Tebow...

On Sunday, some of the first Spring Training games of the 2021 season will commence. So this will sort of our first look at all the teams and the new acquisitions made. Here are some of the games slated to be played starting on Sunday:

* MIA Marlins vs. HOU Astros
* LAD Dodgers vs. OAK Athletics <<< LAD Defending Champions
* CIN Reds vs. CIN {Baseball Team}
* TEX Rangers vs. KC Royals
* PIT Pirates vs. BAL Orioles
* PHI Phillis vs. DET Tigers
* ARI Diamondbacks vs. COL Rockies

These are all among other games to be played on Sunday.

Today begins our first look at all of the teams in Major League Baseball for 2021 as they gear up for a new season of baseball. Remember that this is all dress rehersal. Your team wins every preseason game? Good! Your team loses or ties every preseason game? Still good. Just have your team together and don't get key players injured.

Having said that, let's get ready for a new season of Major League Baseball.

Back