Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Road Car 1998

Switzerland
Switzerland
Confi_User_3
Yes, this is a CLK GTR. This is NOT the CLR!!! xD
mercedes-benz-clk-gtr-wallpapermercedes-benz-clk-gtr-photo-pic-wallpaper-high-quality-new---free-dkvzovnc.jpg

Last edited:
Voted. Important informations have already been provided via links, so I'll continue with one interesting and unfortunately sad fact.
The CLK-GTR was deemed to be very unreliable. Car dealer Mark Johnston requested a full refund of his own example as it broke after travelling about 1.6 kilometres. In British car magazin Evo it appeard on the list of 10 worst cars they have tested in year 2006. They criticized usage of mechanical components inside and handling. It also suffered from a mechanical failure during the test.

But it certainly would be a great addition to other cars from this class. After all, it was featured in many racing games primarily NFS series.

889.jpg

Reference:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/car-dealer-sues-mercedes-over-faulty-17-million-clk-gtr.html

Car Magazine Evo, January 2007 (#10)

I think this deserves more love, I really want that GT1 road car along with other homologations.
TBH it's the SuperSport and Roadster version of this car that needs more love. Having all the CLK-GTR/CLK-LM variations would be cool though... :D

Back