Meet Chevrolet's New Mid-Engined Corvette Race Car: the C8.R

I imagine this beauty this, and the C8, coming to Forza Motorsport 8 next year (or this as a post launch DLC car, while the C8 will be part of the vanilla game). ;)

Obligatory comment requesting the car on GT Sport..

One thing to point out is that this is the 3rd variant of the car and you can't even drive it yet... GM seems to have a lot of faith in it..

Also, the rear looks much better in this racecar form IMO..

I think the redesign has actually been more well received than the perception indicates. As with anything, it is the loud minority that gets a majority of the attention. Change is always going to ruffle some feathers, but these C8 models are already almost entirely sold out for 2020. I think once the change anxiety has worn off and the excellent performance reports start rolling in, this new model will sell like hotcakes (even more than it already is). I, for one, love the new design and I loved the C7 too. IMHO change to a mid-engine layout is a fantastic thing and this platform was ready for it. After all, GM have been planning to do this for decades. Had plans to in mid-2000s before the financial crisis shelved it, etc. I welcome the new mid-engine monster to the party....and hopefully GT Sport at some point!

Sweet, can we have this in GT Sport please?
No because Pratt & Miller seem to have issues with licensing anything they aren’t getting massively overpaid for. (The people who make the racing corvettes) they are the whole reason we have the C7 Gr.3 and not the
C7R

And will GT Sport be getting it? No because its a racing car. However if it were a Dodge Durango I bet they would consider it at least.
Read above. And maybe stop acting like a child. Race car soon come.

I believe this is going to be in next GT title, maybe in GT Sport
That’s a big thing to suggest considering the history of P&M.

Last edited:
I think mixing GTE with GT3 in Gr.3 is a great idea honestly. They're very close in terms of performance/looks.
I rather not, I already have to worry about that in Forza 7's clustermess of a GT class.

All I will say is... 911 RSR. It doesn’t need to make sense
Yeah, that's a case in point of my problems with GTS. It needs a class overhaul. If PD are pushing for a FIA like environment, then yes it has to make sense.

And will GT Sport be getting it? No because its a racing car.

FoolhardyIgnorantBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

I think mixing GTE with GT3 in Gr.3 is a great idea honestly. They're very close in terms of performance/looks.
GTE and GT3 close in performance?? Not even close, which is why GTE cars lap GT3 cars multiple times in a 2 hour race.

GTE has more HP, better brakes, and a lot more downforce.

GT3 cars start their life as production cars. GTE cars are built as pure racecars, from the ground up (eg the 911 being mid engine, not rear, or the BMW having the engine in the cockpit basically. The Ford GT was an exception, the racecar was designed by Multimatic first, then the road car derived from that, and then all the other manufacturers needed to give concessions to Ford to allow the thing to race).

Obligatory comment requesting the car on GT Sport..

One thing to point out is that this is the 3rd variant of the car and you can't even drive it yet... GM seems to have a lot of faith in it..

Also, the rear looks much better in this racecar form IMO.

I was there at Kennedy. Living in south Florida and having a friend at corvette blogger allowed me to see it. Incredible up close. It started at 730 ran over quite a bit.
We were told please no pictures or video but that didn’t last long. Joel’s video is the only one I’ve seen online.

Can't wait to see it at Daytona.

No because Pratt & Miller seem to have issues with licensing anything they aren’t getting massively overpaid for. (The people who make the racing corvettes) they are the whole reason we have the C7 Gr.3 and not the
C7R

That makes zero sense. The C7.R is featured in multiple racing games. AC, Forza, PC, Rfactor 2, Grid and so on. Do you really think it is a problem with the manufacturer? To me it seems like PD that just doesn't want to put certain cars in the game.

GTE and GT3 close in performance?? Not even close, which is why GTE cars lap GT3 cars multiple times in a 2 hour race.

GTE has more HP, better brakes, and a lot more downforce.

GT3 cars start their life as production cars. GTE cars are built as pure racecars, from the ground up (eg the 911 being mid engine, not rear, or the BMW having the engine in the cockpit basically. The Ford GT was an exception, the racecar was designed by Multimatic first, then the road car derived from that, and then all the other manufacturers needed to give concessions to Ford to allow the thing to race).
This man speaks truth. Along with GTE having a lot less BOP enforced too. Why do you think Bentley don’t go for Le Mans? :lol: GTE allow complete modification, GT3 allow less modification such as rules like running a stock injectors etc.

The m8 is the first purpose built gte car from bmw in recent years. They needed a waiver for the z4 as the original was a gt3 car rebuilt to gte spec and they built the m6 to gtlm spec from the gt3 which wasn't ACO homologated to race at Le Mans.

Long story short, gte is considerably faster thanks to it’s more race car orientated rules and purpose built cars.

Can't wait to see it at Daytona.

That makes zero sense. The C7.R is featured in multiple racing games. AC, Forza, PC, Rfactor 2, Grid and so on. Do you really think it is a problem with the manufacturer? To me it seems like PD that just doesn't want to put certain cars in the game.
It makes plenty of sense. P&M are known for being difficult. Can’t all these other developers have paid more than hey should have? Let’s take spa in to consideration!

Look at iRacing. They made a statement making it clear that after the hard time they had with P&M over getting the C7R, they said they will never deal with them again.

Back