Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 '05

• Thread starter robertsmb
  • 18 comments
While most people won this car and put it in their garage to rot, (because they couldnt make any money selling it) I decided to put about 188,000 dollars into it and see what it could do. So far, not a bad car all in all. I dont know the exact specs on the engine, so this wont be a complete write up.

Drive Train: FF (Front Engine, Front Wheel Drive)

Fully Modified HP: 476hp

Fully Modified Top Speed: 221.5mph (fully customizable transmission on setting 15, 70 shot of NOS, not used untill 6th gear on the back stretch)

Fully Modified 1/4 mile time: I ran a series of these messing with the various settings in transmission and suspension. Best I could come up with is 9.873 secs at 163mph (Spraying)

I used this car in a few races to see the overall handling and racing ability. In the Professional Races, every race you can enter with the car, you should win by at least 20 seconds except the GT Championship. In the Japanese Races, you can win every race you can enter with ease.

This car handled very well for the ammount of HP it has. Considering all of the other cars you have won up to this point in the game (around 10% done), this one is by far one of the better street cars to race with.

If you have any questions about the car, and you dont want to spend the cash to test it yourself, please post and ask. I will be happy to try it for you. This will be a car I keep in my garage.

umm,... i know your wrong on that one bro...

The engine specifications are not out,.. anywhere,.. but I know for a fact that even the fastest Mazda 6 is the Mazda 6 i , and it holds a 3.0L V6 and it is FF 220hp, and Mazda doesnt make AWD or 4WD cars,... as such there arent any on GT4. The Mazdaspeed 6 in GT4 is 276hp which means its a hell of a lot stronger than a 2.3L 4 cyl or even the 3.0L V6 that the 6i comes with, and when you get the car in game, its already NA because before I strapped the turbo on it to make my insane HP, i completed the race of NA sports with it.

Also, When you drive the MazdaSpeed 6 on any track in GT4, only the front tires bald on acceleration, and cornering, meaning it would be FF regardless if the game tells you the drive train or not....

Thanks for trying to correct me, but you need to know your cars before you step up. =)

robertsmb

The engine specifications are not out,.. anywhere,.. but I know for a fact that even the fastest Mazda 6 is the Mazda 6 i , and it holds a 3.0L V6 and it is FF 220hp, and Mazda doesnt make AWD or 4WD cars,... as such there arent any on GT4. The Mazdaspeed 6 in GT4 is 276hp which means its a hell of a lot stronger than a 2.3L 4 cyl or even the 3.0L V6 that the 6i comes with, and when you get the car in game, its already NA because before I strapped the turbo on it to make my insane HP, i completed the race of NA sports with it.

Also, When you drive the MazdaSpeed 6 on any track in GT4, only the front tires bald on acceleration, and cornering, meaning it would be FF regardless if the game tells you the drive train or not....

Thanks for trying to correct me, but you need to know your cars before you step up. =)

THE fastest MAZDA 6 will be THE MPS. It has a 2.3 Litre inline 4 cylindre TURBO AND All - Wheel - DRIVE. It will have about 260 PS (HP NOT BHP) in Germany. This Facts are taken out of the german "Mazda" Magazine. (You get that, when you have buyed a Mazda)

Maybe there is a little Mistake in the Game, that let you race with this car in NA Racing.

AND an Impreza or an Evo has 280 PS with ONLY 2 Litres Displacement

Maybe I'm missing somethinghere, but it seems like you all are talking about 2 different cars. Robertsmb is talking about the Mazdaspeed 6, you guys are talking about a Mazda MPS...

What is an MPS?

It could also be a difference in locale. Here in the US, we have heard about Mazdaspeed...I've never heard of MPS...MPV yeah, but that's old school

ahh, we dont have the MPS in America and we dont have AWD Mazda's in America either. wow,.. isnt this a learning experience. (Opens mouth, inserts own foot).

I am well aware that small engines can make a lot of power, and Im extremley familiar with the EVO's 4g63 engine and the type of power its capable of putting out. That 2.0L engine is capable of a lot more than the 271hp its rated at here in America as well with direct bolt ons and a very tiny bit of A/F Ratio Tuning. Hell, the 1.3L dual roter in the RX-8 puts out 248 bhp and that thing is tiny. guess I need to start researching Mazda in Germany. And my wife owns the Mazda 6 i (also in america) ... so I have bought one and thought I knew all the options on the car.

