Martini licensing

• Thread starter Rotard12a
  • 14 comments
Rotard12a
A few days ago I popped in GT5 for the first time since February and noticed during a race at Monza that the iconic "Martini bridges" were missing the Martini logos that make them so distinctive. Just plain concrete.

Has it always been this way? Or was there an update that removed them while I was on GT5 hiatus?

All Martini cars in the game have the logos changed or missing. So I'm guessing that they didn't want alcohol advertisement to be in the game. Cigarette ads are also missing.

Funny thing is, the Stratos Rally Car is also missing its Alitalia sponsors which are replaced by PD logos...how could that have happened? Bearing in mind this is an airline company we're talking here. :indiff:

Funny thing is, the Stratos Rally Car is also missing its Alitalia sponsors which are replaced by PD logos...how could that have happened? Bearing in mind this is an airline company we're talking here. :indiff:

I remember something about that... I also remember someone saying Alitalia went out of business or something. I'm not sure though.

I remember something about that... I also remember someone saying Alitalia went out of business or something. I'm not sure though.

This would explain it...the Alitalia today is different to the one back then so the licensing operations aren't the same.

Same thing that happened with the NASCAR games, no alcohol ads. In the NASCAR games they replaced the company with the drivers name -_-

So there can't be alcohol references in an E game but they can advertise Bud Light on family sports programming? (Football) Just seems wrong.

So there can't be alcohol references in an E game but they can advertise Bud Light on family sports programming? (Football) Just seems wrong.

Yeah, it's a little backwards. I don't know about other countries, but in the US it's two different regulatory bodies that make such decisions: FCC for television and ESRB for games. They have very different motives.

Red-bull is a harmfull drink imo , especially for kids , yet it is everywhere in gt5:(

I agree that the different treatment is unfair but, as Dreamer mentioned, it's legal to purchase and consume the drug caffeine at any age so PD has no reason to not enjoy the profits of Red Bull sponsorship.

If only GT5 were on the PC, we could just throw some new textures in and solve this great injustice!

A few days ago I popped in GT5 for the first time since February and noticed during a race at Monza that the iconic "Martini bridges" were missing the Martini logos that make them so distinctive. Just plain concrete.

Has it always been this way? Or was there an update that removed them while I was on GT5 hiatus?

If you look at the logos on the bridge on the start finish straight the word Martini has been replaced by a silhouette of an old F1 car, but the logo is still recogniseable.

If you look at the logos on the bridge on the start finish straight the word Martini has been replaced by a silhouette of an old F1 car, but the logo is still recogniseable.

At Monza? There isn't a bridge on the main straight there...

It's legal to all ages. Just not suggested to all of 'em. ;) So it's everywhere as it wishes to be. :P

It's also disgusting. :sly:

I really think it's just licensing issues and it might've been too hairy for PD to go in and get every licensing agreement from every sponsor on every race car.

This has been an issue for the entire Gran Turismo series. Everywhere a Martini logo would be either on a car or track signage has been replaced with an outline or a different logo.

Back