Mercedes-AMG One: An F1-Engined Hypercar

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
Rumors have started to buzz around about a potential new hypercar from Mercedes-AMG utilising F1 technology like the Aston Martin AM-RB 001. Reports suggest that the new hyper-AMG is in the final design stages before a reveal in 2017 to mark AMG's 50th anniversary.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/18211/mercedes-f1-team-confirms-f1-engined-hypercar
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a30598/mercedes-amg-hypercar-f1/

What are your thoughts?

Bring it, cause I bet my brother's left foot it will be pretty awesome. Especially if it's powertrain and aero F1 stuff.

Mercedes-AMG F1 hypercar car teased at the the Paris auto show.

mercedes-f1-hybrid-hypercar-teasers.jpg

This car is going to be absolutely insane. I wonder what they're gonna call it.
Mercedes-AMG F1 hypercar car teased at the the Paris auto show.

mercedes-f1-hybrid-hypercar-teasers.jpg

Going by that image, it looks like they're going for a road going LMP look. From the side, it looks kind of like the LM55.
b6ecoyvyi7lacoiz3wpt.jpg

My main concern is how AMG are going to make the Formula 1 powertrain (hybrid systems and all) reliable enough to work in a road car.

My main concern is how AMG are going to make the Formula 1 powertrain (hybrid systems and all) reliable enough to work in a road car.

As mentioned by others the load wouldn't be as high.

I'd add that other hypercar manufacturers manage okay, the main reason is that the cars do a relatively low mileage and have on-tap factory support. If that sounds expensive it's because it is.

I think I'm less impressed with hyper cars when we are seeing electric passenger cars just as quick. I'm not hating or anything. I mean, these hyper cars need to be trick. They should be able to be driven to a race event, raced and driven home. A la SCG's current model.

Not impressed. Especially with the point @Navreek Darkriom makes.

Hypercars are getting so insanely fast you can barely even use them on a race track unless you're a very talented driver. I think it's cool they can achieve it though.

The prices of these cars, They're no longer made for car lovers or rich car lovers. They're made exclusively for the "insanely rich and mine is bigger than yours crowd". It's really sad to me.

Latest Posts

Back