Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Will Come to Gran Turismo Sport May 25

I bet the Lamborghini VGT will be coming alongside it, as I consider May to be the last month of Spring, and the Lamborghini VGT was stated to be coming this Spring. Then, I'd imagine the Porsche 917 "Living Legend" concept to come in June; despite the fact that the original 917 was built in '69, it did win at LM24 in '70, so June (when the LM24 usually is) would be its 50th anniversary, in a sense. Then, I'd imagine the Porsche VGT would come sometime in the latter half of 2020, probably the Fall.

I already knew this would be the caveat:

■ Notice and caution
Even if you already have a manufacturer contract (driver contract), you can re-contract with any manufacturer on stage 1. The manufacturer selected there will be unchangeable until the end of Stage 3.

In addition, with the addition of the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT scheduled for Friday, May 22, we will be able to change the manufacturer's contract again. However, please note that if you transfer to another manufacturer at that time, the points you have earned up to that point will be void.

PDLogic™

No matter to me. I'm switching. Anyways, glad they decided to bring it a couple days forward.

I already knew this would be the caveat:

■ Notice and caution
Even if you already have a manufacturer contract (driver contract), you can re-contract with any manufacturer on stage 1. The manufacturer selected there will be unchangeable until the end of Stage 3.

In addition, with the addition of the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT scheduled for Friday, May 22, we will be able to change the manufacturer's contract again. However, please note that if you transfer to another manufacturer at that time, the points you have earned up to that point will be void.

PDLogic™

No matter to me. I'm switching. Anyways, glad they decided to bring it a couple days forward.
That's not PDLogic. You can't just take points from one manufacturer to another.

That's not PDLogic. You can't just take points from one manufacturer to another.

Then why not have everyone reset to zero points then at the end if this stage then?

The Manufacturers pre-season last year still counted towards the NYC World Tour (with zero carry over to the "official" season) and no one had issues with it.

The whole thing about switching. Just wait til Stage 2. It's PDLogic™ that players will accumulate all those points and wipe them at the start of the very last race in Stage 1.

Nice to see some new Mazda content coming to the game. Would like it if they added a few others, like the original Cosmo, the first gen RX-7 and some other classic rotaries like the RX-2 and RX-3, Mazda 3 MPS (1st and 2nd gen) and the latest Mazda3. A bit of a left field suggestion, but how about the 323 GTR, or the Lantis Type R?

Any thoughts about the new update?? I am excited with Porsche 917 Concept more than Mazda RX Concept. I prefer to have one two cars from Group C era (Toyota) and a nice new (or old and good) track.

Any thoughts about the new update?? I am excited with Porsche 917 Concept more than Mazda RX Concept. I prefer to have one two cars from Group C era (Toyota) and a nice new (or old and good) track.

Keep expectations low. We might get 3 cars as with the last update, the Mazda RX concept and ?2 others. With the 100 anniversary of Mazda just passed, that might include a second Mazda and something else as a filler.

Also, the Lambo VGT was supposed to arrive "spring 2020". If it's not been delayed for some reason, it'll have to appear in this update.

I think there will be one more track this year, but probably we won't see that until any potential FIA event later in 2020. Although I think the chances of any event now happening "in person" are somewhere between nil and zero this calendar year, personally.

Well I am all set for some news coming from PD in the coming week about the update and the arrival of the Mazda.

Hopefully my master plan of working from home on Thursday and having Friday as a holiday for the long weekend here in the UK means that the DLC will arrive during this time so can then get looking at the new content.

It would be really nice if there was something to mark Mazda's 100th anniversary and I wouldn't say no to the Lamborghini VGT arriving at the
same time.

All I have to do before then is fix my corrupted save file and reload all the garage/livery thumbnails so that will be a 'fun' few hours...so game don't break again on me please!

Keep expectations low. We might get 3 cars as with the last update, the Mazda RX concept and ?2 others. With the 100 anniversary of Mazda just passed, that might include a second Mazda and something else as a filler.

Also, the Lambo VGT was supposed to arrive "spring 2020". If it's not been delayed for some reason, it'll have to appear in this update.

I think there will be one more track this year, but probably we won't see that until any potential FIA event later in 2020. Although I think the chances of any event now happening "in person" are somewhere between nil and zero this calendar year, personally.
Even after the ‘sparse’ year statement by Kaz. I would hope we’re due a significant update focused on content and single-player this Spring/Summer. I’d have no problem with one further, major, update then calling it a day on GTS.

The last update focused primarily on multiplayer improvements. With the huge bump in player numbers a single-player focused update would be much appreciated.

Man I'd love to see that Time Attack Civic come along with next update. The Mazda is really cool but I don't really care about any of the future DLC VGT Cars now even though I do like them. I'd be happy even if that Time Attack Civic was next and last DLC car we get for GT Sport.

