Martial Artists

• Thread starter oosacker
  • 249 comments
it's friggin cool to just cross someone in the face without them kicking you back or something like that, the ****ty thing is fighting someone faster and stronger that's when u start getting headaches

dude samurais are cool, i like ninjas better though like on tenchu, i don't know whats up with me today all i'm talking about is videogames

I started with tai kwon do. then i moved on to kensaedo and took kendo at the same time. after that i took shodo kahn for a brief time. but i never liked karate, its for girls :P since then i've been practicing wing chun (which was invented by a girl...lol). i find the fluidity of kung fu is much more natural, and it's definetly superior to karate. I started practicing ninjitsu a while back, but i've been pretty lax in that. just a bit too lazy :D

I've been studying and teaching Uechi-Ryu (Okinawan karate) for 8 years. I have a 3rd degree black belt and I'm testing for 4th this summer :)

I run my own dojo (see sig) and have several students...I dabbled in some other styles before this one (Shotokan, aikido, brazilian jj) but Uechi Ryu fits me the best.

Safe to say that martial arts is a major part of my life... the only problem is that the average bear doesn't understand what it's all about. Most people think it's all about breaking boards and being a badass...well it's not!!!

3rd degree, 4th degree, blah sounds impressive, but it's not what most people think. Yes it took hard work and tons of practice, but it doesn't mean I can dodge bullets or take on 15 people at once.

2 maybe. :D

oosaker...
if your serious about it you can check out www.bugei.com
awesome quality, rivaling if not suprassing those of feudal japan.
otherwise, just get a cheap one :P or if you want nice quality at a affordable price check out The Noble Collection.They carry almost any type of sword you could want, and they are all very good quality. better then anything i've seen aside from bugei and a few other companies. but these swords don't cost thousands :D they also have payment plans if you need that. i don't remember how i went about getting the catalouge from noble collection, since they don't have a website. but you can call the ordering number and i'm sure they can help ya out. 1-800-866-2538
i'll scan a pic of the samurai swords in a bit.

man why do u guys do martial arts you don't need technique to kick someones ass and if u have a lot of friends even better

and in case your wondering, the temperlines are real. no etching on em.

Attachments

• swords.jpg
    swords.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 35
another...i purchased the blue one when i was 14. loved it :D sold it about a year ago. i'm either gonna get one from bugei next, or get a custom made one.

Attachments

• swords2.jpg
    swords2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 31
more...i thought about getting one of the shirasya. i actually wanted to order the blue one with the shirasaya blade, but they don't do custom :(

Attachments

• swords3.jpg
    swords3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 28

Latest Posts

Back