Martialstax Gallery - Another Photodump

Lincoln_Stax
2005 BMW M5 with Alfa Romeo hubcaps

Suzuki GSX-R/4 with Honda hubcaps

Spyker C8 with Toyota hubcaps

Ford Mustang with Nissan hubcaps

It works on the first three giving them a unique retro-cool look, but it only makes the Mustang look like the low-rent six-cylinder base model.

Last edited:
A little tip, don't use that sort of HTML. Since the forum software GTP is running on hates that type of HTML. Us the option for thumbnails called forum thumbnail 1 or something like that.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
A little tip, don't use that sort of HTML. Since the forum software GTP is running on hates that type of HTML. Us the option for thumbnails called forum thumbnail 1 or something like that.

I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it. I've painstakingly corrected all of the code so the images can be seen now.

De@tthwi§ho0
the Mustang looks nice though,, in the first two pics it needs a little of brightening up:)

I believe you're right. I like Gion and the fish market as photo locations, it's just a matter of getting the lighting right.

they look cool! good work martialstax

Nice start man! The suzuki and Spyker look cool. Keep 'em coming! :dopey:

If you get chance, feel free to check my gallery, and leave comments.

magburner
Nice start man! The suzuki and Spyker look cool. Keep 'em coming! :dopey:

If you get chance, feel free to check my gallery, and leave comments.

I'll be sure to do that. I've been using photomode since the game came out. I have about 3000 images, so I'm sure I can come up with more.

dahze_dichriste
Nice work and great experimentation. Come to think of it, I don't think I even have a Spyker C8 in my garage...

-Dahze

Thank you. I think the Spyker is a great car. I used it about a dozen times in the New York endurance race while trying to win every color of the '71 Dodge Charger. It was perfect for that race.

Wow that Spyker looks great, and that 'stang does too 👍

If you have time you should stop by my gallery and leave a comment or two.

My goal was to find one picture of just about every classic Japanese car in the game that I wouldn't be embarrassed to show.

1958 Subaru 360, 1962 Mazda Carol, 1962 Nissan Skyline Sports Coupe, 1963 Nissan Skyline

1964 Honda S500, 1965 Nissan Silvia, 1967 Toyota 2000GT, 1967 Mazda Cosmo

1967 Honda N360, 1967 Nissan Skyline GT-B, 1968 Isuzu 117, 1968 Honda S800 race car

1968 Nissan Fairlady, 1969 Nissan Bluebird, 1969, Isuzu Bellett GT-R, 1970 Honda 1300 Coupe S

1970 Toyota Celica, 1970 Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR, 1970 Honda Z Act, 1971 Nissan 240Z

1971 Nissan Skyline GT-R, 1972 Honda Life, 1973 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR, 1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Wow, it's been three and a half years since I updated this thread. The thing is, I've been playing with Photomode and Phototravel ever since the game came out. I don't know that I've really progressed as a photographer (or whatever you want to call someone who does this) in the last four years or so. So it's time to put my photography up for review. Feel free to give it to me straight. Anything is welcome if it's offered in the spirit of constructive criticism. So let's start with the photos I've been taking over the last week for the contests on this forum.

1969 Ford GT40 at Sears Point (Infineon, if you must)

1967 Toyota 2000GT in Shibuya

1962 Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe and 1958 Subaru 360 at Tokyo Route 246

2008 Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car at Cathedral Rocks I

2001 Honda Civic Type-R (EP) in Brooklyn

1991 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evolutione

[URL=http://img40.imageshack.us/i/img0273qa.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited:
Some updates. Those of you who partake in the Photomode competitions will recognize the subjects.

1937 Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline in flight above the Test Course

1962 Prince (Nissan) Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) at Sagano

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) at Twin Ring Motegi

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 at Seattle

1970 Dodge Charger 440 R/T in Times Square and Special Stage Route 5

Last edited:
To be fair, I stopped in to share my opinion of the last two releases.

