• Thread starter Kent
  • 13 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
Sorry but I didn't see a thread for this...

When I move a save onto my flash drive and plug it into the ps2 the maxdrive system does not detect the GT4 save (it just doesn't even show up on the flash drives list of items).

So with that in mind I would like to ask...

Where do I move a game save to on my flash drive so the maxdrive can detect it?

Also, and more generally speaking, how do I get a Maxdrive save from my PC and onto my memory card.

I've managed to get saves from my memory card onto my flashdrive and then onto the PC using my Maxdrive so I'm not entirely helpless.
None the less, I am struggling with getting saves from the PC to my mem. card (and specifically struggling to get the save on the flashdrive to be recognized).

Thanks for the help everyone (even if you just point me in the right direction). :cheers:

Ok I guess first make sure that the save is a .max save type or ARMax won't
see it as a save. Next are you using the USB thumbdrive that came with ARMax?
Because I tried to use a nomal thumbdrive and ARMax didn't even see it was pluged in.
And last as sucahyo said, it will take some time before it will pick up the save
because of how big the file is. I hoped this helps.

Please help me, My maxdrive can read files on my memory card but my PS2 can't. I don't know what I could be doing wrong! :nervous: But, if this file is usable, than the problem may not be so bad after all. :)

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Next are you using the USB thumbdrive that came with ARMax?
Because I tried to use a nomal thumbdrive and ARMax didn't even see it was pluged in.
My friend's guide also mention on how to use normal USB disk as your maxdrive save, so you won't be bothered with it's small size. Basically you have to format your USB thumbdrive with FAT16 format.

Please help me, My maxdrive can read files on my memory card but my PS2 can't.
Maybe your GT4 version is different from those replay file?

No, I'm pretty sure they're both NTSC. I really don't see what the problem could be.

I don't have a MaxDrive thumbdrive, yet my normal one works prefectly well.
Kent- Make sure the save is not in any folders on the stick also, otherwise it doesn't see it.
Also, make sure you uncrush it to the memory card, not just copy it.

I can get the files onto the thumbdrive, from there to the ps2, into the memory card (according to the maxdrive, the screen says it's on the memory card) But the game won't load the file, and it is not visible in the PS2 file manager.

ALL I REALLY CARE ABOUT IS THAT MY ABOVE POSTED FILE IS USABLE, so if anyone with a maxdrive would be so kind and see if the file is viewable in GT4? (NTSC-UC)

I can get the files onto the thumbdrive, from there to the ps2, into the memory card (according to the maxdrive, the screen says it's on the memory card) But the game won't load the file, and it is not visible in the PS2 file manager.

ALL I REALLY CARE ABOUT IS THAT MY ABOVE POSTED FILE IS USABLE, so if anyone with a maxdrive would be so kind and see if the file is viewable in GT4? (NTSC-UC)

I'm PAL so I can't check the file.
Yet, Bigracer is right : when you're in the Max Drive menu and want to copy the file from the stick to the memcard, DO NOT use the copy function : it would only copy the crushed file. Use the uncrush to memcard function instead, it will uncrush and copy.
There is no reason for it not to work.

Yet, Bigracer is right : when you're in the Max Drive menu and want to copy the file from the stick to the memcard, DO NOT use the copy function : it would only copy the crushed file. Use the uncrush to memcard function instead, it will uncrush and copy.

I've tried uncrushing to my memory card, and copying then uncrushiung. Either way my PS2 can't find it.

The exact name of the file on the memory card according to the MAXDRIVE is:
'GRAN TURISMO 4 Full Replay[5]'
But on the USB it is:
'(Some wierd symbol thet looks like a G, I'm assuming it mean's a crushed file?) GRAN TURISMO 4 Full Replay[5]'

The only difference is the symbol, so I really don't know what elst to try.

BTW, the reason I am so upset is because of the WRS. If I need to show a replay, I don't want to be disqualified because my replay doesn't work. So my main priority is making sure my replay file works.

The little symbol shown before the filename is normal, and nothing else you're doing looks wrong. We'll just have to wait for someone NTSC to check your replay then.

Got it to work guys, thanks!👍
Strangely enough I was listening to Panama on the computer when it worked.:odd:

I think you mean βen, not Bigracer.

I trust Kent doesnt mind if I use his thread to post a related query.

Here goes.

How to identify 1 particular replay when you have 30+ saved on 1 memcard.
When you use the PS browser to copy from mem1 to mem2 card you see thumbnails of each replay but no file name.

If you browse your memcard thru maxdrive software in the PS2 all files are named GT full replay[1] ...[99]
and #99 is not necessarily the latest save, nor is #1 (as far as I can tell).
The little thumbnails the maxdrive shows are of no help either

My workaround
I had to copy all replays from mem1 to empty mem2 card
Then select all replays I did not want from mem card2 (via replay theatre) and delete
Then it was possible to transfer to maxdrive and on to a PC / email to a friend.

Surely there must be a more efficient way. If there is please enlighten me 👍

AMG.

Back