What is the conversion difference in BHP and PS?

yeah jimi, I was talking generally about our own country, and wasnt open minded enough to realize that Germany has their own Mazda line of cars. Similar to ours, but obviously different engines.

Its ok though,... I love cars and I love talking about them and learning about them, and if Im wrong, then I like someone to correct me. Im just glad kuts wasnt an ass about it. =) He educated me in a nice manor.

robertsmb
ahh, we dont have the MPS in America and we dont have AWD Mazda's in America either. wow,.. isnt this a learning experience. (Opens mouth, inserts own foot).QUOTE]

You may not get them yet, but it looks like you soon will be. Car & Driver Feb 2005 issue has a preview of the Mazdaspeed 6.

Spottedlaurel
robertsmb
ahh, we dont have the MPS in America and we dont have AWD Mazda's in America either. wow,.. isnt this a learning experience. (Opens mouth, inserts own foot).QUOTE]

You may not get them yet, but it looks like you soon will be. Car & Driver Feb 2005 issue has a preview of the Mazdaspeed 6.

Is there a difference between Mazdaspeed (as known in the US) and MPS? I haven't done any research on it but I'm curious...is MPS the same as Mazdaspeed but just a different name worldwide (except here)?

Rob, I didn't think of that either...I was taking up for you, I guess I'll be eating my toes too :)

I guess I should have thought of that...Working for a MB dealer I know of all the cars they sell in Europe (ML230, CDI, C180, etc..) that we will never see in the US

there has been talk of a turbo awd mazda6 since the rx8 came out
1 ps = 1.01bhp
"MPS" stands for "mazda performance series". there's also an mx5 mps and mazda3 mps

you people really need to learn about this great website, it's called google

i don't really see the place of the MPS in the game. it might be a good car to win beginner awd challenge with, but by the time i got it, i didn't really have any use for it. and the stock wheels are so ugly

yeah we have the Mazdaspeed Protege and Mazdaspeed MX5 here in the states, and they are both horribly slow. I would love to see a 270hp turbo 6... Ive got the 220hp V6 model that they offer now here and its torquey, but its not fast. (not that its suppose to be,.. for a family car and all)

I would love to see the MPS Mazda 3, or a Mazdaspeed verison of it...

I happen to love compact sports cars, and if Mazda USA would grow some balls and make it fast, im sure it would sell here. See the regular 2.3L Mazda 3s here all the time, but its only 160hp and it can barley hang with a new Civic Si, which is also very weak here in the states.

Super Jamie
"MPS" stands for "mazda performance series". there's also an mx5 mps and mazda3 mps

you people really need to learn about this great website, it's called google

Google, huh? you don't say!

It seems that MPS is what we here in America know as Mazdaspeed....

you know you can be sarcastic without being condenscending, just try to educate

RIF....google that!

So maybe we are talking about different cars indeed,but i didnt try to.. educate you.And i have to say that i havent won this mazdaspeed 6 yet.I thought that this name is similar to "our" (european version) mps,that comes here around summer,and has the specs that Kutscher80 described.Ok my friend?There is no giant conspiracy under my post .

CRF
So maybe we are talking about different cars indeed,but i didnt try to.. educate you.And i have to say that i havent won this mazdaspeed 6 yet.I thought that this name is similar to "our" (european version) mps,that comes here around summer,and has the specs that Kutscher80 described.Ok my friend?There is no giant conspiracy under my post .

sorry if you took offense to that, was not directed at you....

on that note, it may not be different cars, per se, but just different specs due to laws and limitations of out locales and government. Like my Mercedes example. In Europe, you can get just about every model in deisel, including the ML and CLK (even the convertible), but due to EPA laws in the US (as well as our American bias and stereotypes towards deisel), the only one we sell is the E320CDI. And its only available in 45 of the 50 states due to certain state laws.

We have the Mazda3 and Mazda6 but we know them as Mazdaspeed not MPS.

A little bit of research goes a long way!!! It's a turbo 2.3L with AWD.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=mazdaSpeed6

"With the MAZDASPEED6, Mazda attacks the mid-size sedan class with the purest expression of its Zoom-Zoom philosophy. 274 hp, 280 lb-ft (targeted) of torque and all-wheel-drive are just the beginning of this car's performance abilities. MAZDASPEED has touched on every aspect of the drivetrain, brakes, suspension and body structure, and the result is nothing less than the fastest and best-handling sedan Mazda has ever sold."