Man I'd love to see that Time Attack Civic come along with next update. The Mazda is really cool but I don't really care about any of the future DLC VGT Cars now even though I do like them. I'd be happy even if that Time Attack Civic was next and last DLC car we get for GT Sport.
For what it's worth, Mazda's VGT, is the LM55. The RX-VISION, is solely a GT3 car built by Mazda, to entice players to use Mazda in FIA and of course, for marketing reasons.

As an unpopular opinion, I strongly believe PD should focus on bringing back the majority of the GT6 premiums first. Sure they can update or drop older duplicates and add a SEMA winner or a modern race/sports car to keep fans happy but lots of fan favorites from GT5 and GT6 deserve to be in the game by now.

I think the 917 concept is coming in June. And I'd love to have the TS010, if I had to pick a Group C Toyota, but the 88C-V seen in GT4-onwards would be fine, too. I'd also be fine with an original course, considering we don't have an additional variant for Alsace nor Colorado Springs, yet. (We got them for Dragon Trail and Sardegna, whereas I don't think we'll get them for BB Raceway or Fisherman's Ranch.)

As for real-world tracks? I'd be down with Daytona, complete with the infield course, but I think if we got that, or Indy, it might come with cars that would fit into it, like how we got Le Mans alongside some Group C cars. So I'm not sure. Maybe we could get a NASCAR vehicle, or maybe a Daytona Prototype. I could see the Chevrolet Corvette DPi being a great fit for Gr.1, as well as those from Nissan, Mazda, and Cadillac. Even the older DPs could be good, like from Pontiac.

As an unpopular opinion, I strongly believe PD should focus on bringing back the majority of the GT6 premiums first. Sure they can update or drop older duplicates and add a SEMA winner or a modern race/sports car to keep fans happy but lots of fan favorites from GT5 and GT6 deserve to be in the game by now.

Who's to say they won't be in GT7? And I think we have quite a few favorites at this point - which ones do you want to see that wouldn't potentially need a new class? Because I'm not sure if the Escudo Pikes Peak would fit into Gr.B - or maybe it would. I'd be down with more kei cars, myself, mainly that one variant of the Suzuki Alto Works that's been around since GT2.

Even after the ‘sparse’ year statement by Kaz. I would hope we’re due a significant update focused on content and single-player this Spring/Summer. I’d have no problem with one further, major, update then calling it a day on GTS.

The last update focused primarily on multiplayer improvements. With the huge bump in player numbers a single-player focused update would be much appreciated.

Agreed, considering that the Driving School conspicuously stops at "Intermediate" level. At least we have additional GT League rounds usually coming in each update. I bet another round of the GT3 Endurance Series could be coming with the RX-Vision GT3 concept coming, and maybe another round of the Gr.1 Cup in the Professional League, if the Lamborghini VGT really is in Gr.1. Personally, I'd be willing to bet that it's gonna be a Gr.1 car, just from the power figure and the general shape. And I think that'd be great, because I want to see more automakers in more groups, and Lamborghini's only option if not the VGT would be the old Group C Countach QVX. Not that I'd mind that, either - they could both be Lamborghini's Gr.1 options.

Last edited:
*rubs everything* Come on, Mazda/PD. Surprise us with a Gr.4 RX-VISION as well. :D
As much as I think that'd be neat, I'd personally prefer having the normal, road-going RX-Vision be available. In fact, there are a few race cars in GTS where we don't have the road car, like the 2nd-gen Audi R8, the BMW M6, the Z4 (E89), and I may be forgetting some others.

I am expecting nothing more than the car. Before the reduction in working capacity GTS had already been put on the back burner as they prioritise GT7. I would imagine that the key goal this year is to make sure the development of GT7 goes ahead as smoothly as possible, as it would be silly to end up delaying it further while adding free content to a near 3 year old game.

As much as I think that'd be neat, I'd personally prefer having the normal, road-going RX-Vision be available. In fact, there are a few race cars in GTS where we don't have the road car, like the 2nd-gen Audi R8, the BMW M6, the Z4 (E89), and I may be forgetting some others.

And the Porsche Cayman.

Though, I really want a RX-Vision GT4. The Atenza in Gr. 4 is abysmal. Gets walloped by even FWD cars.

Maybe it just needs a BoP buff?

A BoP buff would just make it an inferior GT-R clone. Right now it lacks in acceleration, which is easily fixed by BoP, but the main problem it has is chronic tyre wear, which is almost comparable in severity to that of the GT-R, while having nothing to show for it. It handles like a dream, I'll give you that. But even in races without tyre wear, like this week's Race B at Red Bull Ring for example, where even the understeering mess that is the Memesubishi 5 Speed Evo has top 10 time spots in Asia, the Atenza is not even in the conversation.

