• Total voters

Danny

Code Red
Premium
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Grim10
Are you kidding?
This stems from an MSN conversation between myself and PS, and I wanted to see what the people of GTP thought.

Which brand do you think is better?

Personally I prefer Maserati because the cars are more accesable and you don't have to wait years and I think the car's are better looking.

Bugatti. Because they are purpose-built supercars which are ultra-rare and totally pwned everything back in the '30's.

Maserati is just turning into another parent-sponsored luxury sport car company with no real goals.

I'm gonna go for Maserati. I absolutely love them. Great styling, and as ultrabeat put it, they are much more accessable.
Bugatti has one car on their line-up, which is a million dollar supercar you gotta wait years for. I don't think these makers make for a fair comparison...

Anyways, Maserati's the way to go 👍

I go for Bugatti, just because of their attitude with the EB110. "I want a better one. Okay, now I want another better one." And of course their rich heritage otherwise.

Not Mas because the 3200/4200/Coupe is terribly boring-looking and they're more common than that strange Cadilac convertible (is that Mas's fault or Cadilac's?). The MC12 looks like it was pin the tail on the donkey day at the Maserati design studio one day, and they hadn't handed anything in for "redesign Enzo".

They're not really comperable in either vision or implementation.
Bugatti designs something insane and sells several of them, every decade or so, on average.
Maserati mass produces accessories for rappers.

PS
Bugatti. Because they are purpose-built supercars which are ultra-rare and totally pwned everything back in the '30's.

Maserati is just turning into another parent-sponsored luxury sport car company with no real goals.
Ageed 👍.

I'll vote for Maserati. The brand gives you all the beutiful driving characterisitcs of a Ferrari without the "male enhancement" image.

My opinion on the Veyron is echoed in this Sniff Petrol quote:
The Bugatti Veyron was designed as a 1001 horsepower flagship for the entire Volkswagen Group. Now, following the cancellation of a planned press launch whilst the steering was re-worked and a downgrading of the projected top speed claims, VW insiders claim the dramatic range-topper will be delayed 'until the end of time'.
'This is not entirely unexpected,' claims Professor Ken Freeply of Nigel Havers College, Kettering, who knows this stuff. 'I think their first mistake was in getting a small boy to lay out the engineering parameters. Whenever I ask my seven-year-old son to draw a supercar he always claims the power output is "a thousand" and that the top speed is "250mph". The difference is, where I'd tell him not to be so ****ing stupid, Volkswagen set about trying to meet those inept kitchen table projections.'
Many industry observers were surprised to spot a small footnote in early Veyron publicity material which read; 'Warning: The value of insanely large power and performance projections may go down as well as up' but even they have been shocked to see that the Bugatti's key stats seem in some way to have been accidentally index linked to the dollar or something.
After rapidly rising to foolishly large amounts, Prof. Freeply now believes that key elements of the W16-powered hypercar are in recession and he has calculated where they may end up, if by some miracle the car ever goes on sale: 'By my reckoning the eventual power output and top speed will fall by around 10 percent per quarter which means, taking an optimistic on-sale date sometime in 2079, that the Veyron will produce 69bhp and have a top speed of 91mph,' he said. 'I also predict a similar downgrading of the car's appearance so that within 50 years it will be a small three door hatchback, something like a garishly two-tone Lupo'. Professor Freeply later denied that he was simply 'making it up'.

bugatti..

The Eb110 is possibly the sexiest car ever made.

Maserati has nothing NEAR that sexy...and NO..the birdcage isn't as sexy as the EB...

Are we talking about the new NOT so good Bugatti? or the REAL bugatti with REAL supercars?

Because the car you just mentioned is a bugatti labeled volkswagen..

icandriftbetter
lol there is no comparison, bugatti blows everything away i mean who else produces a quad turbo w-16 with a 250mph top speed...no one

You're right, no one does, not even Bugatti.

PS
Just like Bugatti. Now owned by VAG, but with only one car to make, and they're having problems with just that. Yes, they are very luxury-based, very small production numbers cars, but without VAG, you'd never see them now.

