FoolKiller

Don't be a fool.
Premium
United States
Frankfort, KY
GTP_FoolKiller
FoolKiller1979
The-Defenders-1024x576.jpeg

It's Marvel's ground-level Hell's Kitchen super hero team. Few non-comic fans know their names.

Marvel and Netflix signed a five-show deal:

Daredevil
aka Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

and then: a Defenders mini-series.

Marvel is using Netflix to do with Defenders what it did with Avengers in the cinema.

Up right now is Daredevil, likely the only member that your average person knows of. Unfortunately, their experience was portrayed by Ben Affleck...poorly.

Daredevil-.jpg

This time around Daredevil/Matt Murdock is portrayed by actor Charlie Cox. Having seen all but two episodes myself, I can say with certainty that this is a proper take on Daredevil. The bonus to telling an origin story and first conflict in a 13-episode arc is that you don't have to have unnecessary dialogue that goes out of its way to explain things due to time constraints. You have time to pass that on to the audience naturally.

Daredevil takes place in Hell's Kitchen, an area of Manhattan, as it is rebuilding after the events in the Avengers. No one says Avengers, or refers to them or SHIELD. You will not be seeing Iron Man flying by overhead. It is brief mentions of rebuilding and one where a guy mentions that he isn't using an iron suit or a magic hammer. In this aftermath and rebuilding organized crime is moving in and one man decides to protect his city from those who would prey upon it.

Starring:

Charlie Cox
Deborah Ann Woll
Elden Henson
Rosario Dawson
Bob Gunton
Vincent D'Onofrio

Trailer (may be spoilerish for those who avoid trailers)

aka Jessica Jones has reportedly begun filming, starring Krysten Ritter, and is expected to release later this year.

I just watched the entire first season of Daredevil over the weekend and TRULY enjoyed it. :)

The opening cinema is also good.

I like the opeing sequence, but after about five episodes I either used it as a bathroom/refreshment break time during multiple-episode binge watching or skipped it in order to save some time and maybe be able to watch a second episode.

I wind up doing that with almost all shows I watch on Netflix.

I like the opeing sequence, but after about five episodes I either used it as a bathroom/refreshment break time during multiple-episode binge watching or skipped it in order to save some time and maybe be able to watch a second episode.

I wind up doing that with almost all shows I watch on Netflix.
I usually skip those too and there are very few opening cinemas I like to re-watch. Game of thrones opening cinema is by far one of the most incredible I have ever seen. Daredevils is pretty good too.

I am looking forward to seeing about the other characters you mentioned in the first post. Even though I have not read any of the comics, I seem to like the Marvel universe a lot better overall over DC comic universe. Even though I absolutely loved Man of Steel.

Brief Synopsis of the other characters:

aka Jessica Jones - She used to be a superhero. After a tragic accident she loses her powers and opens her own private detective agency to help battle the rising crime in Hell's Kitchen.

Luke Cage - Eventual husband of Jessica Jones. Has super strength and invulnerable skin (a necessity with super muscles, if we're being honest). Sometimes goes by the name Power Man. When he first came on the scene in Hell's Kitchen he was a hero for hire. He will appear in aka Jessica Jones, played by Mike Colter. Has frequently teamed up with Iron Fist.

Iron Fist - Real Name: Danny Rand. A martial Arts master who gained control of a mystical force known as the Iron Fist, which allows him to focus his chi, enhancing his natural talents to superhuman levels. Has been a partnered hero for hire with Luke Cage. Easter Eggs: In Daredevil the logo on the drug packets is the same logo as one of Iron Fist's enemies, the Steel Serpent.

If you want to get a quick and ugly idea of Luke Cage and Iron Fist watch the animated Ultimate Spiderman that is streaming on Netflix now. It's not very good and portrays them all as teenagers, but Luke Cage and Iron Fist are two of the characters he teams up with.

Finished season 1 a few days ago.

I think it's a fantastic show. Between the "heros series" Daredevil sure has done pretty well. For me it is on the top spot , then Flash, then Arrow. Fighting scenes are so so much better than in the arrow (I think the arrow actor is way too wooden).

Eager for season 2 :D

I think it's a fantastic show. Between the "heros series" Daredevil sure has done pretty well. For me it is on the top spot , then Flash, then Arrow. Fighting scenes are so so much better than in the arrow (I think the arrow actor is way too wooden).

Fighting scenes will always look better when not trying to maintain the broadcast TV allowable rules and maintaining a teen-friendly profile. Netflix can go as far as HBO, when they want.

Yes the fighting scenes were indeed very good in Daredevil. Much better than the Arrow fight scenes. Looking forward to season 2 of Daredevil.

Finally have found time to actually really watch this seriously.

I am on the 5th episode.

So far this show is amazing. For one, it has actually kept my interest, which is not easy for me. I usually will become quite bored with a show in a matter of a couple episodes.

I am really liking the way it seems to be able to show sides of his character without doing to much of one side. Although at times I have felt they focus too much on things outside of his character. Of course they build on to the show and keep a story line, but when scenes get long and drawn out with talking it seems to bore me.

As with the fight scenes, I prefer shorter scenes than longer. These are really about the perfect length for me. There was one time that I thought a fight scene was too long. But this my opinion. :P

I noticed not a lot of talk about Jessica Jones. If you missed it then you missed David Tennant in best MCU villain role.

But if super powered noir detective tales and super strength sex scenes is not your thing (what's wrong with you?), then perhaps it's time to get back to our favorite vigilante, being targeted for punishment.

Meet Frank Castle, no relation to Richard Castle, aka The Punisher.

the_punisher_desktop_wallpaper_by_valag.jpg

Jessica Jones didn't do it for me. She wasn't the most sympathetic lead character.

Loving this show so far (episode 3). Though this has got to be the chattiest version of the Punisher ever.

After having eaten most of my sunday and a good portion of monday I can safely say season two completely blew the first one out of the water for me, and season 1 was already amazing.

And jesus those cliffhangers. I loved the crap out of the Fisk segments.

Just finished the series. It started better than it ended in my opinion.

...Just finished the episode 5, and dude, all'em K-drama lite cliffhangers!! Really.

All I can manage is one episode a day and they are killing me here...

Why, why have I not been watching this all along? I'm legitimately dissatisfied with myself over this.

It's just... I can't even really express myself properly – I need to use profanity. :lol:

Why, why have I not been watching this all along? I'm legitimately dissatisfied with myself over this.

It's just... I can't even really express myself properly – I need to use profanity. :lol:

Well... at least you were only a single season behind. I am pretty surprised to hear that you hadn't been watching these though. Shame on you!

Well, since I can't make a spoiler entry on this dumb phone, my wife nearly spit out her drink when one of the characters were offered a job at a particular law firm. ;) She loved it.

Well... at least you were only a single season behind. I am pretty surprised to hear that you hadn't been watching these though. Shame on you!

I know. This is what I get for dropping my Netflix subscription all those months ago, apparently.

I just finished the first season and, man, I love the whole thing. The costume was introduced about as organically as something like that can be, and... I need to start the second season.

Just finished Jessica Jones. Man, Marvel has something really special going for them with the shows on Netflix; it's just... on an entirely different level.

Tomorrow, I start S2 of Daredevil and once I'm finished with that: depression. :lol:

Back