Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
A section based track that uses all the mechanics. 1st Section uses Water, 2nd Section uses Gliding then the 3rd Section ends off with Anti-Gravity.
That would be really cool!

Anyways I've been time trialing Mute City on and off since February with one goal in mind: to get a 1:51. Well tonight that's finally happened! Quite pleased with this time even though my best splits give me a 1:51.4xx :D

zlCfzTYmSv08vhB207

Anyways I've been time trialing Mute City on and off since February with one goal in mind: to get a 1:51. Well tonight that's finally happened! Quite pleased with this time even though my best splits give me a 1:51.4xx :D

zlCfzTYmSv08vhB207
I've been developing a time for N64 Rainbow Road ever since I started the game. Here is the time I just set:
WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg

Considering you're using Yoshi, that's actually a really impressive time. I think the bike world record is 1:22.6, which obviously uses heavyweights. Really good job with that time. 👍
I could try with my Super Heavyweight Dry Bowser or even my Metalweight Metal Mario but I want a record done with my favourite character (Dry Bowser is a close 10th behind all the Yoshis :P).

Also, is that Inside Bikes only or All Bikes because then I think Fire Hopping is also involved if it is All Bikes?

Anyway got an MKTV Video on Popular :D:
WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg

I could try with my Super Heavyweight Dry Bowser or even my Metalweight Metal Mario but I want a record done with my favourite character (Dry Bowser is a close 10th behind all the Yoshis :P).

Also, is that Inside Bikes only or All Bikes because then I think Fire Hopping is also involved if it is All Bikes?

Anyway got an MKTV Video on Popular :D:
View attachment 374589
Inside drifting.

I've got a MK8 Gallery up if you want to check it out or even upload your own stuff if you want :P. Let's spread the MK8 Love.

I'm surprised you don't have a #1 on MK8 yet Doodle, whats taking you so long? :P
Haha. I just don't have the skills needed to become the best. Maybe on Big Blue or Mute City if I work hard enough, but for now it just wont happen until I'm good enough.

The amount of times I got peltered with items after Big Blue :lol: (Triple Red shot at MK Stadium too).

Anyway had lots of fun racing with you lot but I got school now.

@Doodle I didn't even know you were racing at Rainbow Road :lol:

That's Mario Kart for ya. :)
True :P

It was a great MK Session never-less. I'm fine with 3 out of 7 wins :D. Though 1 of them went really bad :lol:.

Anyway, I had an Idea for us with online racing;
Instead of having a Tournament, we could compare each others Win-Loss Ratios againt all the GTP Karters, Bikers and ATVers and have them in the OP

Example:

I have done:
29 Races with Doodle
6 Races with Classic
4 Races with TripleA5

39 in total

Out of those:
I've won 21 times against Doodle
I've won 3 times against Classic
I've won 4 times against TripleA5

28 in total.

So:

28 over 39 so my Win-Loss ratio is around 72%

full

Posted this very close finish on my MK8 Galleries.

Despite me doing 1st, 1st, Very Bad, Meh, Meh, Meh, 1st. I actually shocked to see how well I did compared to every around 10000 person in the session. Only 2 People beat me in a Win-Loss ration of 4/7... so 57% :D.

Anyway, have any you guys tried online battles. I'm actually finding them to be the best part of MK Online, I do very poorly at them but I love fre-roaming tracks and I wish some DLC tracks could've been used (Yoshi Circuit, SNES Rainbow Road, Baby Park etc.)

I'm heading online now if anyone wants to join me?

Nevermind: I'm the only one one online doing 200cc

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised to see how many people actually do not like 200cc or want tracks to go wider for 200cc :odd: :lol:

I'm actually surprised to see how many people actually do not like 200cc or want tracks to go wider for 200cc :odd: :lol:
It's just different right now, an alien experience...People aren't big on re-learning.

zlCfzTYmSv08vhB207

The improvements continue. Top 10 worldwide is possible. :D

zlCfzTadgfQvZnW6US

• I had the most amazing dream about Mario Kart 8 :lol:

The game got patched which included a 200cc X class. It's the same as 200cc but the A.I were tougher and the tracks were redesigned to be more challenging,

The cup order and tracks were rearrange too with no such thing as a Retro GP. In the dream I only did the last cup (Called the 8 Cup), here were the tracks and what changed.

