Mazda RX-Vision Time Trial and Livery Editor Competitions Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

Now obviously I know custom decals (Or at least ones as logos and caricatures anyway) aren't allowed, but are the default logos in the game allowed?

Probably not.. just the Mazda and maybe Gran Turismo logo’s I think... maybe Michelin as well... as you’re not allowed to change that...

“Your livery may not use any other brand logos for which Mazda doesn’t have any image rights. That also includes cartoon characters, ruling out the ever-popular ‘itasha’ liveries.”

So basically only shapes can be used?

*edit*
Some of the preview images do show Puma, Bilstein and GoPro logo’s... so maybe only logo’s that come with the game?

Last edited:
Probably not.. just the Mazda and maybe Gran Turismo logo’s I think... maybe Michelin as well... as you’re not allowed to change that...

“Your livery may not use any other brand logos for which Mazda doesn’t have any image rights. That also includes cartoon characters, ruling out the ever-popular ‘itasha’ liveries.”

*edit*
Some of the preview images do show Puma, Bilstein and GoPro logo’s... so maybe only logo’s that come with the game?

From what I understand you can't use other brands such as puma etc. but can you use your own uploaded shapes/decals? just not use saved shapes/decals from others?

*edit*

If you create something original (some cartoon, logo, font, etc) on your PC and then put it in the game, it's OK. As long as it's your creation and not copyrighted material or a cheap copy of copyrighted material.

*edit*
Its the very elaborate and complicated way to say "no copyrighted materials allowed other than Mazda and its associates".

Original works is allowed.

Last edited:
When I search on the #rxvcontest tag on twitter, there’s a lot of people using all kinds of logo’s...

If you can only use the Mazda and Gran Turismo logo’s (Maybe Michelin?) it gets boring quite quickly...

I put my livery into the hat.

EYptk3uWoAAcSQV

EYptf9yWoAEoeZ9

In my educated opinion (years of formal post-secondary education in the visual arts/graphic design) I would say a good design doesn't have to be slathered in secondary and tertiary sponsors stickers to look like a race car. Don't be afraid of the negative (blank) spaces in a design.

Last edited:

The number of participants in the ongoing PS4 Gran Turismo GT "Mazda 100th Anniversary" RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT time attack exceeded 6,700 at the end of 48 hours. At present, Brazilians are the best, and the best is 2: 16.212, which is 2.33 times faster than last year's 24-hour PP time.

Back