• Thread starter Daniel
  • 543 comments

Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
This is becoming a sort of rite-of-passage for presidents. Trump has this, Obama has Sandy Hook, Bush has Virginia Tech, Clinton has Columbine...

From what I've seen on video this has to be a LMG(think this) of some sort, there was alot of rounds and the reload time was quite long, not much gun laws are going to protect you from that no matter where you are.

From what I've seen on video this has to be a LMG(think this) of some sort, there was alot of rounds and the reload time was quite long, not much gun laws are going to protect you from that no matter where you are.

...are you serious? You are guessing a LMG, which is hard to come by first and foremost in the U.S. and those who do have them had to twist an arm and a leg. So basically what you're saying is either someone illegally imported such weapon, this guy got it and used it for this act of killing. Or this guy stole said weapon from someone who just so happens to own a weapon that is a couple dozen of thousand dollars...

It's much more likely that he had a regular semi-auto rifle with a few drum magazines, rather than the silly idea you've just put down.

...are you serious? You are guessing a LMG, which is hard to come by first and foremost in the U.S. and those who do have them had to twist an arm and a leg. So basically what you're saying is either someone illegally imported such weapon, this guy got it and used it for this act of killing. Or this guy stole said weapon from someone who just so happens to own a weapon that is a couple dozen of thousand dollars...

It's much more likely that he had a regular semi-auto rifle with a few drum magazines, rather than the silly idea you've just put down.
Different ways a man of his age could get a hold of an actual automatic weapon. No idea on if he's former military either. We can't make assumptions, and we must wait until the police disclose that information. Rationality and patience is key.

On a much more somber note, 50+ dead, 200+ wounded still.

While it is interesting to speculate, I think I'll wait until I get the whole story before making judgments and throwing my opinion out there as right now it would just be uninformed.

Still though, again sad to see lives wasted when all they were doing was attending an event, and sadly this isn't exactly rare since it has a lot of people in the venue.

It was an Automatic weapon 100%(though it's multiple not all of the shots sounded the same), so either way it's an illegal weapon involved.

I think you hear a lot more shots than are fired thanks to the local architecture, if you listen to the groupings they seem to be in discrete sets. That would be a likely scenario given the normal air conditions for Vegas and the amount of tall, perpendicular architecture.

I can't guess at the gun but the primary bursts don't sound deep enough to be an LMG and a "standard" assault rifle would easily drop rounds into a crowd at that distance.

ShootingLocation.JPG

An altogether terrible incident. Does anyone have any idea what this nutter's motivation was yet?

Not currently, and unless his companion talks, it'll be a while until we do figure out why. Good point on the echoing of the shots. Could have been semi-auto or full auto.

Eva
A lot of different ways a man of his age could get a hold of an actual automatic weapon. No idea on if he's former military either. We can't make assumptions, and we must wait until the police disclose that information. Rationality and patience is key.

Sure we can because some of us here are active in the topic of guns for decades as myself. And know the Federal and state law in regards to such topic to protect ourselves. As for your earthly overtones on patience and what not, that's fine, doesn't change the fact that his age isn't going to change the Federal or Nevada state law on ownership of a Class 3 NFA weapon. The only way perhaps this individual had a LMG was either due to it being passed on, or reasons above.
It was an Automatic weapon 100%, so either way it's an illegal weapon.

No you're not 100% sure, unless... You've you ever fired one, have been in proximity of one. Have you? Do you know how Semi-auto works and how quickly those can be fired when trained for some length of time?

50! So that makes it the US's worst gun massacre? :(
By and far over Orlando I think. 200+ wounded and they haven't fully cleared the crime scene.

Sure we can because some of us here are active in the topic of guns for decades as myself. And know the Federal and state law in regards to such topic to protect ourselves. As for your earthly overtones on patience and what not, that's fine, doesn't change the fact that his age isn't going to change the Federal or Nevada state law on ownership of a Class 3 NFA weapon. The only way perhaps this individual had a LMG was either due to it being passed on, or reasons above.

No you're not 100% sure, unless... You've you ever fired one, have been in proximity of one. Have you? Do you know how Semi-auto works and how quickly those can be fired when trained for some length of time?
When a Gun is a illegal it can come from anywhere, I think it's automatic but that's all im going to say on this until we know.

I've been in proximity to Auto vs Semi Auto before this sounds like Auto to me.

When a Gun is a illegal it can come from anywhere, I think it's automatic but that's all im going to say on this until we know.

I've been in proximity to Auto vs Semi Auto before this sounds like Auto to me.

We're talking about an illegal LMG as you suggested, the probability of that is so high that you haven't a clue. So why you'd suggest it before you know for sure is my issue with your post. Among other things like being a gun owner and avid shooter. It's a tragic event and to make a suggestion as if you know for sure as you've done twice isn't all that wise.

I'm just wondering how the heck anyone gets a AR/ MG into the Mandalay + bags of ammo. Like, wtf.
The only way I can think of is he constructed it from scratch bringing in parts 1 by 1 or something.

Do Hotels like this have bag security or is it just walk in and go to your room?

But in America it's peoples rights to have a gun!

So at risk of sounding like a controversial douchebag who is fully aware gun crime exists in other countries, you reap what you sow.
At the Risk of knowing that Automatic isn't allowed this is very very likely an Illegal weapon anywhere in the US.

But in America it's peoples rights to have a gun!

So at risk of sounding like a controversial douchebag who is fully aware gun crime exists in other countries, you reap what you sow.
Yeah because it's totally is the weapons fault for what the individual did.

Has the shooter been taken care of yet? What's the live situation?

Been dead for a while now, the situation is just figuring out why as best possible, they were looking for his companion, and think they may have found her.

We're talking about an illegal LMG as you suggested, the probability of that is so high that you haven't a clue. So why you'd suggest it before you know for sure is my issue with your post. Among other things like being a gun owner and avid shooter. It's a tragic event and to make a suggestion as if you know for sure as you've done twice isn't all that wise.
Why do you have the need to argue absolutely everything, it sounded very much automatic and that automatic gun had too many rounds to be a standard AR at the least.

I Said it sounded like a LMG(I showed an example of a random LMG so if you don't know what im talking about you get the idea of what kind of gun Im talking about), Like one that's all I said.

Also I never said I shot an automatic weapon only that I had been in proximity to one and it wasn't even in Australia so it doesn't matter.

Back