Mercedes-AMG One: An F1-Engined Hypercar

Not to sound like a massive prick, but I'm sure you hardly made a dent in their finances with that declaration (especially since this care has sold out already before its even been completed)
One could make the Top 200 and Mercedes wouldn't care if they pass. There are people who do want the car with the income to buy it, and they aren't getting it, either.

Its Lewis Hamilton, how else would it have ended? One only has to recall the ad for the Mercedes AMG GTS to see that.

Not to sound like a massive prick, but I'm sure you hardly made a dent in their finances with that declaration (especially since this car has sold out already before its even been completed)

Also, can I ask why its still a concern about what people a certain car in the million dollar price range attracts anymore? Chances are no one here (except the guy that bought the "Landshark") will ever afford these AND frankly as demonstrated by some very absurd items, the Million Dollar Price bracket is always going to attract big spenders like those said Oil sheiks (because apparently according to the internet, those are the ONLY people with money), Oil Tycoons, snobby business men, a doctor, anyone with the deepest pockets.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Its Lewis Hamilton, how else would it have ended? One only has to recall the ad for the Mercedes AMG GTS to see that.

Not to sound like a massive prick, but I'm sure you hardly made a dent in their finances with that declaration (especially since this car has sold out already before its even been completed)

Also, can I ask why its still a concern about what people a certain car in the million dollar price range attracts anymore? Chances are no one here (except the guy that bought the "Landshark") will ever afford these AND frankly as demonstrated by some very absurd items, the Million Dollar Price bracket is always going to attract big spenders like those said Oil sheiks (because apparently according to the internet, those are the ONLY people with money), Oil Tycoons, snobby business men, a doctor, anyone with the deepest pockets.
I don't remember that add tbh. I have a memory !like an elephant, or was it a fish? Can never remember.

Even though the chances are potentially slim, I'd like it if Mercedes kept the name.

Something about "Project One" just seems apt.

Following from @AudiMan2011, the engine has an e-motor bolted to the crankshaft, and another two on the front axle for each wheel. There's a fourth e-motor built into the turbocharger which helps to cut turbo lag.

Combined total power output is expected to be around 1,000bhp @ 11,000rpm, whilst top speed looks like 215mph+.

Yes, the powertrain is effectively straight from the Formula 1 car. Just modified for road use
Yeah, the only real difference from the race engine is that the Project One's engine will be nerfed a bit. Though 748 horsepower at 11000 rpm isn't exactly underpowered.

I realize the fin is an F1 thing but the Project One looks kind of odd without a fixed wing like on an actual F1 car.

Mercedes-AMG One. Silly but doesn’t top Ferrari TheFerrari.

AMG One could be kind of cool in the right context like Air Force One. Probably not in others though:
“What kind of Merc is that?”
“It’s an AMG One.”
“What model AMG?”
“One”.

Having the prototype called Project One is cool but calling the production car "ONE" is stupid. There is also (Volvo) Polestar calling their first car 1.

Having the prototype called Project One is cool but calling the production car "ONE" is stupid. There is also (Volvo) Polestar calling their first car 1.

'One' is so played out, like putting "i" infront of things. Lazy and unimaginative imo.

Engineering: Technically we had 4 prototypes for this...
Marketing: Let's just say they were all ONE prototype because they're all called ONE.
Engineering: We spun this particular bit off into another car so... it could be considered to have resulted in TWO cars.
Marketing: We're ceasing our plans for the other car. It's just ONE car.
Engineering: We had like 7 different "visions" for this car. Bob alone had 3...
Marketing: ONE vision, just one.
Engineering: Getting back to the prototype thing, don't people want us to go through a few prototypes to work out the kinks? I'm worried people will think this is half baked.
Marketing: Look, it doesn't fit with the narrative here...
Philosophy Department: Ok but what does "One thought" even mean? How do you differentiate between one thought and the next? Can we say "a contiguous stream of thoughts?"
Marketing: I'm getting real sick of your nonsense Gary! Starting to wonder why we even have a Philosophy Department.

Engineering: Technically we had 4 prototypes for this...
Marketing: Let's just say they were all ONE prototype because they're all called ONE.
Engineering: We spun this particular bit off into another car so... it could be considered to have resulted in TWO cars.
Marketing: We're ceasing our plans for the other car. It's just ONE car.
Engineering: We had like 7 different "visions" for this car. Bob alone had 3...
Marketing: ONE vision, just one.
Engineering: Getting back to the prototype thing, don't people want us to go through a few prototypes to work out the kinks? I'm worried people will think this is half baked.
Marketing: Look, it doesn't fit with the narrative here...
Philosophy Department: Ok but what does "One thought" even mean? How do you differentiate between one thought and the next? Can we say "a contiguous stream of thoughts?"
Marketing: I'm getting real sick of your nonsense Gary! Starting to wonder why we even have a Philosophy Department.
:lol:

:lol:

It's a fair assessment, though. The project ended in completion, resulting in a product of said project. "Mercedes-AMG Product One", as absurd as it is, is arguably the more logical moniker.

Maybe the "One" part comes from the 1 in F1? It is after all a car with an F1 engine.

Or it could be a one-off project.

Or Mercedes-AMG doesn't have enough fantasy to come up with a decent name.

Last edited:
IMO should've been called W08 Strassenversion or the W08 GTR (reference to the CLK GTR, which this car is the spiritual successor of more than anything else).

AMG One is NOT going to be google search friendly in a few years...

IMO should've been called W08 Strassenversion or the W08 GTR (reference to the CLK GTR, which this car is the spiritual successor of more than anything else).

AMG One is NOT going to be google search friendly in a few years...

Bunch of rubbish. I love the name.

AMGONE.. i amgone

Some more interesting shots of the car and interior, courtesy of none other than Nico Rosberg. Important bits start from 6:30 onwards.

I never noticed the front fender slats can open up like that. In every other press photo it's closed so I guess it's motorised. I don't know what aero advantage having it closed instead of just having open slats all the time though, as they are supposed to reduce air pressure in the wheel well, thus improving downforce and drag. Having motors to do that just adds weight and unnecessary complexity. But hey, I'm not the one making world championship winning F1 cars for the last 5 years, so what do I know?

Can you imagine if this car becomes the F1 Safety Car in the future? The drivers will never complain of going too slowly again :lol:

Back