I'm seeing a lot of depth and good vision, but the brightness could be tweaked just a tiny bit and some themes are repeated. Also, Post in more rows, as opposed to 1 row of 17 Pics, why not 3 rows ( six pics in two, five in one.) It saves scrolling across the screen (which I would have missed a load of pics had I not scrolled). With just a little more practise you'll grow into it though. There's a lot of good, raw work here. ;)👍

Cheers,
Jetboy

Nice new update, although I don't know why to post so many pictures of a car at the same location at almost excatly the same camera angle...

Jetboy, sorry about the sidescrolling. It was all conforming to my screen so I thought it was working for everyone else. I guess I should have figured they'd look different in different browsers. I've gone back and changed it so there are only six pictures in a row. As for tweaking the brightness, are you suggesting they're took dark? The old tv I use for my PS2 has a screen that's too bright, so I tend to take dark pictures without realizing it. I've been trying to brighten up my photos to compensate for it, but it's a bit of a guessing game.

Nenad, mostly I've been using this as a dumping ground for the photos I take for the various competitions. So there are often images that are very close in composition as I experiment with angles, depth, light, shutter speed, etc.

I appreciate the feedback, everyone.

Last edited:
Jetboy, sorry about the sidescrolling. It was all conforming to my screen so I thought it was working for everyone else. I guess I should have figured they'd look different in different browsers. I've gone back and changed it so there are only six pictures in a row. As for tweaking the brightness, are you suggesting they're took dark? The old tv I use for my PS2 has a screen that's too bright, so I tend to take dark pictures without realizing it. I've been trying to brighten up my photos to compensate for it, but it's a bit of a guessing game.
Please don't see me as being over critical, I come off as a bit of an ass sometimes. :lol: But, when you make a picture, bump the Exposure up to 1.0 (Or the highest value). It looks a little flat and way overbright on TV screen but it translates well once onto computer. I got heavily criticized early on for the exact same things in my gallery (Both counts, actually.)

Cheers,
Jetboy

Please don't see me as being over critical, I come off as a bit of an ass sometimes. :lol: But, when you make a picture, bump the Exposure up to 1.0 (Or the highest value). It looks a little flat and way overbright on TV screen but it translates well once onto computer. I got heavily criticized early on for the exact same things in my gallery (Both counts, actually.)

Wow, that high? Okay, I'll give it a try. Thanks. And don't worry. I didn't think you were being overly critical or an ass. I like getting the feedback.

LSX
Wow you have some great shots in your gallery!

That Nissan in the forest looks so good!

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

It's time for another image dump. I made these images for the last two Unedited Photomode competitions. The Corvette was photographed on the New York circuit. My goal was to find an image using strong contrast between light on the top of the car and dark below to highlight the line of the body. Rather than racing it, I photographed the car moving at very low speed in small circles to get pictures that look like the car is parked on Broadway. I went with the last image. I only got one vote, but still, I appreciate that someone liked it.

For the Caterham, I wanted to photograph it at Tsukuba in the wet. I wanted to show the light weight and flickable nature of the car by drifting it as much as possible. I also wanted the reflection in the wet pavement. Again, I went with the last image.

Im liking the 3rd and 5th caterham shots.

Great sense of space and a good composition especially in the 3rd shot.

The action of the driver counter steering and a good mixture of sharpness and blur make the 5th one neat.

The 4th one is pretty neat too, though if you were able to get just a hair more in front of the car on that shot i think it would have been spot on.

Wow nice pictures you took, I like 2nd, 3rd, 9th and the last picture in your newest update, good sense of composition they have and I saw you liked old cars, I think they're good to take a picture of... I'm looking forward to seeing pictures in your next update too. 👍

Thank you, Lord Nicon and YellowBird23. It's true, I do love the older cars. My dream is for KY to release a GT Classic with nothing but older cars and race tracks.

Back