Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 11 comments
Well, the store I shop at most often when I want PC games slipped this one out a little earlier than it's planned release date.

All I can really say about the game is that I'm in complete awe with every facet of it's design. While the graphics aren't quite as good as say... Return to Castle Wolfenstein, they are definitely good, and far more effective in conveying the WWII motif.
The missions are diverse, and many of them you will end up playing a few times just because they are that much fun! :)
And to anyone that always wished for a First Person Shooter that basically put you inside the movie "Saving Private Ryan," then this is the game for you. (No joking, get in the car, drive fast, sprint to the store counter on the 22nd)

:camo:

From what I have heard, the old king of single player FPS is finally dethroned, (Half Life) - And Medal of Honor is the new king !!

I have played a beta version of ths game, and the AI is surely a thing to behold..I can't wait to get it!

Well, I'm a major fan of Half life, but I'll say that this had an even better story. (Actually, there's not too much story as there is "Scripted action") I hope that someone else gives it a shot, it's too good to miss. :)

Tom is it out yet? I've been wondering this for a week or two and i havent seen it in any stores, ie BestBuy CompUsa, etc.

It's out! Jan. 23rd to be exact....

We came, we say, we played, we conquered!!!

It's an awesome game, totally unlike any other video game experience thus far!

SO what are you waiting for? Go get it!!!

Originally posted by Pako
It's out! Jan. 23rd to be exact....

We came, we say, we played, we conquered!!!

It's an awesome game, totally unlike any other video game experience thus far!

SO what are you waiting for? Go get it!!!

Geez well either BestBuy and CompUSA have been sold out of it for the past week, went to each each day this week or they just hate me, CompUSA for me killing everyone in the GT3 tourney :P and Bestbuy since my sister worked there over the summer :eek:

It's out, it's in the new format of Game Boxes which looks like a Small DVD boxed set. I thought it was a stack full of paperback books at first. :eek:

Anyone played OFP here? How does that measure up to it. I expect the WW2 mods for OFP (about a million of them, but only two good ones: Invasion 1944 and Battle Field 1942) will be better, except for MP. OFP has horrible MP, and MOH:AA has great MP. I will be getting it this weekend if I decide to get it and not paintball gear.

Operation Flash Point just didn't hold my interest like MOH: AA did....I sure the game play would have been good...but I just didn't get into it... OFP graphics are, shall we say, simple in compairison...

I thought that Return to Castle Wolf has better MP than MOH, but I personally enjoyed the Single Player of MOH better...

:cheers:

Originally posted by Pako
Operation Flash Point just didn't hold my interest like MOH: AA did....I sure the game play would have been good...but I just didn't get into it... OFP graphics are, shall we say, simple in compairison...

I thought that Return to Castle Wolf has better MP than MOH, but I personally enjoyed the Single Player of MOH better...

:cheers:
They were simple because the creaters went for quantity then quality. If you look around in the game, there are a lot of plants to hide behind. I'd rather have lots of crappy plants every 50 square meters, instead of 2 really nice looking ones every 100 square meters. Also, Battle Field 1942 is not a mod, but a whole other game. It is just like OFP but its WW2 based. The gameplay is the same, the mapping and terrain is common, and so are the physics and vehicles. Basically, it looks exactly like a WW2 OFP. Which would be MOH:AA but with planes and vehicles. I can't wait for it.

BTW, has anyone played Medal of Honor: Frontline for PS2? I have beaten both of the PSX games and loved them, but if this game is any good it will be another for the list when I get PS2.

I was so happy i went and bought medal of honor. Then i come home and my 3d card isnt good enough. So my brother returned it and bought a game with my money so it was a double bust. :nervous: :nervous:

Back