Max Drive

• Thread starter klam
  • 9 comments
I'm trying to load a completed saved game file to the ps2. Do I need a max drive or can I use a regular usb flash memory stick? I really don't want to buy the max drive just for this.

I don't think it's required, but I do know from personal experience the different programs and games are very picky about what USB drives they recognize. TT won't recognize my MAX Drive to put a replay on it but it sees my iHP140 just fine, slow as **** all though I think it really doesn't like USB hard drives.

I have the max drive EVO and it is the shiznit (wow). I had a flashdrive but it came with one anyway so now I have 2:D. All you have to do is insert the disk and chose "max memory" and then pick you flash drive you save the file to> Next, chose the file and UNCRUSH it to the memory crd of you choice. If the ssave file doesnt show up, just wait, it takes about 30-45 seconds. After that,uh, well ENJOY!:D

please explain. i don't understand. what disk am i inserting..the game? where do i go see the option to choose "max memory"..these steps, i dont' understand

opendriver19a
I have the max drive EVO and it is the shiznit (wow). I had a flashdrive but it came with one anyway so now I have 2:D. All you have to do is insert the disk and chose "max memory" and then pick you flash drive you save the file to> Next, chose the file and UNCRUSH it to the memory crd of you choice. If the ssave file doesnt show up, just wait, it takes about 30-45 seconds. After that,uh, well ENJOY!:D

klam
please explain. i don't understand. what disk am i inserting..the game? where do i go see the option to choose "max memory"..these steps, i dont' understand
I bouoght the maxdrive,it comes with a disk. That is the disk that I was refering to, not the game.

sorry for the confusion!:)

You need to buy an Action Replay MAX in order to transfer savegames from your computer to the PS2. Let me explain..

The USB stick that comes with the AR MAX (the "Max Drive") is just a regular USB stick as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure other USB pens will work as well. However, the PS2 does not recognize a USB stick. You can't put in a USB stick with no game in, and then go to devices, and it'll only see your memory card, it's not gonna see the USB stick.

With the AR MAX, it comes with a CD that you can insert into the PS2, and it has a Memory Management utility, which allows you to see the USB stick and only then you can transfer stuff from USB stick to memory card (or vice-versa).

Let me rephrase again. You need the CD that comes with AR MAX package in order to access your USB stick with savegame downloaded from 'net. Otherwise the PS2 by itself doesn't recognize a USB stick. The CD that comes with AR MAX has the software on it needed.

so back to my original question. Without the disk that you get with max drive, I won't be able to load a saved game file from my usb flash drive to the memory card..right?

I apologize, I thought you meant you had a cheat device disc and didn't want to spend money on the official ARMax thumb drive.

Yes you need some type of software (CodeBreaker, Action Replay) or hardware (DEX Drive, Sharkport) to get the save onto your memory card to use it. Cheat devices are the easiest and cheapest way, plus with their ability to install 'saves' to your card they open up a whole world of homebrew and other apps. That's a discussion best left to a different board though.

ok, so i got myself an action replay max disc. I have a generic usb flash drive. i'm going to give it a try this afternoon. hope it works.

Kingston brand USB sticks seem to tend to work for some reason.

I also got it to work with a SanDisk SD card reader and a 32mb card, however.

You need to format it with FAT, not FAT32, and the allocation size may be important too.

I'll give you a double indirect reference here...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2227923&postcount=7
in . . .
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79407

I'm indirecting you through there, because there's a chance I'll give more details in-line there, but I definitely won't duplicate them here as well. :)

Latest Posts

Back