I like both brands, but right now, I'll take the Maser. They look great, sound great, and the brand image is great. Yes, they are just "another parent-sponsored luxury" company. But, I like the cars they make. I like the Bugatti, but as a whole, I'll take Maser all the time.

Hilg

Driftster
Because the car you just mentioned is a bugatti labeled volkswagen.
Well, it is a Bugatti, give it credit. This isn't some Toyota/Lexus rebadge thing. Its just VAG money, but all Bugatti with the product.

Hilg

JNasty4G63
Just like Bugatti. Now owned by VAG, but with only one car to make, and they're having problems with just that. Yes, they are very luxury-based, very small production numbers cars, but without VAG, you'd never see them now.

Actually they were already in receivership with a Malaysian company, so it's nothing new.
I like both brands, but right now, I'll take the Maser. They look great, sound great, and the brand image is great. Yes, they are just "another parent-sponsored luxury" company. But, I like the cars they make. I like the Bugatti, but as a whole, I'll take Maser all the time.

Hilg
As far as I'm concerned, their brand image isn't that great. IMO, Bugatti's is much more elegant. Plus, everything they do is record setting. They always make the fastest cars of their era. When the Bugatti EB110 was released, it was the fastest car. When the Veyron will be released, it will be the fastest car. And when a bunch of their roadsters in the 20's/30's (I forget which) were realeased, they were the fastest cars. I don't see why the McLaren F1 is so highly regarded.

Maserati... they actually produce enthusiast cars... Bugatti is VAG's white elephant... no wait... they were a white elephant before that... when the name was resurrected to produce the EB110... nice car, horrific styling exercise (it was penned by a committee... they pissed off the designer so much by their "over the shoulder" designing that he just LEFT), terrible financial strategy... BOOM, defunct company.

Not that Maserati was in good condition at the end of the 20th century either, but at least it's still the same company that produced those wonderful Masers of old, and they're starting to produce nice new ones, while Bugatti is still stuck TRYING to get its SINGLE model into LIMITED production. Thanks to the new management, it looks like they'll get it, but they're not going to see a profit from it. (How many million euro cars would you have to sell to counterbalance the hundreds of millions spent on developing this car... hmmmmm...)

niky
Maserati... they actually produce enthusiast cars... Bugatti is VAG's white elephant... no wait... they were a white elephant before that... when the name was resurrected to produce the EB110... nice car, horrific styling exercise (it was penned by a committee... they pissed off the designer so much by their "over the shoulder" designing that he just LEFT), terrible financial strategy... BOOM, defunct company.

Not that Maserati was in good condition at the end of the 20th century either, but at least it's still the same company that produced those wonderful Masers of old, and they're starting to produce nice new ones, while Bugatti is still stuck TRYING to get its SINGLE model into LIMITED production. Thanks to the new management, it looks like they'll get it, but they're not going to see a profit from it. (How many million euro cars would you have to sell to counterbalance the hundreds of millions spent on developing this car... hmmmmm...)

How much could you possibly not know about Bugatti? VAG has stated MANY times they don't expect to turn a profit. Do you honestly expect to think they even expected to turn a profit on the EB110?

Many people praise the Bugatti, and it was even considered "...cutting-edge art." It's also been refered to as a "tour-de-force supercar in the ultimate sense of the word" and has been heralded as a true Italian masterpiece. Plus, you should be comparing this thing to a Ferarri F40, not a Maserati. Plus, it has four catylitic converters for California. :)

PS
As far as I'm concerned, their brand image isn't that great. IMO, Bugatti's is much more elegant.
Well, you go ahead and think that. I don't care about elegance with a sports car. if I want "elegant" I'll get myself a Rolls. Those are elegant to me. With a sports car, I want speed, performance, and feeling. I get that from Maser, not Bugatti. Yes, I know they are one of the oldest, most highly praised brands in the collector car world. But, if its Bugatti now vs. Maserati now, I'm taking the Italian.

Hilg

PS
How much could you possibly not know about Bugatti? VAG has stated MANY times they don't expect to turn a profit. Do you honestly expect to think they even expected to turn a profit on the EB110?