Besides, if Mazda cars start getting buffs in BoP right after becoming partnered with Gran Turismo, it'd reek of favourtism, and I personally wouldn't want that as a Mazda fan. In the past few BoP changes, the Atenza Gr. 4 has been completely untouched, leading me to believe that PD thinks the Atenza is perfectly balanced :indiff:

Even with the adjusted tyre wear rates for FFs and AWD, the Gr. 4 Atenza is god awful. I think what it needs more than anything is an adjustible centre diff. The Gr. 3 Atenza is in my mind the best all rounder FR car in Gr. 3 alongside the AMG GT3, and I wholly believe that the sole reason why Mazda hasn't ever made a World Tour event by merit is because the Gr. 4 car is so hopeless. As hyped as I am for the RX-Vision to appear again after 5 years, Mazda right now doesn't need another Gr. 3 car - the Atenza Gr. 3 is perfectly fine. What Mazda needs right now is a firm kick in the balls in Gr. 4.

Or we can skip over all that and "just" get a RX-Vision GT4. Even the Amemiya FD on racing tyres would run circles around the freaking Atenza.

Last edited:
I'm only expecting the RX-V as well Just having a bit of fun.

Watched the YouTube video again. Going to be interesting just how much the driving pleasure will be over the Atenza. If the emphasis is not so much on power, with the BOP have to be spec'd up from 562bhp to 600? Similar power and weight to the Atenza.

Then, gearing comes into it.

A BoP buff would just make it an inferior GT-R clone. Right now it lacks in acceleration, which is easily fixed by BoP, but the main problem it has is chronic tyre wear, which is almost comparable in severity to that of the GT-R, while having nothing to show for it. It handles like a dream, I'll give you that. But even in races without tyre wear, like this week's Race B at Red Bull Ring for example, where even the understeering mess that is the Memesubishi 5 Speed Evo has top 10 time spots in Asia, the Atenza is not even in the conversation.

Besides, if Mazda cars start getting buffs in BoP right after becoming partnered with Gran Turismo, it'd reek of favourtism, and I personally wouldn't want that as a Mazda fan. In the past few BoP changes, the Atenza Gr. 4 has been completely untouched, leading me to believe that PD thinks the Atenza is perfectly balanced :indiff:

Even with the adjusted tyre wear rates for FFs and AWD, the Gr. 4 Atenza is god awful. I think what it needs more than anything is an adjustible centre diff. The Gr. 3 Atenza is in my mind the best all rounder FR car in Gr. 3 alongside the AMG GT3, and I wholly believe that the sole reason why Mazda hasn't ever made a World Tour event by merit is because the Gr. 4 car is so hopeless. As hyped as I am for the RX-Vision to appear again after 5 years, Mazda right now doesn't need another Gr. 3 car - the Atenza Gr. 3 is perfectly fine. What Mazda needs right now is a firm kick in the balls in Gr. 4.

Or we can skip over all that and "just" get a RX-Vision GT4. Even the Amemiya FD on racing tyres would run circles around the freaking Atenza.
About the Atenza GR.4, it has 404bhp/1380kg(BOP). The programming just ain't right. It should be, proportionally, as good as it's Gr.3 variant.

The gearing is bad as well. 1st gear is too short. 2nd gear is too long. When I first started using it a couple years ago, I could hunt cars down at Bathurst, in the Daily Races. Top speed used to be good at DT Seaside. The BOP hasn't changed, but the performance somehow, has.

It should be programmed to be as smooth as the WRX.

Edit: Maybe something else does come with the update. The World Tour was supposed to be next weekend. There may have been another car released in one of those races.
Although, it could have just been an Mx-5 one make, like the last celebrity race. We'll soon find out.

Last edited:
Mazda right now doesn't need another Gr. 3 car - the Atenza Gr. 3 is perfectly fine. What Mazda needs right now is a firm kick in the balls in Gr. 4
It's almost pointless running the Gr.4 Mazda at any race with tyre wear. We've got people talking about the RBR race no-stopping and one-stopping on softs, and the Atenza can barely one-stop on mediums. The Gr.3 car is great and can hang with most things on most tracks, but the Gr.4 is a slow-ass, tyre-chewing dog - good on brakes and, with fresh tyres, good through-corner speeds, but turgid in a straight line and insta-dead tyres.

I need a Gr.4 ND MX-5, or the Roadster TC from GT6, or an RX-8, or literally anything else.

*cough*

mazda_rx_7_touring_car_by_gt6_garage_d7h80yu-fullview.jpg

Back