No didnt take it as an offence, no problem.As for the diesels,yes the rest of european countries can buy anything they want with diesel motors,except for greece,that has the stupid laws which prohibit these motors,because "they are responsible for enviromental pollution"...Anyway i am out of the topic.U should know also,that here in greece tha mazda 6 sells 90% with the basic motor of 1.8 lt-120 hp.The rest of them are the 2.0 petrol 140hp.No one buys the 2.3.Maybe because it is 1000 euros more expensive than the basic edition of rx-8 (192hp)...

a worked mazda3 wouldn't really excite me that much. it's FF, so potential is limited. my mum has the sp23 trim model mazda3 and whilst it's a nice car to drive and is very torquey for the light weight (having a detuned mazda6 motor in it) but feels deceptively slow even at 160km/h

actually i find alot of new cars are like that, unless you're racing someone, 200km/h+ in a wrx just feels like normal road speed. the quickest feeling car i've ever been in is a datsun 1200 ute, with a supercharged toyota 1600 (4agze) in it, it was so noisy and rattly and light. the thing could only run a 14 second quarter, but it felt like you were going a million miles an hour :D

mx5s however are awesome, there's an mx5 in a current magazine here with an off its tits B6 turbo motor, making 200kw at the wheels. so light and a short wheelbase, i'll bet it's a real handful to drive too. awesome :D

The European Mazda 6 MPS and the North American Mazdaspeed 6 are essentially the same car. They both will use the 2.3 Liter, DIRECT INJECTION, turbocharged engine. The direct injection allows very high boost, something along the lines of 17-19 PSI, because the direct injection allows very precise fuel control which reduces pre-detonation.

roberstmb
The engine specifications are not out,.. anywhere,..

The specs have been out for months for the Mazdaspeed 6 on Mazda's own North American website for months, among other places. http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=mazdaSpeed6

roberstmb
but I know for a fact that even the fastest Mazda 6 is the Mazda 6 i , and it holds a 3.0L V6 and it is FF 220hp

In the United States market, the Mazda 6i has a 2.3L 4cyl. The Mazda 6s has a 3.0L V6. http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=MZ6

roberstmb
and Mazda doesnt make AWD or 4WD cars
Mazda has made 4WD drive cars for the non-US maket on and off for years, such as the Mazda 323 GTr AWD. Not to mention the Mazda Tribute and B-series truck that have been sold here for quite a while now.

roberstmb
The Mazdaspeed 6 in GT4 is 276hp which means its a hell of a lot stronger than a 2.3L 4 cyl or even the 3.0L V6 that the 6i comes with
That's funny because it is a 2.3L, and again, the 6i comes with a 4cyl, the 6s with the V6.

roberstmb
and when you get the car in game, its already NA because before I strapped the turbo on it to make my insane HP, i completed the race of NA sports with it.
Wrong again. I have had the Mazdaspeed 6 in GT4 since a few days after the game came out, unmodified, and it will absolutely NOT let you use it for the Race of NA Sport series in professional hall.

roberstmb

In GT4, tire wear has very little to do with drivetrain layout, and much more to do with the weight bias of the car and driving technique.

roberstmb
And my wife owns the Mazda 6 i (also in america) ... so I have bought one and thought I knew all the options on the car.

You may want to open your hood and start counting spark plugs because, yet again, the Mazda 6i has the 2.3L 4 cyl.

roberstmb
Hell, the 1.3L dual roter in the RX-8 puts out 248 bhp and that thing is tiny.

Try 238 for the US market. 197 if it is equipped with an automatic transmission. And it's spelled r-o-t-o-r.

roberstmb
yeah we have the Mazdaspeed Protege and Mazdaspeed MX5 here in the states, and they are both horribly slow.

I own a Mazdaspeed MX-5 and it is not horribly slow at all. (0-60 in 6.7 and 1/4 mi. in 14.6, verified by timeslips at Miata forums) Sure, maybe not the fastest drag car out there, but hardly "horribly slow". It would be alot faster if the ECU didn't resrict boost in 1st and 2nd gears to keep chuckleheads from losing the rear end due to power oversteer, most likely thought up by Mazda's lawyers. The aftermarket will solve this in short order. It has plenty of grunt already in 3rd through 6th gears.

roberstmb

Hey I do what I can. We can all see how well you know your facts and don't talk out of your ass at all. Enjoy your stay at GTP.

robertsmb
He educated me in a nice manor.

Hate to poke fun, but that spelling error is just funny!:lol:
Sounds like someone took you to an English Stately Home and gave you a lesson!:lol:

Manner, not manor, is what you meant!

Back