Mazda

• Thread starter GT308
  • 4 comments
does anyone else here drift with the mazda infini III from the 80's beginer championship? if so could i get some help setting it up.

Actually, that car was one of my best drifters in GT3...i accidentally pulled off a drift thru the entire first corner at Laguna Seca once! I mean, i maintained the drift and it seemed liek it went on for hours.

Dont have any settings for you, but if you search around you can certainly find some. The Mazda RX7 infini III is a pretty popular drifter.

Actually, that car was one of my best drifters in GT3...i accidentally pulled off a drift thru the entire first corner at Laguna Seca once! I mean, i maintained the drift and it seemed liek it went on for hours.

Dont have any settings for you, but if you search around you can certainly find some. The Mazda RX7 infini III is a pretty popular drifter.
Cool. Maybe you two could give me tips on how to drift. I am a brillant race driver, neat and tidy but super fast, usally. Unless I'm having an off day which we all have. But I am not good at drfiting. However, a few days ago I was on GT2, and I was driving around SSR5. I was driving an Opel Calibra race car and I amazed my self. I was handbraking around all the turns. It was messy, but I was keeping control. However, I know drifting is quite differnt.

Cool. Maybe you two could give me tips on how to drift. I am a brillant race driver, neat and tidy but super fast, usally. Unless I'm having an off day which we all have. But I am not good at drfiting. However, a few days ago I was on GT2, and I was driving around SSR5. I was driving an Opel Calibra race car and I amazed my self. I was handbraking around all the turns. It was messy, but I was keeping control. However, I know drifting is quite differnt.

It's a matter of intuition. I grew up watching Dukes of Hazzard and shows like that (where they're constantly sliding cars around) so naturally when i started playing GT i would occasionally try and mimic this.

1. You brake into a turn and mash the steering hard. Now you're sliding.

2. Kick in the throttle. If you've got a good angle, the rear of your car will "step out". It will want to SPIN if you keep the gas on heavily. :scared:The trick is to modulate your gas and/or steering so that this spin doesn't happen, and instead you're cruising sideways like the pros do in competitions. 👍 Now you're drifting.

3. LIke i said, it's a matter of intuition...eventually you get a feel for how much brakes, throttle, and steering input you'll need, and you'll be monitoring these 3 actions moment-by-moment to maintain your drift.

It's easy to drift in GT3 (easier than GT4 anyways). Some cars like that Infini III, NIssan Silvia K's, or Corolla/Truenos drift more readily than others, because they've got relatively narrow tires in the rear. Others like the Cobra R Mustang or a Viper have fatter rear tires...they will drift, but you might need more power add-ons or crappier tires to make them drift...at least in gT3.

Back