Many people praise the Bugatti, and it was even considered "...cutting-edge art." It's also been refered to as a "tour-de-force supercar in the ultimate sense of the word" and has been heralded as a true Italian masterpiece. Plus, you should be comparing this thing to a Ferarri F40, not a Maserati. Plus, it has four catylitic converters for California. :)

I know that VAG doesn't expect to turn a profit from it... considering that Bugatti was in a right muddle before the current project director took over, no one would.

It's just that Bugatti isn't a good business proposition, and I do give props to VW for having the courage and generosity to keep Bugatti in the fold. If the Veyron never gets built, the automotive world would be much poorer for it.

But during the EB110 era, they spent a ridiculous amount of money, going so far as to building a huge (and sadly now derelict) factory for it. They'd expected to go on making cars forever (foolishly), without thought to how they'd finance everything. The Bugatti of that era was a classic case of how NOT to run a supercar business. McLaren didn't make a profit off the F1, either, but they didn't put themselves into receivership over it. They also didn't make wild claims about their car's performance, they let other people discover that for themselves.

Some days and from some angles, I like the EB110, others, I wonder how they could have left such flaws in the design. The prototypes looked much better, if unfortunately a little too much like Lamborghini. The EB110 was still a great car under the skin.

Pagani is a good example of how to build a supercar. Make sure you have good backing first, don't spend too much money re-inventing the wheel, buy parts off-the-shelf if they're good enough, and don't promise ANYTHING until you deliver.

The new Bugatti has to prove it can deliver the goods (as in: SELL and SHIP) before it can be seriously considered a contender in the supercar market.

Maserati doesn't make supercars. The MC12 doesn't count, as that's mostly an Enzo with a lot of tweaks. I pick Maserati merely because they make road cars, and lots of them, compared to Bugatti. It's the same way you'd pick Ferrari over Lamborghini... as with Ferrari, there's something for everyone (though the new Lambo Gallardo is a decent stab at Ferrari's entry-level market), and these cars are built with a certain passion... NOT as overhyped stabs at outrageous engineering targets.

You can't seriously compare Bugatti to Maserati - Bugatti still hasn't produced one customer car. Bugatti (VAG) is a totally different company to the one that produced the EB110. The only thing they have in common is the name and badge - thats all. The Veyron and the EB110 have no relation what-so-ever. They are/were built in different factories in different countries by different people with different bosses.

Bugatti and Maserati don't even sell cars in the same sector.

ok if bugatti really hasnt produced a car then why is this even a poll. all that matters to me is that theres a bugatti badge on the car when it comes out of the showroom, thats the only thing people are going to look at.

It's the badge that rpresents the company. Bugatti sn't the sanme company now than it was before VAGbought the badge, however it's the same badge, it's representing the same thing as the other, now non-existant Bugatti. Luxury and world leading performance combined.

icandriftbetter
ok if bugatti really hasnt produced a car then why is this even a poll.

That my friend is a very good question (spoken as CSI Miami's Horatio)

icandriftbetter
..all that matters to me is that theres a bugatti badge on the car when it comes out of the showroom, thats the only thing people are going to look at.

That will be the only 'Bugatti' part on the car.

That depends on your definition of a Bugatti part. Since theres plenty of parts that arn't part of any other car and were made speciically for the Veyron at the factory I'd count thoes as Bugatti parts. It's the same with Lamborghini, only they share one or two components with Audi's.

Technically, if this car wasn't really a "bugatti" then there would be some major lawsuits going on....
So yeah, it's a bugatti, it's just lost it's roots a tad....but a bugatti none the less

Bugatti's roots are hgh luxury, top performance and if you can't afford it, you're not worthy of being a Bugatti owner. The Veyron is no different.

No..The Veyron is just "rediculous"....Bugatti's were never rediculous....They were lavish(to an extent)..but not rediculous...

but I can't say it's bad....
I mean...2 cars as of the past xx years...both of which debuted as the fastest cars in the world

Latest Posts

Back