Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
@RappyThePro @Storm_SP17 @Drummer79

After some unsuccessful tagging of GTP members, it looks like it'll just be the 4 of us tomorrow. Is that still okay? If not, please tell me and I'll cancel the event. I'm not above making this an off-week if people are considering bailing due to the potentially low turnout for tomorrow. The lobby will be public to allow more people to join, so there's some hope that participation will pick up, but there are no guarantees of that happening.
I think this won't be really a challenge/championship, just some normal races. For me it's better to cancel the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you open it up, I will be there nothing going on in the morning. Otherwise I will keep an eye on the thread for the next event.

If you open it up, I will be there nothing going on in the morning. Otherwise I will keep an eye on the thread for the next event.

I'll keep everyone posted on what I decide. If the possibility of a low grid count doesn't bother you, then there's a good chance we'll roll with it.

Having internet connection issues as of this moment, so if I dont make it you know why! Hopefully it straightens over night.

Thanks for the races. Though I appeared at the last moment as I just got home.

It was pretty interesting, made a bad rolling start and misjudged a few corners. But it was a nice challenge to claw back the times.

Thanks for the races. Though I appeared at the last moment as I just got home.

It was pretty interesting, made a bad rolling start and misjudged a few corners. But it was a nice challenge to claw back the times.

Other than the bugs the last update brought with it the races I did were fun. That Brazilian guy in the Kyoto race wasn't good though.

It was good seeing both of you yesterday. I wasn’t expecting that. Anyway, I wanted to apologize to @LineR32 and @Kevstah2004 for not changing the conditions at Interlagos. The lobby was full and I felt starting it was better than having to wait for new racers to populate the grid. I’m wondering if I should add the non-rain condition descriptions to the race schedule so people can get a chance to practice them. I realize lighting can be problematic in certain tracks, especially in cockpit cam. I’m personally a fan of cloudy days since the lighting is adequate and you don’t get those annoying sun glares in cockpit cam.

It was good seeing both of you yesterday. I wasn’t expecting that. Anyway, I wanted to apologize to @LineR32 and @Kevstah2004 for not changing the conditions at Interlagos. The lobby was full and I felt starting it was better than having to wait for new racers to populate the grid. I’m wondering if I should add the non-rain condition descriptions to the race schedule so people can get a chance to practice them. I realize lighting can be problematic in certain tracks, especially in cockpit cam. I’m personally a fan of cloudy days since the lighting is adequate and you don’t get those annoying sun glares in cockpit cam.

No worries, yep I agree I prefer without the glare.

Hello, first time posting in :gtplanet: here, but I've been an usual lurker since Gran Turismo 4 had released. I'm very much interested in joining this series, I think it would bring back memories from GT6 lobbies!

If there is a space, I'll take it. I'm in the UK, but I can make the times. 9 to 11 a.m. EST would be around 15 - 17 p.m. (GMT 0) for me. :cheers:

My PSN ID is Cabernet_GT. Let's hope I wasn't too late with my request. :lol:

Looks like it'll be a Civic event.

I'll go against the grain and pick a non-Civic then. I have to set a power/weight limit too. Hopefully, that'll give people more incentive to pick other cars. Still, the Civic is perhaps the most popular of the bunch. If this one goes okay, I might do another budget event for cars priced 21-25K.

Hello, first time posting in :gtplanet: here, but I've been an usual lurker since Gran Turismo 4 had released. I'm very much interested in joining this series, I think it would bring back memories from GT6 lobbies!

If there is a space, I'll take it. I'm in the UK, but I can make the times. 9 to 11 a.m. EST would be around 15 - 17 p.m. (GMT 0) for me. :cheers:

My PSN ID is Cabernet_GT. Let's hope I wasn't too late with my request. :lol:

Yup. There's room. Feel free to send me a PSN friend request if I don't get around to it myself.

Throw in some max power and weight limit or a custom aggressive BOP. Success ballast might have some challenge too!

I need to figure something out for that. I should have power/weight limits posted later today.

Last edited:
150 HP limit for power, but no limit for weight. How does that scan with everyone?

I think there should be a minimum weight requirement, maybe 1050 kilograms (~2314 lb) for the Civic, Fit, Eunos and Swift. Kei cars can have their weight set at stock in my opinion, as that's their main advantage. Power seems good though.

150 HP limit for power, but no limit for weight. How does that scan with everyone?
I believe there should be a minimum weight. Since kei cars have much higher weight-power ratio.

Based on Kudos, we should individually adjust the power and weight restrictions to keep it perhaps an average 3.0 for all qualifying cars.
Perhaps simply boost the power of Honda Beat, Daihatsu Copen, Honda Fit Hybrid and power down the Mazda Eunos and Civic Type R...

I believe there should be a minimum weight. Since kei cars have much higher weight-power ratio.

Based on Kudos, we should individually adjust the power and weight restrictions to keep it perhaps an average 3.0 for all qualifying cars.
Perhaps simply boost the power of Honda Beat, Daihatsu Copen, Honda Fit Hybrid and power down the Mazda Eunos and Civic Type R...

I'll try to figure out alternate power/weight values later today. I'll also look into BOP as a potential option.

I'll try to figure out alternate power/weight values later today. I'll also look into BOP as a potential option.
No problem for that. It's just a suggestion to dramatically spice up the races.

If you need some mock lobbies or tests I could offer a help at night here (though I'm on a different time zone so it's daytime for you).

No problem for that. It's just a suggestion to dramatically spice up the races.

If you need some mock lobbies or tests I could offer a help at night here (though I'm on a different time zone so it's daytime for you).

@Satomiblood I've shot you a friend request on PSN. And on the side note of testing, I can also offer help if you need it. Depends on the time, heavily too. :)

Whatever testing you guys want to do is fine with me. Pretty much anyone can chime in with spec and theme suggestions.

Whatever testing you guys want to do is fine with me. Pretty much anyone can chime in with spec and theme suggestions.

Okay, I'll try and test a few cars and see how they compare against one another in three ways; stock, stock with BoP, and stock with BoP plus tuning. Although I think the Civic and the Eunos will be the go-to cars, and the Swift not much further behind. :cheers:

Back