April update???

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 126 comments
Well they have to deliver the Mazda car as per the previous article so there is definitely going to be that happening on May 25th
unless further update via the game website.

The quote is already tweeted that updates will be modest in frequency and volume, there was never a plan for a March content and nobody
knows what the current situation is in terms of development given there are more important things that have to be dealt with bus all right
now.

If we get content we get content but don't expect things to follow regular patterns at the moment.

Come on SONY and Polyphony, give us Classic tracks already. Millions are working from home, lots of potential to bring on board new GT enthusiasts who may have never played the GT Sport or those who have given up on the game due to lack of new content.
Just in case you are serious. Correct millions work from home but the developers need thair equipment (dev kits ) etc . But even if we do get updates do you really think they are going to add things like classic tracks this late into the life cycle?

Tokyo has just had its biggest number of daily cases, so I imagine many or most of PD will be working on nothing for a while.

Some stuff can be done remotely of course, but all the PS5 dev kits will be under lock and key at HQ no doubt.

I did wonder if they had any cars already completed due to be released in May that could be released early without any significant extra work being required, however that's clearly not going to happen.

It took 2 days for them to get new Time Trials out, which I think gives a very good indication of their current situation.

So, folks, make the most of what we've already got :cheers:

Tokyo has just had its biggest number of daily cases, so I imagine many or most of PD will be working on nothing for a while.

Some stuff can be done remotely of course, but all the PS5 dev kits will be under lock and key at HQ no doubt.

Two things to point out:
- It's good that GT Sport is a PS4 game. You're not going to need the PS5 dev-kits for that. I see GT7's development being much more affected than any GTS update they may want to release.
- Japan is doing great when it comes to mitigating the spread of the virus. I'm sure they have already begun enacting measures to allow for remote work. Even with a lot of cases, as long as you have a decent remote workstation, allowing you to work from safety, you can get the job done. The 80000+ cases in Italy aren't stopping Kunos Simulazione.

If we hear anything, I bet it’d be this Sunday, with an update coming Tuesday if they’re truly planning for a March update.
On the other hand, perhaps they’re planning to skip March and go for an early April update instead.

Is that confirmed?.

What do you mean by confirmed? Confirmed cases of infection or confirmed that they are still working?

If it's the latter, Kunos have recently released their plan for the year and, mind you, the plan was released after the situation began escalating in Italy. It includes a substantial update coming next month, a DLC pack with 10+ cars, another one with 3 new tracks and a console release of their game. Pretty ambitious for a small team if they're significantly hampered. Things can change but, so far, things are on schedule. So that's why PD, with more resources and a better situation in their country, could continue from home, if push comes to shove, at least when GT Sport is concerned. GT7, as others have correctly pointed out, is more problematic because they're certainly not letting anyone take PS5 dev-kits home.

Regardless, expecting an update in March makes little sense after PD said the updates would decrease in "frequency and volume". Considering the last one was released just over a month ago, another update now would not be a reduction in frequency but, rather, business as usual.

If it's the latter, Kunos have recently released their plan for the year and, mind you, the plan was released after the situation began escalating in Italy. It includes a substantial update coming next month, a DLC pack with 10+ cars, another one with 3 new tracks and a console release of their game. Pretty ambitious for a small team if they're significantly hampered. Things can change but, so far, things are on schedule.
Yes it was my bad :lol: thanks for the info.

I forget what Forza it is, but the rotating Championship it has, is it's best feature. Loved jumping in and it randomised the race events.

As it is in GTS, may as well complete all the races and see if I can reach 100 million Cr.

It's probably far too late for it to be a March update considering it's the 29th now and Kaz hasn't posted anything on Twitter (at the time of posting this). If we're really lucky, maybe it could be an early April update or just the end of April, but I'm gonna be That Guy™ and assume the worst case scenario is that the update would be May at the earliest, alongside the Mazda RX-Vision GT3.

I have a feeling with all the bad happing with covid-19, this can change for the game for next gen consoles, they will be push back to 2021, as for now we are all lock up staying home and playing games so Mabe gt sport can get a deep forest and a few more cars now pleas

I have a feeling with all the bad happing with covid-19, this can change for the game for next gen consoles, they will be push back to 2021, as for now we are all lock up staying home and playing games so Mabe gt sport can get a deep forest and a few more cars now pleas
They may not even be allowed to work in the studio at this point...

We probably won’t see new content until summer time, if at all.
Well we have the Mazda Gr.3 promised to us in May. I figure it won't be alone.

There's also the Porsche that is supposed to be coming this year, and the Lambo VGT.

NA and EU wouldnt affect PD though... my opinion is that if PD wants a break then they can have one.

I just feel that we appreciate that PD goes above and beyond mostly... and with the lukewarm response from the last update and the earliest expected update being the mazda may 25th thing... yeesh. This is hard going.

Well it's interesting to see they are making changes but I hope the Tyre Wear changes are for the better.

I really struggle with the grip/balance on Grp1/2/3/4 cars at the moment so I hope it will be better for me!

Also good that we can change our contracts for manufactures, I just hope we have enough time to make some tests and decide which manufacturer but of course I will probably hear about that hear first!

Back