Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
GTP Mario Kart 8 - Time Trial Challenges - Week 1
We are back with 2 fresh challenges. The scoreboard has been reset
, best of luck :)

How to Submit?
Submit by uploading your time trial to MKTV, you'll need to have me as a friend so I can see. Make sure you post a message on Miiverse saying what Challenge it is. I'll be watching every second of the A Challenges that are submitted and any Fire Hopping attempts will have their Submission terminated. The amount of submits you can do varies from challenge to challenge but the latest Submission is the one that counts unless stated otherwise.

Challenge 1-A (Fire Hopping Banned)
Welcoming Party
Track: Mario Kart Stadium
wiiu_screenshot_tv_010ed-jpg.355647

Characters allowed:
Baby Rosalina
Pink Gold Peach
Iggy
Larry
Wendy
Morton
Roy
Lemmy
Ludwig
Link
Tanooki Mario
Cat Peach
Villager
Isabelle

Vehicle Parts Allowed:
Body: All
Wheels: All
Glider: All

Submissions allowed:
Up to 5

Challenge 1-B (Fire Hopping Allowed)
F-Zero Rally Championship
Track: Big Blue
wiiu_screenshot_tv_010ed-jpg.355648

Characters allowed:
All

Vehicle Parts Allowed
Body: Blue Falcom and P-Wing only
Wheels: Standard Blue only
Glider: Any

Submissions allowed:
1 Only

Points System:
Points are awarded individually between A and B Challenges.

1st: 10
2nd: 8
3rd: 6
4th: 4
5th: 2

Character Bonus System:
Top 5 players will be awarded Bonus Points for using lighter Characters due to their lack of Speed, the following Bonus Point
s awarded for each Character is below:

0 Points - Wario, Bowser, Dry Bowser, Morton, Heavy Mii
1 Point - Waluigi, Link, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Roy, DK, Rosaline
2 Points - Male Villager, Tanooki Mario, Mario, Luigi, Ludwig, Iggy, Medium Mii
3 Points - Cat Peach, Female Villager, Yoshi, Peach, Daisy
4 Points - Larry, Wendy, Koopa, Lakitu, Toad, Toadette, Shy Guy, Isabelle
5 Points - Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Lemmy, Light Mii​

I was thinking about something funny today, remember how there were people complaining about the mercedes DLC 'not fitting mario kart' but yet the P-Wing seems to be getting praised by erryone when it is practically just a slighly modified Acura NSX? :lol:

The
I was thinking about something funny today, remember how there were people complaining about the mercedes DLC 'not fitting mario kart' but yet the P-Wing seems to be getting praised by erryone when it is practically just a slighly modified Acura NSX? :lol:
Name ruins everything. If the Mercedes were branded differently no one will bat an eye.

Remember the B Dasher Mk2 from MKWii which was practically are Modern F1 Replica? Nobody cared.

I would have rathered the MKII made a comeback than the original B-Dasher, that was a sublime looking machine. :drool: I was looking back at all our posts on the build-up to launch since the thread is near its 1,000 reply mark and it is funny seeing us all talk about DLC and a 'possible faster mode'. :lol:
The

Name ruins everything. If the Mercedes were branded differently no one will bat an eye.

Remember the B Dasher Mk2 from MKWii which was practically are Modern F1 Replica? Nobody cared.

I would have rathered the MKII made a comeback than the original B-Dasher, that was a sublime looking machine. :drool: I was looking back at all our posts on the build-up to launch since the thread is near its 1,000 reply mark and it is funny seeing us all talk about DLC and a 'possible faster mode'. :lol:
Same here, a very sexy kart indeed. I do like the original B Dasher, when being Metal Mario online or in TT but Aero look of the Mk2 makes it better if it appeared :P,

An updated version could have had KERS and DRS! :lol: :lol:
Same here, a very sexy kart indeed. I do like the original B Dasher, when being Metal Mario online or in TT but Aero look of the Mk2 makes it better if it appeared :P,

I'm not at the Wii U currently but I was actually going to make a general post in the thread about people possibly wanting to play later, obviously time-zones are a constraint but I was going to go online in around 9 hours time(which is 10:30PM for me).
Oh lord :lol:, imagine online? but isn't that what Slipstream and Mushrooms are for XD?

I might go online soon 200cc if you want to join?

I'm not at the Wii U currently but I was actually going to make a general post in the thread about people possibly wanting to play later, obviously time-zones are a constraint but I was going to go online in around 9 hours time(which is 10:30PM for me).
I should be awake and home alone by then :)👍

Just a had a few online races prior and 3DS Koopa City pretty much hell for most people in 200cc. The margine from me and 2nd was so huge due to everyone else falling off and hitting walls. They had to get Bullets too catch :P.

That first race... I had defence but 2 red shells went right through my defence item. Talk about lag :lol:

That first race... I had defence but 2 red shells went right through my defence item. Talk about lag :lol:
:lol: I never knew how chaotic, difficult and fun over 10000 VR Racing is ;). Though I think I did all right despite the fact, we rarely asaw each other :P.

My internet cut out on the 5th Race, I'll try getting back on soon.

Sorry for backing out. Wanted to try a heavier combination because I was getting bullied a lot.

I'll jump on for half an hour, Red Wings game doesn't start till then so I can squeeze some races in. :D

Sorry for backing out. Wanted to try a heavier combination because I was getting bullied a lot.
It's fine, having a Shower anyway... sorry for using Inside Bikes though... they seem a bit OP in 200cc for me to be up there with you 10000 lot but I just like the handling (though all the outer drifers kept punting me with their buts :yuck: :lol:).

Funny thing, on SNES Rainbow Road, I was about to hit you with a Red Shell if the Blue Shell didn't come first. :lol:. Though lucky I didn't because a Red Shell came after me XD.

Back