1st: 3DS Piranha Plant Pipeway.
  • The race actually started at the end of the underwater section.
  • Goombas were larger
  • Water streamed the opposite direction, making you go slower
  • Thwomps appeared in rows after every jump
  • There were 2 Piranha Plants in the Water Section on each side instead of 1 in the middle.
2nd: Bowser's Castle
  • Layout was mirrored though not anything else
  • There is a giant metal Bowser head in the entrance that spins and breaths fire
  • The giant Golem Bowser breathed Fire instead of Punching the roads
  • Bullet Bills appeared throughout the Gliding Section and there were many of them :shocked:
3rd: Mute City
  • Not much changed except you had traffic from F-Zero vehicles charging straight at you at fast speeds in the opposite direction
Final: SNES Rainbow Road
  • You race the track backwards
  • Track was far narrower with Heavy and Super characters barely beng able to stay on the track
  • A rainbow version of the Dragoneel enemies from NSMBU appeares along the second straight coming straight at you. Avoiding this with a Heavy or Super Heavy will make people rage.
  • At the end before the finish line, you have to hanglide through a row of Rainbow Thwomps.

• I had the most amazing dream about Mario Kart 8 :lol:
The game got patched which included a 200cc X class. It's the same as 200cc but the A.I were tougher and the tracks were redesigned to be more challenging,

The cup order and tracks were rearrange too with no such thing as a Retro GP. In the dream I only did the last cup (Called the 8 Cup), here were the tracks and what changed.

1st: 3DS Piranha Plant Pipeway.
  • The race actually started at the end of the underwater section.
  • Goombas were larger
  • Water streamed the opposite direction, making you go slower
  • Thwomps appeared in rows after every jump
  • There were 2 Piranha Plants in the Water Section on each side instead of 1 in the middle.
2nd: Bowser's Castle
  • Layout was mirrored though not anything else
  • There is a giant metal Bowser head in the entrance that spins and breaths fire
  • The giant Golem Bowser breathed Fire instead of Punching the roads
  • Bullet Bills appeared throughout the Gliding Section and there were many of them :shocked:
3rd: Mute City
  • Not much changed except you had traffic from F-Zero vehicles charging straight at you at fast speeds in the opposite direction
Final: SNES Rainbow Road
  • You race the track backwards
  • Track was far narrower with Heavy and Super characters barely beng able to stay on the track
  • A rainbow version of the Dragoneel enemies from NSMBU appeares along the second straight coming straight at you. Avoiding this with a Heavy or Super Heavy will make people rage.
  • At the end before the finish line, you have to hanglide through a row of Rainbow Thwomps.
That would be...interesting! :lol:

The 200cc X dream actually got me to ramp up huge ideas for my fan made drawn Mario Kart :P.

There is no such thing as a retro or nitro cup. There is 12 cups separated into 5 tiers, each cup has 2 Retro Tracks and 2 Nitro Tracks like most of the DLC Cups in MK8.

For the Retro tracks, I actually favoured the SNES (with 6), GBA (with 3) and GCN (with 3) tracks more than the others because I feel like I could do more with them. N64 is the lest favoured for 2 reasons.
1. My least favourite game in the franchise.
2. The only track that hasn't been remade is Wario Stadium
I also added tracks from the Arcade games.

Here are all my Retro Tracks in cup order (Note: only Mushroom to Egg Cup retro tracks have been finished).

Tier 1 - Mushroom Cup
Wii Mario Circuit
SNES Choco Island 1

Tier 2 - Fire Cup
GBA Riverside Park
SNES Bowser Castle 2

Tier 2 - Ice Cup
Wii U - Shy Guy Falls
N64 - Wario Stadium

Tier 3 - Lightning Cup
GCN - Mushroom City
SNES - Ghost Valley 3

Tier 3 - Egg Cup
DS - Shroom Ridge
GBA - Snow Land

Tier 3 - Star Cup
Wii - Dry Dry Ruins
DS - Figure-8 Circuit

Tier 4 - Blue Shell Cup
3DS - Alpine Pass
Arcade - Yoshi Park 1

Tier 4 - Super Horn Cup
Wii U - Hyrule Circuit
SNES - Vanilla Lake 2

Tier 4 - Bullet Bill Cup
Arcade - Mario Beach
3DS - Wario's Galleon

Final Tier - Special Cup
SNES - Donut Plains 2
GCN - Boweser's Castle

Final Tier - Bell Cup
SNES - Koopa Beach 1
GCN - Rainbow Road

Final Tier - Infinity Cup
GBA - Sunset Wilds
Arcade - Rainbow Downhill

Somewhat reviving this thread with a huge accomplishment. I've reached the 1:50s on Mute City! Top 10 is only a tenth away (sushi is 10th and I'm racing his ghost for reference) and my best splits give me a mid .6, or 5th worldwide! :eek:

MlWA77yeWjsYf47uie

Nice job :) 👍

With me, I've takin' a bit of a break from MK8 Online Publicly as I've been playing with another friend online who recently got it and trying to get him to get used to the game. He's currently working at 150cc but I've been teaching him about 200cc as we go along and soon he'll make the real jump to 200cc.

Back